300k+ dps, +Spec and Farming Suggestions

Demon Hunter
Prev 1 2 3 6 Next
This is my dps without SharpShooter. DPS with SS is easily inflated by stacking +crit damage modifiers. While this looks nice and epeeny, it doesn't do anything because SS doesn't actually give 100% crit with 100% uptime like the tooltip seems to suggest.

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm42/JoOw_2008/withoutss.png

without SS DPS.
raserei what is your hp/armor/dodge?

27k/2300/43% over here...

Did you use a crit build? Post a pic of your stats!
Think it's actually worth stacking that much DPS when farming? or do you have that high DPS and still high MF gear?

I only wear 123k DPS (with sharpshooter) when farming inferno pony land, and it still only takes about 20-25 minutes for a full clear solo. That's while wearing +183% MF (no follower).

Do you think a slightly faster run, but with less MF is overall worth it?
He probably bought gold. How else do you get those stats before you've farmed Inferno?

Just starting on act 1 with that and you need advice? zzzz

I'm calling troll. Those aren't his stats.
This looks familiar to Athene's gear...
dont mind if i carry on with this tread. ive been reading many treads like this am i have seen many ppls gear usual tends to hover around IAS and movment speed gear. this is my current gear and i am very worried about dropping so much armor and dex. could anyone be kind enough to advise? im currently stuck at the sewers in act 2 inferno as those damn accursed with damn ^&*^(& afixes. if i had to change gear most would be a change of my pants, helm, boots, and bracers. is it worth dropping all that dex and armor? my build centers around a 2H bow. please some kind soul help me out here before i drop a !@#$ ton of gold on stuff that might break me.

bracers: promise of glory: 327
114 dex
34 cold res
170 armor
13% gold
12% MF
3.0 % crit increase

boots: 476
176 dex
122 vit
45 arcane res
215 armor
12 mov spd

pants: 672
79 dex
85 vit
43 phy res
299 armor
3 soc with all dex jems

chest: 651
78 dex
15 res all elements
314 armor
3 soc with all dex jems

helm: 723
73 str
177 dex
50 vit
341 armor

i honestly believe this gear is quite good as i most gears at this lvl would cost anything drom 500k - a few mils. i feel a little weird dropping so much stats for mov an IAS pleas pleas help. thanks in advance
also to add on. ive seen quivers ammy and rings that most people go for seem to have low dex ratings. they just spam percentages of crit chance dmg and add % to demons or elites. should i be following the same path? i just feel all weird dropping so much dex as my build now i centered around high dex. since im at it. should i be going 2H xbow instead of a 2H bow with the new build? or just stick to 2H bow?
Anyone who says "don't get hit" in response to DHes getting one shotted in Inferno needs a reality check.
05/30/2012 03:17 PMPosted by Terror
2. For reflect mobs, i picked up two 1h crossbow from the AH, now these have to be sorta specific, but i found with 2x 1h Crossbow around 500 dps range, with Life ON Hit of around 500+ i am able to just hold down my mouse button for both Hungering and NT and not die. Any higher dps and the life steal just cant keep up.

errr....you do know that Life ON hit isn't Life steal?

the higher the dps of the weapon, you still get 500+ life every hit

even if you have % life steal...more dps means more life stolen from the massive amounts of damage your doing
do you prefer going full glass cannon or stacking all resists and some dmg, i try to full dps but with my gear from act 1 i can only pull like 12k dps, and that tribad imo compaired to my friends on their barbs and monks with 18-20k and a crap ton of mitigation. im just not sure how to build my gear anymore.
2. For reflect mobs, i picked up two 1h crossbow from the AH, now these have to be sorta specific, but i found with 2x 1h Crossbow around 500 dps range, with Life ON Hit of around 500+ i am able to just hold down my mouse button for both Hungering and NT and not die. Any higher dps and the life steal just cant keep up.

errr....you do know that Life ON hit isn't Life steal?

the higher the dps of the weapon, you still get 500+ life every hit

even if you have % life steal...more dps means more life stolen from the massive amounts of damage your doing

His point was not life stealing even if on his last sentence says it, surely was a typo. What he means is that if his weapons hit too hard, bigger damage is reflected back, and then the 500 LoH of every weapon, together with the NT healing, can't keep up with the damage reflected. Thats why he is using "medium" dmg weapons, to not reflect back too much dmg ;)
act 1 is cake for me. partly because of my high armor and dex vit gear. i got a fair amount of resis. however im currently stuck at act 2 sewers and i have not traveled further than that so im currently just doing a ton of butcher runs. i can take hits from the butchers spread hooks but die if i get the *COME OVER HERE* hook. no im not using ss. im using traps. works much better on mobs in act 1 since im only farming. im not the best at kiting am im not the worse either. i know what to do but i do get hit once in awhile. just asking if its worth it to trade all my dex and armor and vit for IAS and movment spd. i understand that IAS counts ad dmg in the dmg counter. but since my base dmg that is dex is lower doesnt that make it worse. i do get that im shooting out more arrow per second but as far as base dmg goes if i lose dex im just shoot out lower dmging arrows?? just wondering.
05/31/2012 03:10 AMPosted by Shackleferd
do you prefer going full glass cannon or stacking all resists and some dmg, i try to full dps but with my gear from act 1 i can only pull like 12k dps, and that tribad imo compaired to my friends on their barbs and monks with 18-20k and a crap ton of mitigation. im just not sure how to build my gear anymore.

Well I am not sure yet, I completed act one inferno with 27k hp and 50k dps with sharpshooter. I was being able to hold 2-3 hits with luck.

Yesterday, I just started act2, and was 90% of the times one shot, and the other 10% with barely few hit points left. So I started the glass cannon tactic, 10k hp, with 80k dps with sharpshooter.

I can tell you that my survivality did not change, but i felt difference dps wise, especially on my traps, maybe that's the only way to survive those stealth snakes or those underground creatures that pop kill you. Once you see them, put traps, and stand on top, when they are right on top of you , SS and traps will finish them. Another skill that i find quite useful is Evasive fire, with the 30yd backflip, saved me many many times. Spamming shoots then something pops infront on you and automatically fall back to a safe range and plant some more traps in the way. Better than vault, cause is passive (authomatic), cheaper discipline than vault, and generate more hate than even hungering arrow. It also hits mobs behind the walls they cast.
05/31/2012 03:28 AMPosted by skmaddog
act 1 is cake for me. partly because of my high armor and dex vit gear. i got a fair amount of resis. however im currently stuck at act 2 sewers and i have not traveled further than that so im currently just doing a ton of butcher runs. i can take hits from the butchers spread hooks but die if i get the *COME OVER HERE* hook. no im not using ss. im using traps. works much better on mobs in act 1 since im only farming. im not the best at kiting am im not the worse either. i know what to do but i do get hit once in awhile. just asking if its worth it to trade all my dex and armor and vit for IAS and movment spd. i understand that IAS counts ad dmg in the dmg counter. but since my base dmg that is dex is lower doesnt that make it worse. i do get that im shooting out more arrow per second but as far as base dmg goes if i lose dex im just shoot out lower dmging arrows?? just wondering.

In act1, is not necessary to be a complete glass cannon, since you usually survive 2-3 hit. Also there are not thos invisibles insta kill you.
yup i know. act one is way easier for average player as compared to act 2 onwards. im having the same problems in act 2 you are having. hate those fast inv mobs esp in the sewers those.

thanks for the input. so far what im getting from most treads are glass cannon. mov spd IAS crit etc. im just really worried about drop so much dex and armor. most people when they post, they just put up their life and dmg. they dont say much in way of dex and armor. should i be concerned?
how much dodge you have with 2.2k dex?
Ive been farming Inferno way before these stats, i dont quite understand where you got that info from.

the other quote

I might believe he bought gold because he's obviously carried by gear and pre nerf ss. "I don't stutter step I ss and turret with 300k dps" is horrid.

Have you even looked at my build? i dont turret, like i said the 300k + dps is just epeen, i do not use Steady Aim when farming, i use tactical retreat.

I use movement speed to get distance between me and mobs, stop then DPS nether in the direction i believe the mobs will be coming from. I do not stutter in between as it will drop my SS stack from building. Once i have some distance i will use Nether in the direction they are coming from. If hatred is low ill use piercing to regen hatred, then rinse and repeat. Through experience, you start knowing how fast the mobs will reach you depending on the type of mobs they are and the abilities they have. For Common mobs, a caltrop is enough to get distance, but against faster elites such as Fast.... or Ponies, or Teddies, a SS with Tactical Advantage is required. The way i use SS is the same as using Vault twice, in the opposite direction then start shooting. Unfortunately my latency does not allow me to do that, as half the time im dead as i land, and the mob is definitely out of melee range on my screen.

I have tried stutter stepping, but the burst potential of lets say 40-45% crit from SS with fast IAS and Nether to be alot more viable for the way i play. with 3.01 attack speed using 2h Xbow it is almost near a constant stream.

I do not stack VIT, do you believe 24k hp is STACKING vit? 24k allows a tiny room for error on lightning and desecrate. It is impossible for me to dodge everything, with 350+ ms. 24k hp isnt much, and all i have is around 700 vit. The way this game is designed is not friendly for people with high MS, and somethings that i dodge on my screen still kills me, i can understand if a *attack* hits me im dead, but for things like lightning that and descrate i can just rubber band back into it.

Also in regards to the life steal %, i am sure i have read somewhere that lifesteal % is nerfed up to 80% on Inferno, and through experiment i have found % lifesteal just isnt enough. With lower dps weapon with fast attack speed and decent life on hit it is a much better option

In Answer to other questions, i have 98k dmg without SS, i stack Crit Dmg > IAS > Dex.