Legendary versus Blue Drops.

Items and Crafting
I keep seeing complaints about the quality of legendary drops.

I'd actually like to see an option where everything above blue becomes one colour (marking it only as rare) as I think it would generate more interest in itemisation.

In other words, who cares whether it's orange/brown/blue/yellow/flourescent pink? The real issue is, is it an improvement for your character?

Perhaps the removal of the colouring scheme would make inventorising a more interesting topic, as people would be made to consider more carefully what it is that they picking up.
I keep seeing complaints about the quality of legendary drops.

I'd actually like to see an option where everything above blue becomes one colour (marking it only as rare) as I think it would generate more interest in itemisation.

In other words, who cares whether it's orange/brown/blue/yellow/flourescent pink? The real issue is, is it an improvement for your character?

Perhaps the removal of the colouring scheme would make inventorising a more interesting topic, as people would be made to consider more carefully what it is that they picking up.

Now THIS is a solid idea. Make the player actually look at the items they get and not just gripe about the quality of the item based on the color of its text.
No. I like orange names. It's just a shame that they never drop, and when they do, they are complete and total garbage. Want to know where my fun came from in Diablo 2? Farming Mephisto and seeing 1-4 items drop with a golden name. Most were also complete garbage, this is true, but guess what? At least I see an item with a golden name in Diablo 2.

I've found 2 "Legendary" items in Diablo 3, with 205% MF and 80 hours played. THAT is the real issue, I think.
05/21/2012 04:55 PMPosted by Nerjinzul
No. I like orange names.

Why? What's so special about the colour? It's not the colour that makes them good it's the stats.

Want to know where my fun came from in Diablo 2?

No.

I've found 2 "Legendary" items in Diablo 3, with 205% MF and 80 hours played. THAT is the real issue, I think

Thanks for derailing my topic. This is not an issue. Rare drops are rare drops. That's work as intended, I'm sure.
LOL. what a retarded idea. yeah lets remove all special and interesting parts of items and even further lets make all the items have white text, and have the names just called, sword, spear, wand, sheild etc....