Inferno Act 2 is owning me...

Barbarian
I keep dying in the first open field when any group of enemies come near. Getting expensive.
Can anyone check out my stats in this screen and give me an idea on what I need to improve on to survive this act?

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/8389/barbspecs.jpg
"hmm, nice block chance, high str, what's the probleOH GOD THAT VIT STAT"

20k health isn't acceptable in act 1 tbh, it's not hard to find str/vit gear from act 1. act 2 is about upping the gear threshold to include a moderate amount of allres on each piece.
Health.... shoot for a bare minimum of 35k
"hmm, nice block chance, high str, what's the probleOH GOD THAT VIT STAT"

20k health isn't acceptable in act 1 tbh, it's not hard to find str/vit gear from act 1. act 2 is about upping the gear threshold to include a moderate amount of allres on each piece.

Thanks, what do you think my vitality should be at? I have all res on most items already, and trying to stack Vit and Str on all as well.

Anyone have any godly barb gear for sale that would help me?

Also what are the quintesssential (sp?) items for tank barb?
06/06/2012 12:34 PMPosted by Oldgregg
Health.... shoot for a bare minimum of 35k

ok cool, guess i got some upgrading to do...
30k is basically the line, 35k is safe and 40k should get you through the act - however much vit you need to hit those benchmarks.

quintessential items:

- justice lantern
- string of ears
- stormshield
- helm of command

all of those are multiple millions of gold, you shouldn't really expect to have many of them until you're looking to push into the end of act 3.
30k is basically the line, 35k is safe and 40k should get you through the act - however much vit you need to hit those benchmarks.

quintessential items:

- justice lantern
- string of ears
- stormshield
- helm of command

all of those are multiple millions of gold, you shouldn't really expect to have many of them until you're looking to push into the end of act 3.

Awesome thanks. I got about 5 mil to spend...
with 5 mil, u can buy 1 of those items, maybe 2 with some luck.
Yes..the worse is when they tell you to go kite barb and throw axes.

I might as well roll a DH and start over then.
The problem with act 2 and parts of act 3 is the high amount of creatures that are ranged and run away. Barb as a class is just not good at dealing with them.
Yes i know u can build a weapon throw type build to deal t=with them... but really its a !@#$ build for most fights... unless like all the vids floating around u have all ilvl 62 -63 gear and smash crap anyways.

The upside to act 2 is u can simply run past 90% of the creatures and the boss fights are all easy.

I suggest running through act 2 as a barb ignoring most elite packs and ranged creatures... act 3 is much better for barb and u have a better chance of good gear dropping.
Though in light of reading patch 1.0.3 it doesnt even matter. Just get really good at farming act 1 and when patch comes through equip gf/mf gear and loot all the top level items that way then smash through act 2 ftw.

if you have;

45k hp
800 resist all (with war cry)
6 - 9k dps
* just use cleave and whirlwind as main attacks to clean up groups of 30+
* revenge and ground stomp with extended range work nicely
* berserk with 100% dps ftw

u don't ever die in act 1 and u just blow threw it. I get about 600k gold each clear. And with next patch ill get ilvl 62 - 63 drops as well.

I can get through act 1 quite easy, but I can't get any decent drops. All the magic and rare items are only merchant worthy.
You are saying something to the effect of the next patch having better drops. Are you talking about in general, or only in the later acts. Also are you talking about the patch that happenned today or they are doing another one soon?

Thanks so much ;)
I think a major misconception a lot of people get told is they need XYZ for Health, Resist, Armour.

We can simplify it with just EHP. Effective Hit Points.

http://rubensayshi.github.com/d3-ehp-calculator/#intro

I used this, and around 500,000 I didn't have enough, but once I got upwards of 700,000 I was able to do it. It's all about getting enough EHP to withstand a few hits. Everything after that is about getting heals, or doing damage IMO.
I just died a few times trying to get one checkpoint. cost me about 10-12k on repairs already. At this rate it makes no sense to even play the game. I have to play the AH game where i buy low and sell high just to make some money to upgrade gear...

Frustrating that Blizzard would make the repair costs so high. It's completely handcuffed me...
I just died a few times trying to get one checkpoint. cost me about 10-12k on repairs already. At this rate it makes no sense to even play the game. I have to play the AH game where i buy low and sell high just to make some money to upgrade gear...

Frustrating that Blizzard would make the repair costs so high. It's completely handcuffed me...

did you know repair costs are actually getting much higher in 1.03? :/

is this an act 2 checkpoint? you're seriously punishing yourself trying to do act 2 with that health pool, I can't imagine it working no matter what other stats you have.