Boon of Protection Hotfix - 5/22

Monk
Prev 1 2 3 4 26 Next
Guess now all monks can join us Barbs at the inn in act 2 inferno because if we take one step outside we get 1 shotted, assuming they can even reach act 2 ofc!
05/22/2012 09:46 PMPosted by Bashiok
Wait, so you're going to take it out entirely?

It's essentially being nerfed to the point of obsolescence until we can implement a new rune in its place in a future patch.

What. Why not just leave it as is, then change it during the patch?
I do agree it's a bit of an exploit for easy survival from normal-hell, but it is essential for survival as a monk in inferno, as stated above. Though I'm sure you've got some plans to assist with monks/barbarians in Inferno. I will be patient.

As stated, you should tend to legendaries :)
please nerf the melee class more, its just TOO easy being a punching bag for everyone.
So you patch out the only heal skill in the game that scales to match end-game health pools? Has anyone at Blizzard even tried to heal in hell or inferno difficulties? Every other heal skill hits for like 1/5 of a character's health pool, while hell mobs hit for easily that much with auto-attacks and inferno mobs one-shot people. Are you trying to make barbarians and monks completely, utterly useless, or do you just expect every player in the game to stack the maximum amount of armor, resist, dodge and block and then sit around dealing 1000 dps to inferno bosses for terrible loot?

If you want to make Boon of Protection weaker, then great. It's definitely too strong. But you should start by changing healing so that every other heal in the game is not completely and utterly worthless garbage as it is now. I don't mind being told that I need to set up a tank build, or switch from meleeing enemies to kiting, or whatever. But if you're going to make healing 100% useless and ensure that every inferno group is 4 infinite kiting wizards/DHs, you guys are completely nuts.

Just in case I'm not being clear: Healing in Diablo 3 is completely broken. More broken than in any comparable game ever released. It does not scale. At all.
Hilarious.
Lengendaries should be stronger than blues.... nuff said
05/22/2012 09:47 PMPosted by Churche
All great and dandy but now the Monk class is dead late game until some unknown time... Now what?

We've made a number of class changes (again, intend to post about all of them tomorrow) and we want to monitor how those shake out before we attack any content difficulty changes. Our intent is to get classes a bit more aligned, verify no new issues crop up from these hotfixes, and then considering all the factors we'll look at content. It's not a preferred method of operating, I'd say, but just because the game is so new we don't think quick decisions on overall balance is the right approach when the metagame is still shifting.
k well I guess I'm just going to re-roll a demon hunter.. this is just stupid.. I do such little damage with a monk anyway that the character is basically useless past Nightmare.. and even sucks in Nightmare.. All I can do is heal and take a tonne of damage.. I wanted to dish out some pain.. not watch other classes come in and beat up my mob in 3 seconds .. the same mob which I couldnt beat in 5 minutes of fighting.. fix the DPS on this class please and balance it.. its so under powered..

Not only does my spirit die out so fast.. but if I don't spend the spirit on healing I'm dead in the higher difficulties.. if I do spend it on any of the costly spirit moves.. they do such little damage that they are basically insignificant..

Time for laser beams and rapid fire arrows?
05/22/2012 09:57 PMPosted by Bashiok
All great and dandy but now the Monk class is dead late game until some unknown time... Now what?

We've made a number of class changes (again, intend to post about all of them tomorrow) and we want to monitor how those shake out before we attack any content difficulty changes. Our intent is to get classes a bit more aligned, verify no new issues crop up from these hotfixes, and then considering all the factors we'll look at content. It's not a preferred method of operating, I'd say, but just because the game is so new we don't think quick decisions on overall balance is the right approach when the metagame is still shifting.

Wouldn't scaling Monk's heals be a priority when "balancing"? We had to resort to Boon spamming because Serenity and BoH doesn't scale AND the cooldown between them is too long.
05/22/2012 09:46 PMPosted by Bashiok
It's essentially being nerfed to the point of obsolescence until we can implement a new rune in its place in a future patch.

You can't just get it out of the game and replace it somewhere in the future? Now my char is kinda stuck till you apply a new Rune. And before you ask, yes I am pretty well geared.

Besides, Monks are totally underpowered in Hell/Inferno mode versus other classes (except Barbs). This rune is key to survivability. Would have really thought that some other aspects in the game had a higher priority...

**shame**
Ouch

Are you willing to comment on whether it's intended that heals don't scale? Or is that something you guys will be revisiting later on, perhaps after monks have rerolled?

EDIT: Also, I really hope this isn't your 'solution' to the problem with Quickening, because near-infinite spirit generation can be put to other uses that are equally unbalanced...
If this is removed and melee is fixed in other ways (rumour of 30% damage reduc not working properly), then it will be better overall. I think waiting for the full hotfix notes is important because it has been confirmed there will be quite a few. They are aware things are nowhere near balanced at the moment so lets hope the hotfixes tomorrow bring all the classes closer together.
Just fix the items. Please.

Melee thrives off of Life leech, or at least it did in D2. Life leech is few and far between and as far as I can tell ONLY comes on weapons whereas it could come on rings/ammys/helms/weapons and other things in D2. Would greatly increase melee survivability.

Hell, leave the classes alone. Fix the items.

And way to really screw monk over, that was the only thing allowing me to even be viable and survive.