Real-Money AH Battle.net® Terms of Use Update

General Discussion
Prev 1 18 19 20 26 Next
06/08/2012 06:01 PMPosted by Oakstick
Give us authenticators for free if you want to make money off us then!

Please, if you do not own a smart phone in this day and age, stop playing video games....get a job....and get one. I see kids walking down the street who can't be more then 12 that have Droids / Iphones. Cell phone companies GIVE you a free smart phone when signing up with them. How do you not have one.
I don't have a smart phone. Not because I can't afford one but because I DO NOT want one. When I walked in to get my upgrade I told the salesman I want the Jed Clampit of phones [I'm only 24 by the way], he tried to sell me an Iphone. I don't need fancy apps or screens running and weakening my battery life. I was just as happy with my old Nokia brick that had a battery that lasted for more than a WEEK of solid usage before going for broke.
RMAH is a pipe dream. I want to see the people who are willing to waste money on this when they know the market is just going to be at bottom level.

It's a buyers wet dream and a sellers nightmare, no point in even making the purchase.
Yeah, those kids aren't buying smartphones, they are conning their parents into buying them to make them happy.

It doesn't matter that you can find smartphones for free, some people just don't feel the need to have a device that does all that stuff. Maybe they would rather play games and watch youtube at home, and use their phone to make phone calls. And a lot of people don't want to pay for the ridiculous data plans.
Funny how people paying $60-$100 for a game that practically requires an internet connecton...$25-$50 a month are complaining about a $6 one time investment.

Seriously,if you dont have a smartphone and you cant spare $6, you shouldnt be using the RMAH. Why? Coz children shouldnt get involved in real money matters.

Sicerely, A third world country citizen.
Funny how people paying $60-$100 for a game that practically requires an internet connecton...$25-$50 a month are complaining about a $6 one time investment.

Seriously,if you dont have a smartphone and you cant spare $6, you shouldnt be using the RMAH. Why? Coz children shouldnt get involved in real money matters.

It's not about the $6 it's about the principal.

1) I shouldn't have to pay an additional $6 to use a feature Blizzard is going to use to make money off of me

2) I shouldn't have to pay $6 for a feature that is just going to make logging in more of a hassle.
Good change.

Any chance you can remove the ridiculous requirement to have a mobile phone with data plan support for cashing out with the RMAH? My physical authenticator is safer than a mobile phone app anyways - why should I be forced to spend an extra $100 a month just to use the RMAH properly?
Well get it for free on your phone LOL

1) I shouldn't have to pay an additional $6 to use a feature Blizzard is going to use to make money off of me

2) I shouldn't have to pay $6 for a feature that is just going to make logging in more of a hassle.

I hate calling people names, but you're an idiot, blizzard is trying to protect your account.

Actually they are protecting thier !@# too.

Its almost impossible to get hacked with an authenticator.

If you still get hacked, you're having sex with the wrong person.

The counter argument here is that YOUR principal is flawed. Not saying it is or not as you have to decide if it is worth it to you. What others are saying to take away from this is not just the fact that you will pay $6 for an authenticator, but with it, you will then have the ability to make back the cost of the authenticator even with the Blizz/Paypal cut. This happens everyday in life. For the most part, this is transparent to the consumer, but everyone gets a cut of your profit before you can touch it. That goes the same for what you buy in a store. You have been taxed and marked up with store bought products. Look at franchises. This is the reality many choose to ignore or are simply ignorant about. This is like being a drug dealer. Minus the jail time.

As far as the 'hassle' of logging in, I am willing to bet that if you ask those who have been hacked in any case, the time spent reporting and waiting for a roll back far far outweighs the time spent touching a button and typing in a code.
like it matters

i have the physical authenticator and logged on to my account yesterday with no gold or items...
like it matters

i have the physical authenticator and logged on to my account yesterday with no gold or items...

No offense, but your previous posts sound childish and arrogant. You may be telling the truth, but something sounds and looks fishy to me. Very Very troll-like.
i will use RMAH,but to a point of being OBLIGATED to use SMS AND an authenticator now that's just BS,oh and talking about the SMS why is it only 1 cellhpone number per account......i have ONE(1) cellphone and 2 accounts(both accounts r mine ofc) but can only use my number with 1 account...Fix this please,as for authenticator i understand it's free via cellphone.......when you gonna add blackberry bold 9780 to your list???cause to be honest im not gonna pay 6.50 for the authenticator + 10$ shipping.....sooo yeah please add blackberry bold 9780 to the list.
thank you
Mobile authenticator is not supported on the latest Blackberry bold! (9900) :*(
Well it is free only on android and Ios phones so Bada owners are screwed ... gj blizzard
06/08/2012 10:19 AMPosted by tetra

They ARE free genius.
06/08/2012 07:28 PMPosted by Glok

They ARE free genius.

They are NOT free Einstein
Jesus christ some of you people have far too much time on your hands to be so fired up over a virtual marketplace selling fake gold and axes and sh*t. You'd think some of your people had your life savings invested in the RMAH...

Why is there still an argument? You can get the authenticator FREE by downloading a simple emulator - they are widely available from very reliable developers. NOBODY HAS TO PAY ANYTHING. Is that so hard to understand? Clearly some of you just need something to be angry about...

Let's not forget it's a gaaaaamee folks! I don't think I was as upset as some of you guys even though my copy of D3 didn't work for 2 full weeks while I waited for them to patch it. I can't imagine what you crazy bastards would have done hahah