Act 1 Inferno - Done! Gear for Act 2?

Barbarian
First off - thanks to everyone who has posted their builds, what they have learned about stat prioritization, and even farming strategies.

This morning I "completed" my initial inferno set (cost me less than 1mill to start).

I can now safely farm most of Act 1 and can even take out the Butcher. (Act 2... eh, that's another story).

Second - regarding gear for Act 2. Is it possible to get better gear in Act 1? If it takes time, that's fine, in the mean time I will make money and upgrade gems.

My current sword is a 1-handed Socketed sword of Death - 600 DPS currently. I want to upgrade my weapon to a higher DPS but not sure anything could even potentially drop in ACT 1 that would be an improvement. So far best I saw was a 2hd polearm with 700 dps.

My gear is ok to get through Act 1 - and so far I can take out normal mobs in act 2 with caution (dust wasps suck) - but getting past any packs of champions has proven impossible.

My current plan is to farm Act 1 for funds to upgrade my gems, but wasn't sure if I could also potentially get better weapons.
you can buy ~750 dps one handers for about 100k gold. that is about 2-3 full clears of act 1 assuming you get nothing sell-able and only pick up gold.
unfortunatley there is a strong chance that the items u get in act 1 will serve as fodder for the auction house until u have enough gold to buy the higher lvl gear.

But from time to time you might find stuff thats great but to slow a process farm gold easier to upgrade than waiting for right item to drop
Just keep farming warden/butcher with full neph stacks, usually its crap drops but here and there you'll get some sick items that should make you some good money.. Any progression is somewhat skills you use and mostly gear checks.
05/31/2012 12:01 PMPosted by Teebs
you can buy ~750 dps one handers for about 100k gold. that is about 2-3 full clears of act 1 assuming you get nothing sell-able and only pick up gold.

if that's true, then farming hell might be better. Hell act 3 = at least 150k gold (which is a very conservative estimate, i think its closer to 250) and is WAAAAAY easier. Of course, the drops are much worse
You can find armor upgrades by running butcher runs, unfortunately the sword is probably the best your going to get. those 1K dps swords are from acts 3 and 4.

While you could probably progress with out one of those swords, the dps boost is just so much better.
600 1h dps is near as good as it gets for act 1 weapons (can get up to 500ish life on hit as well in act 1)

As for pieces, highest +resist all I've seen from act1 was +59 (on my gloves which Im still using) so it is very possible to get necessary gear to survive act 2 in act 1.
05/31/2012 12:04 PMPosted by Obamarauder

if that's true, then farming hell might be better. Hell act 3 = at least 150k gold (which is a very conservative estimate, i think its closer to 250) and is WAAAAAY easier. Of course, the drops are much worse

It really isn't and im not exaggerating at all, made just under 3 mill yesterday from butcher/warden runs with full neph stack(prob around 10 runs and getting extremely great drops).. aswell as looting a legendary ring the day before that has yet to sell due to me putting it for stupid high but itll sell for sure for like 8mill.. There is money to be made, just gotta get lucky. If you can farm act I inferno liek I said in my other post do that over hell.. great ah drops while rare can and will happen, youll make more money overall farmin act I.

Gear progressions in this game is a farming game, just my tip.. farm farm farm try to get a little further in act II.. get stuck.. farm farm farm till you can get further.
Thank you all

Currently I'm at about 6.5K armor, 21K HP, 10K dps and my resists are all about 300-400. My thought is I should probably sacrifice a bit of DPS for the time being and up my resists followed by armor.

But my current build hasn't had a problem in ACT 1 - so I'll keep up the farming with NV
You need to build that health pool more than anything. Im surprised youve made it that far with only 20k heatlh
Try getting the high resist. I'm sick of those monsters banging with me fire, cold, wall, etc...
Zatis, my buddy is at 25k hp, 900 resists, 2k dps and survives well, but only because of how important resists are. He dies instantly in act 2 because he has no hp OR dps lol, I myself am more balanced at 400 resists, 43k hp, 7k dps, but still have more to increase before i continue on to act 2, but still, it is possible to survive with low hp if your resists are that good, at least in act 1, and with most mobs. even in party of 3.
First off - thanks to everyone who has posted their builds, what they have learned about stat prioritization, and even farming strategies.

This morning I "completed" my initial inferno set (cost me less than 1mill to start).

I can now safely farm most of Act 1 and can even take out the Butcher. (Act 2... eh, that's another story).

Second - regarding gear for Act 2. Is it possible to get better gear in Act 1? If it takes time, that's fine, in the mean time I will make money and upgrade gems.

My current sword is a 1-handed Socketed sword of Death - 600 DPS currently. I want to upgrade my weapon to a higher DPS but not sure anything could even potentially drop in ACT 1 that would be an improvement. So far best I saw was a 2hd polearm with 700 dps.

My gear is ok to get through Act 1 - and so far I can take out normal mobs in act 2 with caution (dust wasps suck) - but getting past any packs of champions has proven impossible.

My current plan is to farm Act 1 for funds to upgrade my gems, but wasn't sure if I could also potentially get better weapons.

I farmed act 1 for gear for about 2 days on my monk before I had enough gear/gold to finish act 2. I plan on doing same on my Barbarian. I found that what I did was farm goblins for rare's in act 1, I did some butcher runs too. I made ton of gold selling some stuff and got some really good drops for my monk. I just hit 60 2 days ago on my Barb, and cleared inferno act 1 yesterday, It was much easier then my monk so I am looking forward to farming some gear today for act 2. Good luck man.