Does anyone ever getgood gear for THEMSELVES?

General Discussion
Does anyone ever getgood gear for THEMSELVES?

Yes.
05/31/2012 01:54 PMPosted by BigDGeorge
it was always extremely rare to find something in diablo 2 that you wanted to use. this way, atleast there is an AH instead of looking for trading games or using d2jsp. working as intended.

Right because we're still playing Diablo 2 on the Diablo 3 forums.

Point is this is a diablo game. You complain about act 2 inferno being hard and it really wasn't, even with mediocre stats. Its an end-game type scenario, you're suppose to have to farm. Games been out 2 weeks, get over yourself.
I got myself a good wand this morning. I also have found many good rings.

Either way, it doesn't matter. If there were no AH people would still be buying/selling things, except that they would be doing it on a third-party website.

But you could probably find a better one for dirt cheap. The accessibility of items leaves them feeling not so great when you find a decent one. You always want what you can't have, accessibility ruining this game.
A

it was always extremely rare to find something in diablo 2 that you wanted to use. this way, atleast there is an AH instead of looking for trading games or using d2jsp. working as intended.

Is that so? Im not sure I never played, but I know from my experience with a multitude of other ARPGs that finding your own gear gives you a good feeling. I think blizzard thought that enough "Loot explosions" was what gives that feeling, but they were obviously wrong.

Loot is random. You do understand what random means dont you?
Good gear?
Oh yeah, it drops all of the time.

In the auction house. :|
A

Is that so? Im not sure I never played, but I know from my experience with a multitude of other ARPGs that finding your own gear gives you a good feeling. I think blizzard thought that enough "Loot explosions" was what gives that feeling, but they were obviously wrong.

Sure I do, means a boring !@# game.
05/31/2012 01:49 PMPosted by olbaid
So would you rather go back to D2 and try to find somebody to trade with you instead of having a simple AH method where gold actually has value in this game?

I have no solution. Just pointing out that feeling which is missing from the game. When was the last time you looted something and equipped it right away?

Ive done it all through normal and nightmare so far. Its not missing. Plus this game has always been about trading. The loot has always been completely random. Learn to Diablo.
I'm using one item (ring) that was a drop.
Yesterday I found some gloves that were very nice for me--almost 200 dex, respectable vit, +7% crit, and magic find, while doing Act 1 Inferno Butcher runs.

So yeah, I do find good gear for myself on occasion. I mean I find literally more than a dozen rares per run so sooner or later something good is gonna turn up.
The AH is needed because

1) There are SO many combos of random stats an item can have
2) Gear with the PERFECT stat makeup is required to beat Inferno
05/31/2012 01:47 PMPosted by StarStorm
So would you rather go back to D2 and try to find somebody to trade with you instead of having a simple AH method where gold actually has value in this game?

Yes
I've found a little good gear but it seems like it was easier to gear my character through drops in D2. I do remember using the vendors a fair amount leveling though.

I think the bigger issue is that pretty much all you're looking for is main stat, vitality, regen, and maybe some MF or resist depending on which part of the game you're in. The choices aren't terribly interesting.

Sure I do, means a boring !@# game.

No it means this is Diablo. If you dont like it dont play it. This is how it is. Trading and using the AH is how you trade to items you cant use for the ones you can. Loot is random. Sorry you dont like that.
05/31/2012 01:45 PMPosted by Magnos
I find barbarian gear all the time, it just always has intelligence on it. Most often on Mighty Weapons

Yup. Barb is awash in Int and Dex gear.

Hilariously enough it has spread to my DH now..I crafted(why I did this I don't know)7, no lie, SEVEN yellow(level 50 something recipe) boots with Int in a ROW.
Im lvl 60 on Diablo Inferno and haven't worn a single piece of gear that I've found since early 50's
05/31/2012 02:01 PMPosted by Zes

Yes

Its already in the game. Use chat channels, trade in public games. Youll soon realize why the AH is better though.
05/31/2012 01:45 PMPosted by Magnos
find barbarian gear all the time, it just always has intelligence on it. Most often on Mighty Weapons

You too, eh? I also find a lot of dexterity on wizard only wands and loads of strength on demon hunter only crossbows.