My Staff Of Herding Is gone?

General Discussion
05/29/2012 03:20 PMPosted by Galesca
i could care less im still waiting for izaul to drop teh normal plans so tired of farming him hours on end, blizz really need to change how you get the normal plans, all the other items just take time by making new games. The recipe is bullcrap that you have to fight all the way to izual, then kill him then theres a chance he will drop them...

After you kill Izual, the merchant in the town sells it.
Same problem happened to me last week. I checked all my characters for the items and staff. I checked my blacksmith and found that the recipe was still there. There was a hole in my stash exactly where i put the staff.

So I wrote blizzard via a trouble ticket. After 4 days I get a canned response about how they do not provide item replacement for lost or missing items. I responded in great detail about thier heavily bugged and/or broken game and the ethics and benefits of excellent customer service. Their response was another completely canned response about suggestions and bug reporting.

Moral of the story. Blizzard has our cash. They don't give a $#!&. Remake it or quit. Either way they win.
Its not gone, the ground hogs took it. Blizzard has made a new level call the "Ground Hog Day Special".

In a repeat performace EVERY Tuesday, in honor of the grand launch 5/15/12, ground hogs will take things from your bag. Its up to you to figure out how to get to that magical level if you can first figure out how to log in on Tuesdays. Simple as chicken pot pies.
05/29/2012 03:15 PMPosted by Michael
i spend 2mil on that thing now its gone.

05/29/2012 03:17 PMPosted by Michael
yeah maybe ill just farm it again thank you guys.

lol, it's so funny what people will put up with these days. Hope you enjoy farming it again for a third time, then a fourth time, fifth time, etc.
i don't care about the money farming for the mats takes awhile. i still have 4mil on me so why not farm for the mats again right?
05/29/2012 03:25 PMPosted by Michael
i don't care about the money farming for the mats takes awhile. i still have 4mil on me so why not farm for the mats again right?

Maybe it's because I have yet to even buy all my stash tabs let alone make my first million, but your attitude really shocks me.

I imagined that your hard-earned rewards would hold greater value for you.
This is my reply from what i got from blizzard regarding this bug -

Greetings!

Sorry that this happened! Unfortunately, Diablo 3 doesn't save information the way World of Warcraft does. It's called a database revert which means the server didn't capture what happened (possibly due to a bad connection) and whatever happened after stopped being recorded and was lost.

Sorry again for your loss! Thank you again for contacting us. We hope that you continue to enjoy your experience in Diablo III.

Regards,

Game Master Oegrath
Customer Services
Blizzard Entertainment
<http://www.blizzard.com/support>

I answered the Following :

"Sorry again for your loss! Thank you again for contacting us. We hope that you continue to enjoy your experience in Diablo III.

if you guys are really sorry how about giving back the gold i have to spend on making or just give it back in my stash i even got the screen shot of this and also how can i enjoy my experience in Diablo III when something like this can happen again and you guys refuse to do anything about it?

A different Gm replied this time:

Hey there,

I'm so very sorry to hear about the loss of your Staff of Herding. As a D3 player myself I can for sure understand how upsetting that must be. =/

While I understand that there this is very frustrating, I'm afraid that with Diablo 3, since it is a different type of game than WoW, we are sadly not able to alter followers, NPCs, artisans, items or achievements. If an item or hero cannot be recovered using in-game systems, it is permanently lost. I am so very sorry about that, but I do wish you all the best in getting an even better item. :(

For more information on restorations in Diablo III, please see our support article:

http://www.battle.net/support/article/4600047

I'm really sorry we weren't able to get that back for you, but if you have any other in-game issues please let us know!

Best wishes,

Game Master Enthenia
Customer Services
Blizzard Entertainment
www.blizzard.com/support
05/31/2012 11:51 AMPosted by Vinny
I am so very sorry about that, but I do wish you all the best in getting an even better item. :(

.. If this person plays D3 they SHOULD KNOW there is no such thing as a better item then Inferno Version of the Herding Staff?!?!

This is beyond a joke Blizzard!
Same problem happened to me last week. I checked all my characters for the items and staff. I checked my blacksmith and found that the recipe was still there. There was a hole in my stash exactly where i put the staff.

So I wrote blizzard via a trouble ticket. After 4 days I get a canned response about how they do not provide item replacement for lost or missing items. I responded in great detail about thier heavily bugged and/or broken game and the ethics and benefits of excellent customer service. Their response was another completely canned response about suggestions and bug reporting.

Moral of the story. Blizzard has our cash. They don't give a $#!&. Remake it or quit. Either way they win.

I lost my inferno staff of herding and I get the same canned unsympathetic response. 2 million gold and mats farmed by myself. Hours and hours of farming just to get the staff and make an inferno one, all done for nothing. Since we paid them, and they won't do anything, it's only natural to want our money back. I am going to get a refund.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5150109977#9
Tossed mine out with the crap whites im not making another one so !@#$ the staff of herding