Blues, you guys need a back door..

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 21 Next
hehe,if we can't play then Lagging iz ....damn
06/01/2012 06:07 PMPosted by Zarhym
I'd argue though that reacting in a rash manner does not, in most cases, make for great game design.

And "Doubling it!" does?
LOLK
Taking itemization as an example -- people were expressing disappointment with itemization (specifically Legendaries) from day 1 onward. It took about two weeks before we got any sort of official response on those issues.

Obviously, we know now that you guys are looking into improving them sooner or later, and we all know that fixing hundreds of items doesn't happen overnight. However, saying "we're going to fix this" can and probably should happen as soon as possible, instead of staying silent for weeks.

IMO, one area Blizzard could really improve upon is communication with players.

Perhaps they could have done a better method of actually presenting the data, but Bashiok made a comment that item fixes were already being considered on Day 6, FYI.

It was a very subtle statement however.

Keep in mind that the Blue Tracker for the Diablo forums is terribly inconsistent in addition to the fact they didn't sticky it for quite a while - but a full 3-4 days or so before the announcement went up Bashiok had summarized very tersely what was going to be in it.
06/01/2012 06:17 PMPosted by Ravelion
If you know you're slow to react and implement changes, can't you be a little more forthcoming with informing us of what you want to do?

We're always striving to improve our communication. The primary function of the community team is to listen to the players, so we've spent a lot of time these past few weeks compiling feedback and taking it to the developers.

The flip side of that coin is for us to relay information back to the community as best as we can and as often as possible.

06/01/2012 06:17 PMPosted by Ravelion
Does your team simply hate talking with the public for fear of "breaking promises"?

No, but you're asking very specific questions about late-game class balance only a couple of weeks into Diablo III's life cycle. The overwhelming majority of the community isn't even there yet. We're watching things very closely and have a lot of tweaks in mind, many of which are already being worked out, but we're not looking to jump all over balance adjustments and catch players off-guard. And it's certainly not an MMO where balance is among the biggest concerns.

For those who have already invested a lot of time into this game I'm sure these last couple of weeks have felt like a lifetime. But with regard to this game's lifespan, we're barely in our infancy.

All of that said, we're already preparing another game design update to share with everyone soon. We hope that'll provide additional insight into our plans for the foreseeable future.
hopefully the issues with my game lockups are fixed by then... sounds exciting
If you know you're slow to react and implement changes, can't you be a little more forthcoming with informing us of what you want to do?

We're always striving to improve our communication. The primary function of the community team is to listen to the players, so we've spent a lot of time these past few weeks compiling feedback and taking it to the developers.

The flip side of that coin is for us to relay information back to the community as best as we can and as often as possible.

Does your team simply hate talking with the public for fear of "breaking promises"?

No, but you're asking very specific questions about late-game class balance only a couple of weeks into Diablo III's life cycle. The overwhelming majority of the community isn't even there yet. We're watching things very closely and have a lot of tweaks in mind, many of which are already being worked out, but we're not looking to jump all over balance adjustments and catch players off-guard. And it's certainly not an MMO where balance is among the biggest concerns.

For those who have already invested a lot of time into this game I'm sure these last couple of weeks have felt like a lifetime. But with regard to this game's lifespan, we're barely in our infancy.

All of that said, we're already preparing another game design update to share with everyone soon. We hope that'll provide additional insight into our plans for the foreseeable future.

Can you guys keep sharing game statistics with us? That was pretty cool to see. Something like Bungie did with Halo
you sound frustrated and a bit sadly,remember that D3 iz topnotch atm,so stop whining and be man
There's a time and a place for fast-action, high-priority designations. And believe me, we do have those types of approval pipelines. I'd argue though that reacting in a rash manner does not, in most cases, make for great game design.

Game design really is an art form more than a mathematical equation, even with so much math involved. The end goal should be amazing gameplay. And how that's defined will differ from person to person.

Sure, we can be slow to act. Sometimes we can be too slow. But even with the mistakes we've made -- and the mistakes we're sure to make in the future -- I think we're better off taking a measured approach to potential design changes. :)

I would argue that Blizzivision does not, in most cases, know what great game design is. Of course, a worse possibility is that you guys do, but have truly sold out for the almighty dollar.

It works in the short term, but fails in the long. Let's see how many copies Diablo 4 sales...
*a
06/01/2012 06:40 PMPosted by Zarhym

Maybe you can make Bashiok's response to 35 Small Improvements For Diablo 3 the game design update? Just repost it for everyone? But then the QQ about not anything new would probably be unimagineable.
any enchanter here?
06/01/2012 06:46 PMPosted by DamageInc
you sound frustrated and a bit sadly,remember that D3 iz topnotch atm,so stop whining and be man

It's top notch?
What? make less sense please.
And frusterated? Sure you would be too if you farmed Inferno for dozens og countless hours, and 99.9% of the time get sub level 60 gear, with gold pick up radius on it.

Gold/Globe radius is actually pretty nice for at least a few classes FYI for the Globe part of the equation.

And yes, I mean on Inferno - not first pick material or anything - but better than % chance to slow affixes and such for damned sure.

Perfect answer, I realize that while the game is young, I hate seeing when we simply get no response as to whether or not it's being looked at, something as simple as saying "We're looking into things" makes everyone feel better about the situation. Recognizing issues is the biggest step in community health. Sure, I feel that the forums/players MOST definitely should NOT have an inherent part in determining class balance, that's fine with me, but there are glaring issues and simply stating that the teams may be looking into it or tweaking some numbers makes everyone feel a whole lot better.

I want the class I invested over a 100 hours into to be fun. It may take a week for that, it make take two months, but as long as I hear "It's being looked into" I can wait.

I will agree that improving the overall client are much simpler, less demanding changes, and they affect EVERYONE instead of just a class of players, therefore those changes should be of higher priority, improving the overall playability for everyone is the most important aspect.

I appreciate the response and have a good day!
So because I'm in the 1.9% in Inferno, my opinion matters little?
Pathetically bad itemization and drop rate on suitable items in Inferno is a low priority?
Melee going squish in seconds on rares/elites in act2+ is on the back burner in favor of casuals in normal/nightmare/hell?

Conversations don't work when you put words in my mouth and then venomously question -- in a near rhetorical fashion -- how I could say such things.

I don't know if it's just because you're frustrated that you see red whenever you see blue. But you seriously need to relax.

Who does it serve when hundreds of players jump on any blue poster they see, tar and feathers at the ready?
Why not a side-door?