Diablo 3 Freezes Computer (Only Recently)

Technical Support
Prev 1 7 8 9 11 Next
I totally feel u man, evidence playing fine, well not that fine before 1.0.3, game do freeze fpr 10-15 second once a while, but at least I don't get a freaking BSOD, even of I have continuously play for more than 10 hours. The crashing, blacked screen happened after patch 1.0.3a is damn frustrating, not only I have to hard reboot my com everytime and receive a BSOD after log back on windows, D3 has been a disaster to my computer's hardware. And no matter how much we whine, blizzard don't give a sh!t. So much for a top end gaming company.
Bump looks like more and more ppl ate experiencing this
Player from Europe here.

The error ocurs on eu servers aswell. In the exact same way explained here.
Freeze -> buzzing background sounds -> forced to use the reset button on the pc.

I could imagine all that hardresetting will damage the hardware after some time.
Just tested with brother's laptop, runs perfectly fine on his lap top, no BSOD or whatsoever. Since mine only started after patch 1.0.3a, expecting something to do with the patch. None of my configuration is altered pre patch. The new patch maybe causing the problem
For certain user.
Similar problem for me ... 100+ hours of gameplay, but after the most recent patch I can't play for more than 2 mins before my PC is completely locked up requiring a hard reboot. I have refrag my drive, uninstall D3 and updated video drivers and everytime the game locksup.
I am having a similar issue, but I am at least starting to get it to crash to desktop rather than needing to hard reboot. I have put in 25-30 hours without crashing, but the recent patch causes the game to crash as early as the login screen and as late as 30 minutes in. On average, I can play maybe 10 minutes. Very frustrating, especially since I like to do hardcore.

Win 7 64 bit
Intel Quad Core
GTX 550 TI
12 GB RAM
Just lost a 60 barb in inferno a2 to this freeze, computer unresponsive to all commands, force reboot necessary

win7 64 ultimate
2500k 3.3ghz
8g mem
gtx 560 ti
Having same problems.

bump it up.

no blue response since tuesday
up first page...

come on blizzard... 1.03a really messed up
Bump - Gigabyte, Sniper G3, ATI Radeon 5850 Crossfire, 16GB GSkill Sniper

Started happening once per gaming session - now tonight I cannot stay in game for more than 5 minutes.

Seems the keyboard system crashes. I cannot unplug / replug the keyboard and get it working. Interestingly, Teamspeak and the PC keeps working, just a black screen from Diablo3 and no way to unlock it. Even tried another keyboard thinking the old G15 was giving up the ghost - no help.

Downloading latest GPU drivers from AMD now, but seems I have seem some Nvidia systems crashing too in this thread.

Edit: For me, disabling Crossfire (create new CAP - application profile - and mark Crossfire disabled) seems to have resolved the issue. For the longest time I was playing in Window mode and switching to full screen might have brought up the issue. I would like it to not crash. I would like it to be intense enough to need Crossfire, or at least balance the load over the GPUs. But disabling with a CAP is easy enough.
I have this problem now too. Played 1 day after last patch and now constant crash ...
I'm having this problem too... Diablo 3 has been rock solid for me since launch, and then in the last week or so, increasingly it's hard-locking my machine, with a repeating sound. (Buzzing, clipping, etc).

Windows 7 Ultimate - 64 bit
Core i7 920 - 2.67 GHz
12 GB - Mushkin PC3-12800
Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 - OC Edition
Corsair P128 SSD
Having the same problem here.

Played since launch without this ever happening, and 3 times in the last 24h, the game froze along with entire computer needing a hard reset.

I'm scared for my hardcore barb =/
Been playing game fine since release never a crash until this same thing just started happening to me.

I was never able to play SC2 on this computer for more than 30 minutes at a time due to artifacts on screen causing a full freeze and sound loops.

Was afraid something would be wrong with D3 on computer too but I have been playing for month and a half now with zero problems until just recently. Feels like somebody cut/paste some dev code from SC2 over to D3...
Underclock your video cards, the system is becoming unstable trying to handle the game.
I am having the same problem. I use a NVIDIA GEFORCE GT 220.

I don't really want to mess with my video card, over- or under- clocking it.

I am anxiously waiting for a fix by Blizzard, since we didn't use to have any problems before the latest patch.
Underclocking can't harm your video card. Just try it, it's completely reversable. Download MSi Afterburner, move a slider.
I`m trying MSI, but its crashing my computer even before Diablo3. I may be under clocking a bit too much by mistake. Any tips on what values to put?

as a side note, I`m really pissed at Blizzard for f*cking this one up. I was playing fine till 1.03a
sorry for my english

my game just froze for the first time (played for 60 hours without issue)
music was playing in the background
so i opened task manager and closed Diablo 3 without rebooting computer

is this a server issue?