Max Potential-Inferno Barbarian (Act3&4 Done)

Barbarian
Prev 1 2 3 4 9 Next
Just another piece of info. Like others has mentioned, with the crazy dps from DH, how are they going to balance pvp? I wonder this myself, because it will effect my decision on how i progress my gear and setup.

Blizzard, whatever you do, please do NOT come up with a concept of requiring us to chase another complete new set of "PVP gear" for that purpose. just because you have no solution to the pve / pvp balancing or you want to extend the play time of D3 in a lame way in asking us to grind for pvp set (the WoW solution to pve / pvp balancing).

Somehow i have a bad feeling about this....because i don't see how they can solve 220k dps vs melee defensive statistics issue (we have no chance at the moment).

I left WoW because of the crap they pull on warrior, warrior pvp is dead. We get kite and killed by junior wizard like there is no tomorrow, and they completely don't care about how much the warrior community has raged over the pvp problems for years.....please don't repeat this fate for us in D3!!!!!!!!

Do you know what his HP and resists are at with 200k+ dps? I think it is fair if he has that much dps with no armor or HP, 1 weapon throw would kill him.

I am not thinking so much about this right now. But having been a WoW warrior we are tired of the sh@t of Blizzard favoring range over melee in pvp. I just hope they do not destory our class again in pvp with a "minor" patch that's all
-Hello i'm using the BIS items and clear interno easy as A BARBARIAN !!
-ORLY ?
-Yes really.
-Are you using D2jsp forum?
-Yes i'am.
-So you are using real money to actually buy the best gear in the game.
-Yes ofc, do you really think im gonna farm over 6 month to get over 100M ?
-hum...
-But remember, the most important thing is my skill and my experience in WoW.

No comment.

How to beat the game buying the top gear with my VISA.

Thanks for the tips.
Well done Zero, however..

Your post has inadvertently been the final nail in the coffin for me, despite the absurdity of your gear your still not able to play the way you want to and your entire build is still forced to revolve around survivability.

From my own personal experience and anyone to my level or further, 2H and DW are just not remotely viable in the later acts of Inferno, despite great gear.. I just did not want to be a tank, I really believed i would be able to play "The way i want to", but the way I want to play seems to be terribly imbalanced.

Lol, if you read my main post carefully this is "exactly" what i am trying to say, because the amount of people who are farming like crazy and "think" that they can both tank and dps like god one day once they have the gears....

Actually my more important agenda is to try to point out to Blizzard even with the best gears they are providing (up to now at least), the community is not happy with the build options we have. I am politely asking them to review our class and hope to gain some attention from them and hope they can buff our class sometime somehow.

Btw, you can check out the 2 hander build mentioned by pharmosh if you insist on a 2 hander build. Good luck!
-ORLY ?
-Yes really.
-Yes i'am.
-hum...

No comment.

Thanks for the tips.

Well, i guess i get your joke and you don't seem too happy about it. Anyway, i am sorry if i made you unhappy, let's just leave it at that :)
I've got gear worth about 15-20 million and was doing pretty well in act 2.

Act 3 is impossible with my current gear. I pretty much died my way to the bridge with Tyrael, and then things ease up a bit, but I still die very easily. Mainly because my block% isn't high enough.

If the prospects are that, once I use up another 20 million, I'll be able to work my way through act 3, and die miserably again in act 4, I'm not interested. The whole point of getting godly gear is to become godly. If some of the best gear will only get you to struggle hopelessly, I'm not going to go through all the trouble just to get disappointed.

Basically, that's been my end-game experience all along, disappointment. When I first got to inferno, I died miserably. So I upgraded all my gear from the AH with about 5 million. Had to camp the AH for a day to get that gear and money. Then I got to act 2, where again pretty much everything killed me easily. So back to the AH I went, threw another 10 million at it, which took me about 3-4 days of camping the AH. And then the whole idiocy started again when I got to act 3 inferno: white mobs could again kill me.

This time I'm not going back to the AH. I've had it with this game and my barbarian. Progressing through the game just by playing the game itself is near impossible. You have to camp the AH, for multiple days, hours upon hours, to both get the gear you need and the gold you need to get even better gear. Buy cheap, sell expensive. And even if I do upgrade my gear, my character is just going to become useless again once I get to act 4. The way the end-game is currently set-up it just disappoints you continuously.

The real Diablo 3 end-game? Farming the Auction House.
I've got gear worth about 15-20 million and was doing pretty well in act 2.

Act 3 is impossible with my current gear. I pretty much died my way to the bridge with Tyrael, and then things ease up a bit, but I still die very easily. Mainly because my block% isn't high enough.

If the prospects are that, once I use up another 20 million, I'll be able to work my way through act 3, and die miserably again in act 4, I'm not interested. The whole point of getting godly gear is to become godly. If some of the best gear will only get you to struggle hopelessly, I'm not going to go through all the trouble just to get disappointed.

Basically, that's been my end-game experience all along, disappointment. When I first got to inferno, I died miserably. So I upgraded all my gear from the AH with about 5 million. Had to camp the AH for a day to get that gear and money. Then I got to act 2, where again pretty much everything killed me easily. So back to the AH I went, threw another 10 million at it, which took me about 3-4 days of camping the AH. And then the whole idiocy started again when I got to act 3 inferno: white mobs could again kill me.

This time I'm not going back to the AH. I've had it with this game and my barbarian. Progressing through the game just by playing the game itself is near impossible. You have to camp the AH, for multiple days, hours upon hours, to both get the gear you need and the gold you need to get even better gear. Buy cheap, sell expensive. And even if I do upgrade my gear, my character is just going to become useless again once I get to act 4. The way the end-game is currently set-up it just disappoints you continuously.

The real Diablo 3 end-game? Farming the Auction House.

Smart kid. What you have gone through is exactly what i and many have gone through. In my main posted i stated a few times "is it worth it" in terms of gold and effort vs return. If it is for you then go for it like i have. Or try other builds and be more creative like others are doing. Or hope someone actually sees the inbalance and lack of options and do something about it. Playing the AH is unavoidable at this moment...

To be more specific, with this final upgrade if you decide to go ahead, you will not die a lot and you will be able to tank both act 3 and 4 (include elite) just that the increase in mob hp means it will take you longer time to kill them that's all. You will find act 4 elite more powerful compare to act 3 but not by a lot, you can still be able to kill them all though. Good luck and i hope this helps you with your decision.
Yes, I spend more time in the AH than actually playing the game. I must like it in some sort of weird way.
06/03/2012 07:47 AMPosted by pharmosh
Yes, I spend more time in the AH than actually playing the game. I must like it in some sort of weird way.

Lol i spend 50% of my time playing the AH, i like it too it is funny...
Yeah the only reason I got as far as I did was because I had some pretty fun times camping the AH. The best days where when people were just getting into hell and inferno and were beginning to get good drops but didn't know a damn thing about pricing them. Some lucky items I got cheap from the AH include a ring with 50 resist, 75 str/vit, a socket and +damage, for 45k. During those days I made about 20-30 million and got most of my gear a lot cheaper then it should have been. I still have about 20 million left right now, so I could do that last gear-upgrade jump, but I'm trying to do it for less than that.

Mainly because I fear I'll not be able to get those millions back as easily as I used to. It's been getting a lot harder to make gold lately on the AH, I find. A lot of people are camping the resist/str/vit armor market pretty closely now and it has become really difficult to get the cheap deals. The best opportunities are now in gear that is only relatively cheap, like gear that people put on the AH for 100-200k too cheap. It takes longer to get a million now. There used to be a lot more 'freebies', with crazy people putting up +70 resist, +str/vit gear up for like 100k.

If I get a few good buys on the AH I might upgrade my barb to get him through act 3 and 4. But now that the AH has been getting slower and less profitable, I just don't like camping it all day anymore.
Hey Zero, thanks for the heads-up!

I think i'll just sit around till they fix it. I'm only at the start of act two and getting !@#$ed like a mother%^-*er, so no point in wasting the time and money which i don't have anyway :P

Oh and by the way, how come you haven't mentioned anything about Whimsyshire?
Yeah the only reason I got as far as I did was because I had some pretty fun times camping the AH. The best days where when people were just getting into hell and inferno and were beginning to get good drops but didn't know a damn thing about pricing them. Some lucky items I got cheap from the AH include a ring with 50 resist, 75 str/vit, a socket and +damage, for 45k. During those days I made about 20-30 million and got most of my gear a lot cheaper then it should have been. I still have about 20 million left right now, so I could do that last gear-upgrade jump, but I'm trying to do it for less than that.

Mainly because I fear I'll not be able to get those millions back as easily as I used to. It's been getting a lot harder to make gold lately on the AH, I find. A lot of people are camping the resist/str/vit armor market pretty closely now and it has become really difficult to get the cheap deals. The best opportunities are now in gear that is only relatively cheap, like gear that people put on the AH for 100-200k too cheap. It takes longer to get a million now. There used to be a lot more 'freebies', with crazy people putting up +70 resist, +str/vit gear up for like 100k.

If I get a few good buys on the AH I might upgrade my barb to get him through act 3 and 4. But now that the AH has been getting slower and less profitable, I just don't like camping it all day anymore.

Lol, come on you know the devil will call on you and you will spend that money to get through act 3 & act 4. You are too close to give up, come back to tell me i am right. We are all like you, others can say all they want, you just gotta prove it yourself and spend that gold. Lol, have fun and choose wisely. I am done and taking a break from the AH.

OK, another advice for you. You know they are going to change legendary weapon statistics, we do not know when. But i have prioritize upgrading my armor items and refuse to upgrade my sword until that patch comes out...so that's my 2 cents yo.
Hey Zero, thanks for the heads-up!

I think i'll just sit around till they fix it. I'm only at the start of act two and getting !@#$ed like a mother%^-*er, so no point in wasting the time and money which i don't have anyway :P

Oh and by the way, how come you haven't mentioned anything about Whimsyshire?

Hi, but you will never know if they will "fix" anything at all. Anyway having gold in your pocket is always wise though. I am more concern about the item patch but last i heard it is not coming for a long time so i don't know i may be not up-to-date on that.

Whimsyshire, some friends opened the portal and i played there for a bit. I did not bother getting the items myself that was not my focus. As far as i can tell the loot there is not all that but it was fun though, those crazy flowers and horses.

Thanks for finding the info i posted helpful. :)
Back to answering the question. Why not 2-hander and no block? Because i don't want to die like a silly bit@h over and over again. What's the point in "you can kill me fast and i can kill one of you too if i am lucky". What's the point in running around waiting for 2 min CDs and with bad luck you die just when you active the buff (many of us have this experience and we all go WTF back to waiting for another 2 mins then).

I agree with this. I personally like 2h Hammer or 2h Axe just because I think the looks is quite cool. But when I die over and over again, there is nothing cool about that. So I change into 1h weapon and a shield.

My point is that I can't play the way i like it, instead I have to adapt so that I could have a chance to keep standing and fight those &@%^* elite pack. And like you said, this make the game less fun.
06/03/2012 08:31 AMPosted by Davez
Back to answering the question. Why not 2-hander and no block? Because i don't want to die like a silly bit@h over and over again. What's the point in "you can kill me fast and i can kill one of you too if i am lucky". What's the point in running around waiting for 2 min CDs and with bad luck you die just when you active the buff (many of us have this experience and we all go WTF back to waiting for another 2 mins then).

I agree with this. I personally like 2h Hammer or 2h Axe just because I think the looks is quite cool. But when I die over and over again, there is nothing cool about that. So I change into 1h weapon and a shield.

My point is that I can't play the way i like it, instead I have to adapt so that I could have a chance to keep standing and fight those &@%^* elite pack. And like you said, this make the game less fun.

Like you i was really upset at first, but when you stack enough attack speed and get back to 30,000 dps and be able to not die and tank everything, you feel quite powerful again with the fast attack animation. Then again, 2 hander is always cool though.
Sounds like block makes a big difference in Act 3 and Act 4. I was able to do dual wield in Act 2 just fine, but it definitely does not work in Act 3.
Pharmosh speaks the truth. He is a god among DPS barbs.

OMG! What a small world!
this is cool! you just light up my hope! 版主是什么地方的人?
Is there a specific reason as to why you are using Vile Ward over a rare shoulder with more Str, Vit, and Res?
-ORLY ?
-Yes really.
-Yes i'am.
-hum...

No comment.

Thanks for the tips.

Well, i guess i get your joke and you don't seem too happy about it. Anyway, i am sorry if i made you unhappy, let's just leave it at that :)

I hope you didn't buy gold with real cash, because that is exactly what promotes people getting hacked and getting their stuff stolen.