Where to farm? Act 1 Inferno or Act 3/4 Hell?

Demon Hunter
Hello,

I can't seem to go on Act 2. I die a lot and my damage isn't that high yet (42k with max SS, 16k without). Haha. It's just too exhausting. What I'm planning to do is to farm farm farm until I get the necessary items to survive Act 2 onwards. As for now, where should I farm?

Act 1 Inferno or Act 3/4 Hell? And from what quests should I start?

Thanks!
max item level you can get in act 1 inferno is 61.

hell is 60.

unless u get ridiculous good RNG with itemization, inferno gear will always be better/worth your time.

unless you're farming gold, however.
act1 quest 9 from just past leoric's manor, kill packs (for 5stack)/warden/butcher.
Stacking gold find and farming NM or pots somewhere probably also works but will be much more tedious.
Your top priority is to get a good weapon, something with high DPS - stats aren't important on it.

Something pretty crucial is to have a separate set of gear with MF that you swap to before the killing blow on each pack (if solo.)

hell is 60.

unless u get ridiculous good RNG with itemization, inferno gear will always be better/worth your time.

unless you're farming gold, however.

I have farmed Act 1 inferno repeatedly (from Imprisoned Angel quest to Butcher) for days now but I haven't gotten any useful/sellable item yet. :|
but when you do, it'll be better than anything you'll find in Hell
Ok this is what you do based on your equipment. You should be able to farm Act 1 Inferno, start quest 9 it will take you to the Jail where the Warden spawns in the middle. By the time you get to him you should easily have 5 packs of valor. Clear the Jail house and unleash the 6 souls in captivity and He will spawn in the middle. He is a pretty easy kill, and he will drop 2 to 3 and sometimes 4 rares each time. Good luck.

Would it really take weeks/months before I get the items I want? Haha I'm getting bored of repeating Act 1.9 over and over again :))
If you want a lengthy farm route in act 1...

Go to cemetery of forsaken and clear crypts to build 5 stack and usually get a treasure goblin.
Go to fields of misery, forlorn farm spawns a purple mob and a gold chest.
Port to leorics manor, run backwards into the courtyard, guaranteed champ spawn
Clear halls of agony through warden and butcher.

Plenty of rares, few hundred thousand. If you salvage the blues you get you get inferno essences, which people in the crafting forum will buy for about 1k each. About another hundred thousand there. All said you'll make good gold, maybe catch an upgrade or two and some AH fodder. You'll be able to upgrade through the AH in no time.

Like I said, longer farm route though. Going just warden butcher is fine too.
If you want a lengthy farm route in act 1...

Go to cemetery of forsaken and clear crypts to build 5 stack and usually get a treasure goblin.
Go to fields of misery, forlorn farm spawns a purple mob and a gold chest.
Port to leorics manor, run backwards into the courtyard, guaranteed champ spawn
Clear halls of agony through warden and butcher.

Plenty of rares, few hundred thousand. If you salvage the blues you get you get inferno essences, which people in the crafting forum will buy for about 1k each. About another hundred thousand there. All said you'll make good gold, maybe catch an upgrade or two and some AH fodder. You'll be able to upgrade through the AH in no time.

Like I said, longer farm route though. Going just warden butcher is fine too.

I think I will try this. Thanks!
This route is really good.. act 3/4 in hell is mainly just good for gold farming as the items you get here are never as good as inferno and like someone else said can't get inferno essence through salvaging
06/06/2012 05:00 AMPosted by NightEyes

This is complete bull!@#$, i've found many lvl63 items in act1 inferno.
how the hell did you find a post from JUNE 6th LOL
07/16/2012 01:06 AMPosted by Bujashaka

This is complete bull!@#$, i've found many lvl63 items in act1 inferno.

Lol, you dig it all the away from last month
07/16/2012 01:14 AMPosted by mukunda
the misinformation had to be corrected! ... or just pointed out

It wasn't incorrect when it was posted.

@Bujashaka: necroing an old post just to point out that you "know" it is wrong (when it was actually right when posted) is pretty freakin' stupid.
Goblin farming in Act 2 (Road to Alcarnus/Ancient Path) works good for me :D