Tera might be the worst game i've ever played

Games & Technology
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
05/31/2012 04:35 AMPosted by Mephiston
You realize if you could move while autoattacking, ranged classes would be so rediculously broken it wouldn't even be funny right?

You realise they can do this? and they are VERY far from broken.

How?!
05/31/2012 04:29 AMPosted by Aeolis
Playing Tera at high levels is like trashing Belial Phase3 over and over and over again. I can't see how anyone can dislike it.

Well, OP didn't really play that far (from his complaint, looks like he didn't get off the starter island yet)

Which is probably on par with someone getting a diablo 3 character to level 9, whine about only having 4 buttons to use, then quit, without checking that if he'd continue playing there'd be more skills to use.
05/31/2012 04:39 AMPosted by RoflCat
Playing Tera at high levels is like trashing Belial Phase3 over and over and over again. I can't see how anyone can dislike it.

Well, OP didn't really play that far (from his complaint, looks like he didn't get off the starter island yet)

Which is probably on par with someone getting a diablo 3 character to level 9, whine about only having 4 buttons to use, then quit, without checking that if he'd continue playing there'd be more skills to use.

I did get off the starter island (takes like 20 minutes..) and you start at level 20 with a bunch of skills.
I actually kinda liked the combat. But I can't recommend the game for someone who is bored of WoW for example or looks for a game with a great story.

Questing is pretty boring and the story is all you can expect from some Korean anime game.

I played all classes to level 20 and had the most fun with my slayer who was level 32 when D3 came out. Haven't played with her much since then.
Just so everyone knows.

You can move and use skills in GW2.

Yeah....move and shoot.

I would highly suggest to everyone to go read some of their blog posts and the thought process behind the game. It is a refreshing take on many aspects you see in mmo's.

Also....they don't just double monster health and damage to make it harder, and gear is balanced for the level you get it.
It's a Korean MMO. That's really all you need to know.

If you're looking for a good PVP game, go for Guildwars 2 or Planetside 2.

Guildwars 2 currently has weekend events that you can participate in if you pre-purchase the game. Planetside 2 is going to go beta soon, and you can sign up for it now.

Both games will be free to play without a subscription.

GW2 is b2p, not f2p. You pay for it once and that's it. F2p is what it is, you don't pay anything to play it.

How come so many people confuse these? If you pay for the game, it's not f2p, that's the main difference and is not a hard difference to realize.
Just so everyone knows.

You can move and use skills in GW2.

Yeah....move and shoot.

I would highly suggest to everyone to go read some of their blog posts and the thought process behind the game. It is a refreshing take on many aspects you see in mmo's.

Also....they don't just double monster health and damage to make it harder, and gear is balanced for the level you get it.

To add on top of this: If you want to do 5v5 pvp you can go right into it after the tutorial. You go to max lvl with max lvl gear, all skills, weapons etc. It's not a gear grinder, the only gear grind is for looks. By 80 ALL GEAR and stats will be exactly the same depending on class. If you have a necro and a ranger they'll have the same stats and armor at max lvl for example. Everything is very balanced in 5v5 pvp (can go higher, but5v5 is the sweet spot for arenanet) which makes for fun gameplay.
Deleted by NightsMay
05/31/2012 04:31 AMPosted by Hex
In other words OP can't play real action combat...LOL please child. Go play with your teddy

Do you people even read threads anymore? I WANT real action combat. I'm upset because that's not what I got at all. Read before you post, please.

And for people saying it's because I'm 'bad', I played starcraft 1 for 14 years. Please get off your high horse and stop acting like MMO's take a profound level of skill.

^This. MMO = Grind fest with an occasional showing of skill...

RTS = macro management, extremely fast reaction times to what is happening, SKILL
I watched the trailers. After having played a few Korean MMOs, I realized it was going to be another horrible korean grindfest MMO. It's really just glorified cartoon p0rn, which in all honesty, is all korean MMOs are anyway. Horrible gameplay for the ability to look up your character's skirt and see her undies.
I enjoyed Tera.. then again.. I like Korean games.

Secondly if you think Tera was a grind then LOL.. you clearly havn't played games like Everquest, Aion.. the list can go on.

Truth is.. you are probably a WoW player
you obviously played wow far too long I love tera and considering this is a diablo 3 forum your just seeking attention.
05/31/2012 05:21 AMPosted by exitium
you obviously played wow far too long I love tera and considering this is a diablo 3 forum your just seeking attention.

I haven't played WoW since vanilla. How does pointing out legitimate flaws in the game mechanics = seeking attention to you? I'm legitimately trying to save people money.