So, I just got this error trying to launch

Mac Technical Support
http://i.imgur.com/cORAy.png

It ran less than 45 minutes ago and the only thing D3 related this computer can even do is browse the AH. It meets minimum requirements and now it can't even launch. Real cool.

Edit: same error after a reboot too, before it's asked.

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro5,5
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.53 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
Boot ROM Version: MBP55.00AC.B03
SMC Version (system): 1.47f2

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
Type: GPU
Bus: PCI
VRAM (Total): 256 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x0863
Revision ID: 0x00b1
ROM Revision: 3427
Displays:
Color LCD:
Resolution: 1280 x 800
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Built-In: Yes

System Version: Mac OS X 10.6.8 (10K549)
Kernel Version: Darwin 10.8.0
Boot Volume: Macintosh HD
Boot Mode: Normal
Secure Virtual Memory: Enabled
64-bit Kernel and Extensions: No
Bump. Starting to feel like the victim of a bait and switch scam.
Sorry, about the delay. I'm off typically on Friday/Saturday so I am not able to get to responses till Sunday.

Can you copy/paste your D3prefs.txt file in ~/Library/Application Support/Blizzard/Diablo III (this is your user library)?
Go to your Library/Application Support folder, in there should be a folder called "Blizzard" then another, "Diablo 3". In that folder, there should be a file called "D3Prefs.txt" open that in text edit, look for the "HardwareClass" line and see if it's set to "0" if it is, set it to 1 and try running the game again. I don't know the default HardwareClass for the 9400 (I'm guessing 2 or 3?) but try 1 for now!

Quickest way to the folder is open a finder window, press cmd+shift+g then type (without quotes) "~/Library/Application Support/Blizzard/Diablo III/"

I hope this helps! :)

Edit: Machkhan beat me to it!
well, that's weird. Changing hardware class did it, don't remember ever changing it to a 0 though.... hmm, oh well. Thanks a ton.
This is something we are investigating. I'm not sure why some users hardware classes changed :( But we're on the case!

And iNeko, you provided the solution for this :) I just dropped some bread crumbs.