Figured out why Inferno Act1/2 is so boring

General Discussion
Because to be able to beat Act 2 you need Act 3/4 gear, and unless you glitch/ cheese to that area you are forced to farm Act 1, not for gear, but for gold to buy Act 3/4 gear from the people that glitched/ cheesed there. I honestly don't even check any gear I get to see if its an upgrade, just sell it all to vendor. It takes the only thing that Diablo has right now (hoping for that epic roll drop) and throws it out the window.

ZZ
too bad HC didnt get advantage of the glitch--sounds like HC will be an honest grind...good.
no...thats not it, its even more simple than that

DIABLO 3 SUCKS
That is a very oversimplified picture.

I got through Act 2 with 12k DPS and mostly level 59 gear. All stuff you can easily get by farming act 1 gear. It was hard as hell to do, but that's the point of Inferno.
no...thats not it, its even more simple than that

DIABLO 3 SUCKS
Yet you're still here. ;)
im on the forum, not on the game, genius
It's not only that it was cheesed/exploited, it's that wizards and demon hunters are capable of doing act 3/4 content in much much worse gear than a melee. So what you have is those 2 classes farming those acts, making a killing on the AH selling to melee struggling with the act 2 and act 3 walls. It is grossly imbalanced and one of the reasons that people have been turned off from this game.
I am doing fine progressing through act 2 on my barb. I am only using the items that I have farmed myself. Sure it takes a long time and you need to get lucky with drops but guess what, it is supposed to take a long time. Being able to plow through the content is not fun. What is the point of getting better gear if you can just plow through every thing with crap gear. There is no challenge in that.
The difficulty doesn't bother me as much as knowing that I stand no chance of finding an upgrade for my efforts.
06/01/2012 06:40 AMPosted by Kaap
The difficulty doesn't bother me as much as knowing that I stand no chance of finding an upgrade for my efforts.
As a WD who is currently farming Act 3 and 4, I agree, The quality of drops from each inferno act needs to be improved.

But whatever, Blizz will just nerf inferno wow style. It will be a moot point.