Percentage of HC players is 4.1% and HC RMAH

Hardcore
From here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5578596168#6

Question: What percentage of players play on Hardcore, and how important is that game mode to the development team when considering changes to the game?

Answer (Wyatt):The data I have on hand is from yesterday, at which time 4.1% of the characters are made in Hardcore. Hardcore is a super exciting way to play so it's very important to us.

We take into account Hardcore for every design decision. I'll take this opportunity to mention I feel particularly bad about a few hotfixes that went in shortly after release that put the lives of some Hardcore characters at risk. You'll have noticed that after the initial handful of hotfix changes to skills in the first week there were many less skill changes - hardcore was part of the reason for the general stop/slow on skill changes. In hindsight, changes such as the Wizard Armor Force Armor hotfix should have been communicated in advance, and philosophically I absolutely want to see future changes that could put a Hardcore character at risk communicated well in advance through patch notes, patch previews, or the hotfix blog that has since been put in place.

On the RMAH for Hardcore:
Would you consider a Hardcore RMAH if it were for gold only? Won't third-party sites prosper if you don't address this?

1.Once the RMAH has gone live and we can monitor it for a bit we'll consider whether we want to add it to Hardcore.