BEST IN SLOT GEAR : What is it?

Witch Doctor
You'll still get 2 shot in the end OR do like zero damage and take WAY longer to clear anything.

Oh how wrong you are https://dl.dropbox.com/s/r5ganqhz9p5b2xg/mygear2.png
I am soo glad you posted Internet, I am gearing my WD more similar to how you are geared. Do you have any videos? How well is it working out for you and whats your build? I just dropped all my money in a chest piece thats Heavy Int Vit and AR and the other posters were making me feel like I was a fool for not only going damage gear. Please let me know how well its working out for you.
75k dps splinters build wd here. u priortize the following.

amulet - crit dmg / int
ring - attack speed / int
helm - int andy's
bracers - int lacuni
boots - int boj anglers (make sure attack speed works) - buy zunimassa's journey for future
pants - int hammer jammers + 2 os - buy inna's glory future
gloves - int / attack speed / crit chance
weapon - ceremonial dagger (need the mana regen for dart spam)
offhand mojo - high dmg / int / crit chance - if don't have no mana regen (need mana regen)
chest - int + 3os (more int)
shoulders - 180+ int
It is working great, I don't feel like dying in 1 shot when I farm, and I take a safer alternative.. I use the bear build, I was just watching moon's stream with 75k?~ dps with 13khp and he can't even really touch the underbridge without getting wtfpwned, the ub for me is pie with the survivability + its good enough to do damage to take down elites easily as well. To me, its very time efficient in farming, I can kill iskatu farm in 3.00 seconds as well if I wanted too, which can net about 2.3m in 2 hours (just from a test run)

If I stood in front of a spear chucker, I can take like 3-4 hits before it pops the vessel

My thread is here : http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5235395685
tbh, i like your itemization internet, however i play with a group with monk tanks, so I am expected to dps and dodge and not take hits. I think BiS is determined by your playstyle / skill build / and whether group or solo play. There are arguments to itemize my way and yours.
Agree Skimit, pure glass-cannon can work in groups because you are not going to take hits because you have 3 bodies as well, it can work out great.

I do most of my play solo

Am I wrong? You still did the same stats weight as I listed before

I am wrong on the degree of gear I was meaning (and or farming status)
Also wrong about getting 2 shot, don't you get 4 shot now?

Looking at that gear makes me think about the chest exploit.

Almost any piece of your gear is ridiculous cost in the AH

Am I wrong? You still did the same stats weight as I listed before

I am wrong on the degree of gear I was meaning (and or farming status)

Looking at that gear makes me think about the chest exploit.

Almost any piece of your gear is ridiculous cost in the AH

I always get that response. I snipe like a pro, and most of my gear was around 600k-2m, my first andys was only 375k... I mean, the AH is just hilarious sometimes.

Weapon was 4mil, new andys was 4mil, I think my chest/pants were around 1mil

There is no chest exploit, just game mechanics.
That's good to know. Ran some numbers so you have 38,000 HP? That doesn't seem too good considering mobs can hit for 40k+ BUT!!! you do have an astonishing amount of resist with such high DPS.

Do you still get 2 shot by some mobs or you face tanking? If so which parts?

I guess like the Ranged Minions
I have 50k HP

EHP is 180k without dodge, 210k with
lol at these poor ppl mad at your gear. If they saw my gear they'd !@#$ a brick, spent well over 20m gearing myself to 75k dps, and could still use upgrades on 5 pieces. This gold doesn't even account for the fact i have inna's glory and zunimassa's boots in stash waiting for me once they patch it up.

these haters need to learn to play the game, learn to make gold. I'd write a thread on how, but u'd just dismiss it as common knowledge. Play the game you poor and stupid ppl!
Don't give away trade secrets Skimit!

I am also waiting for journeys fix, RAGE
From what I understood, only new legendaries are going to be patched. Any old legendaries which you have now will stay as it is, only reason why I haven't invested in any set/legendaries yet.
For zombie bear build it would probably be:

Int
Crit Chance
Crit Damage
Gem Slot

Basically attack speed falls off for you as valuable.

kk thanks :)
I personally don't feel there are too many "MUST HAVE" items. I would look into an Uhkapen Serpent with Poison dart damage on it, preferably 8%+ with about 250 damage or so, higher if you can do it. As for Boj Anglers, why would you use them over zunimassa? No reason to. Ontop of that, some random Int and MS boots will probably serve you much better. Lacuni Prowler wrists aren't needed either. When you get set items and those weak legendaries, you sacrifice too much int for silly stats like extra AS. With the proper weapon and AS on rings/gloves/weapon/amulet, you are fine.
lol at these poor ppl mad at your gear. If they saw my gear they'd !@#$ a brick, spent well over 20m gearing myself to 75k dps, and could still use upgrades on 5 pieces. This gold doesn't even account for the fact i have inna's glory and zunimassa's boots in stash waiting for me once they patch it up.

these haters need to learn to play the game, learn to make gold. I'd write a thread on how, but u'd just dismiss it as common knowledge. Play the game you poor and stupid ppl!

Ideally we all want EVERY stat, but you DON'T need them all.

I soloed Inferno A3 with zero Resist and 21k HP. Just kiting and running with Scoundrel Follower.

75k dps splinters build wd here. u priortize the following.

amulet - crit dmg / int
helm - int andy's
bracers - int lacuni
boots - int boj anglers (make sure attack speed works) - buy zunimassa's journey for future
pants - int hammer jammers + 2 os - buy inna's glory future
gloves - int / attack speed / crit chance
weapon - ceremonial dagger (need the mana regen for dart spam)
offhand mojo - high dmg / int / crit chance - if don't have no mana regen (need mana regen)
chest - int + 3os (more int)
shoulders - 180+ int

Best advice, same stat weight as I listed before.

Recap: YES! Resist, HP, and Armor is awesome IF you don't sacrifice damage.
However, as a whole * DPS Stats > Defensive Stats. You have plenty of mobility and survivability just in Passives and Abilities when used correctly.
Mempo of Twilight (helm)
Boj Anglers (feet)
Flavor of Time (helm)
Lacuni Prowlers (wrist)
Lidless Wall (shield)
Hammer Jammers (legs)
Angel Hair Braid (belt)

and pretty much any 1k dps 1-handed weapon with LOH

and for Rings just get some that have 50 All Resist, +Int and +Vit

Holy crap... I should have kept reading in this thread before I bought this !@#$...
Using static stat weights is irresponsible. While it is easier to prioritize one over another no matter what, the priorities change dependent on your current stats.

To use two extremes as example with just int and crit (with 100% damage on crit) as variables:

Case 1
100 weapon damage
2500 int (+2500% weapon damage or 26x weapon damage)
5% crit (+5% overall damage)
= (100*(1+25))*1.05 = 2730 damage

You can increase damage by 10% (3003 damage) by either adding:
3003 = (100*(1+x))*1.05 --> x = 27.6 --> 2760-2500 = 260 int
or
3003 = (100*(1+25))*x --> x = 1.155 --> 15.5 - 5 = 10.5 crit

At this stat level, 5% crit is roughly equivalent to 125 intellect.

Case 2
100 weapon damage
1000 int (+1000% weapon damage or 11x weapon damage)
20% crit (+20% overall damage)
= (100*(1+10))*1.20 = 1320 damage

You can increase damage by 10% (1452 damage) by either adding:
1452 = (100*(1+x))*1.20 --> x = 11.1 --> 1110-1000 = 110 int
or
1452 = (100*(1+10))*x --> x = 1.32 --> 32 - 20 = 12 crit

At this stat level, 5% crit is roughly equivalent to 46 intellect.

With these two cases, you can see that current stat levels dictate the relative weight of each stat, making one favorable over another or vice versa dependent on current stat levels. While this is a simplified example, I hope it helps you understand that static stat weights is not the way to go about it. People often make the same mistake with stacking vitality over armor and resists or resists over vitality and armor with no regard to their current values of health, armor and resists.
@Enderwiggin

Thank you for making this readable for people. I am awful with typing in the equations even though I understand it :P Ill post my WD stats and gear later so people can see that RA with all the other stuff is really good. I have 215 hours played on my WD (ugh this game....) and have been farming for 180 hours of it and RA has saved my life more times against some of the harder packs than I can describe (not getting one shot by mortar feels sooo goooood). Post pics in a bit on my break
I was thinking about writing out a detailed guide about effective health and relative stat weights since it seems to be a popular misconception/misunderstanding, but the lack of anything not authored by Blizz being stickied means the guide would only be helpful as long as people continue to reply to it. It could get lost in 5 minutes or stick around for weeks and if it lasts for 5 minutes, I'd probably wish I hadn't put the work into it.