Why Australia doesn't have Servers.

Aus/NZ General Discussion
because Telstra want way too much money.

Go read a bit before posting useless crap.

We had a chance of having servers but Telstra are a bunch of !@#$heads.

Blame them.
I tried to find out how much telstra wanted from players who said telstra offered but no one could name a price :( Is there somewhere to read up on this?

Blame them.

That was years ago and there are many other ventures to achieve Oceanic servers.
Unless you're going to accommodate for a region properly, at least give some heed that such a region will suffer a much lower level of tolerable game play opposed to the optimal experience.
Because the fact that EA and Bioware setup aussy servers for swtor witch has a much smaller community doesnt blow this stupid fact out of the water at all......

Your info is about 7 years out of date.
Telstra has nothing to do with it, a number of other ISP's have extended options to Blizzard for local servers.
Well Internode said "If Blizzard wanted to re-engage with us on the notion of winding up with in our (extensively peered) data centre facilities, we’d be just thrilled. That door is still open, has been for years, and its not closed now."

For many and most a server in SEA is not a solution or option due to the number of hops to get there. Its either a server in Sydney, Japan or Hawaii.

see this .
http://delimiter.com.au/2010/11/09/australias-emissary-to-blizzard-simon-hackett/

I managed to complete Normal and Nightmare.
05/21/2012 01:42 AMPosted by cheekster
I tried to find out how much telstra wanted from players who said telstra offered but no one could name a price :( Is there somewhere to read up on this?

It would have been a confidential business discussion. Anyone who could give you an accurate figure would be acting extremely unprofessionally.

The most you could get is an educated guestimate from an uninvolved worker in that industry.
For god's sake. Internode told them they would host the servers for a tiny stipend a couple of years ago.

e: On the basis that they would have got a huge amount of good will and subs based on the hosting.

Blame them.
Wow man. You're waaaaay behind the times. That news was relevant years ago. They got a server going in the SEA area for SC2, so it's possible.
Last time blizzard even asked was like 6 years ago.
I hate to tell you, but blizz could easily afford servers here no matter what the price with the money they make from us.
Blizzard has enough money to put servers on the moon for gods sake they just dont give a !@#$!
200ms for this game sucks !@#$ing balls. The bosses !*#! you and there's nothing you can do about it. Very depressing.
since iinet acquired internode they have combined their game hosting facilities, maybe blizzard cud have a chat with them and set something up.

this telestra story is about 8 years old. if star wars can set up local servers i can't see why blizzard still don't want to.
from all the money they get from wow #%%s u think they can get this RPG running properly
since iinet acquired internode they have combined their game hosting facilities, maybe blizzard cud have a chat with them and set something up.

this telestra story is about 8 years old. if star wars can set up local servers i can't see why blizzard still don't want to.

You have to remember that setting up server require constant bills to maintain....Problem with a D3 server is that its not a constant revenue...So say that D3 creates a revenue for 3 years....while thats all well and good, the only option to keep it going is monthly subscriptions. That being said, you could !@#$% about them not setting up oceanic servers for WoW...but they figure that american based servers with "Oceanic" slapped on the label is good enough and saves a crap ton of money...cant fault them for it really but aussie based servers for D3 is just bad business sense

Blame them.

I agree Telstra are a bunch of turds but if you make a statement like this back it up with links current etc.
I think the information you have is way out of date and Telstra are not to blame at all.