Inferno difficulty is -perfectly- tuned

Barbarian
05/31/2012 04:34 AMPosted by Eyeless
Requiring Act3-4 Inferno gear to beat act 2 is imbalanced.

To be fair..this.
you can get gear from act 2 that will allow you to beat act 2. you need to get a lot of drops to roll the right affixes and in high amounts, but it is possible. this would take weeks, if not months to do. the other option is to get gear from the higher acts that has decent affixes with modest numbers (for their ilvl) for cheap.

if blizzard did not allow wiz/dh to get through act 4 so quickly by hotfixing faster we would all be farming act 2/3 gear for the same stats that people are getting on cheap act 3/4 gear, and the prices on this gear would be extremely high, as it would be in short supply. It is possible to play solo, but it takes a hell of a lot longer. if you want to stay on par with the people who used so called 'cheap' mechanics/kiting to get through inferno then you buy the gear. if you want to complain about it, you are more than welcome to take a month and go farm godly act 2 affix rolls like we would have been doing had the hotfix been resolved before launch.

Enough already, let's keep the forums constructive.
-Teebs

or I can complain about it while taking a break from fruitlessly farming act 2 for the gold I need to buy some act 3 gear. very few people are quitting the game over this state of affairs and I'm not one of them, but that doesn't make the few people on high horses proclaiming their vast superiority over the rest of the masses because they eat, sleep and breathe DH-supplied auction house any less laughable.
This amount of whining is suffocating, I'm done here.
05/31/2012 05:33 AMPosted by Mikey

This punk is just full of himself isnt he....shessh.

okay then, gratz on being indistinguishable from the rest of b.net forums. ignoring arguments like a champion...nay, like a genius.
Say whatever you want about OP on a high horse, I don't see it personally, but I won't argue you over perception of tone.

what i don't like to see are claims from people that act 2 is impossible without act 4 gear if you play a barb. that is simply not true.
05/31/2012 05:36 AMPosted by Teebs
what i don't like to see are claims from people that act 2 is impossible without act 4 gear if you play a barb. that is simply not true.

It's called hyperbole.

What I really think is going on is that only Demon Hunters are viable in the current state of balance. So what's the point in playing any other class?

My attempt at actually exchanging experiences got lost in all the qq... Oh well.
05/31/2012 05:38 AMPosted by JPonry

It's called hyperbole.

What I really think is going on is that only Demon Hunters are viable in the current state of balance. So what's the point in playing any other class?

Reroll's are this way -> http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/3354997/ Feel free to go.
@Torgairon, before you deleted you post you had mentioned that act 2 is not that bad, and act 3 was where the true grind begins. a week ago it was act 1, a few days ago it was act 2, now it is act 3. there will always be players ahead of the curve, but the speed at which we progress as a whole has been sped up by the people getting through act 4 faster than intended.

You can clear all of inferno with a solo barb (no AH) given enough time. the way that affixes and rolls work allow for this if given enough drops. this cannot be argued against. if you don't believe me go look up the stat ranges on gear from each act and compare near perfect gear rolls from one act to the benchmark stats for people progressing through the next. they can be met.
05/31/2012 03:51 AMPosted by Mikey
What happened to the "any build is viable" as what blizzard advertised?

"Any build is viable" philosophy does not mesh with difficult content. If you could walk in and kill everything with any random build, then the content is not difficult. Inferno is designed to be extremely difficult; thusly, only a select handful of builds will be viable when our gear is crap level.

This is the major problem with Inferno: gear and build diversity is totally gimped.

Also you have absolutely no evidence backing up your claim, you're just making a random blanket statement.

If you can walk in and kill everything with ANY build at all (eg: yours), Inferno is not difficult. It should therefore cater to more playstyles than the one that you personally enjoy. I do just fine in inferno stacking resist all, equipping a shield and using defensive passives, war cry and revenge too. Problem is, I f*cking hating it. Not fun for me, not my preferred playstyle.

Blizzard already acknowledges this anyway, and has committed to fixing it. This thread is pointless.
@Torgairon, before you deleted you post you had mentioned that act 2 is not that bad, and act 3 was where the true grind begins. a week ago it was act 1, a few days ago it was act 2, now it is act 3. there will always be players ahead of the curve, but the speed at which we progress as a whole has been sped up by the people getting through act 4 faster than intended.

You can clear all of inferno with a solo barb (no AH) given enough time. the way that affixes and rolls work allow for this if given enough drops. this cannot be argued against. if you don't believe me go look up the stat ranges on gear from each act and compare near perfect gear rolls from one act to the benchmark stats for people progressing through the next. they can be met.

U know, wht u said about camping farm the rare to roll "Perfect stat" inorder for it to be viable to the later Act's drop, is a very poorly design system, it is not fun, not realistic and certainly consume alots of time.

To be able to roll perfect stat. U need godly luk or throw away ur whole life and sit on ur comp, JUST SO u can get it on with act 2...........Then there is ACT 3......wow need i say more? Act 4?

It's called hyperbole.

Reroll's are this way -> http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/3354997/ Feel free to go.

I will once I can login =/

For hardcore though, i'm sticking with barbarian, for obvious reasons.

For soft-core, well its all about gold/hour, so DH all the way.

That doesn't solve the problem with the horrible state of class imbalance that is currently in the game, though.
05/31/2012 04:53 AMPosted by DemonKing666
U can clear act 2, hell it not tht hard. Skip elite+rare and jump right to Bosses and kite

So many people have no idea what the word "clear" means.

It does not mean cherry picking the easiest elite packs, death walking your way past the hard parts, killing the bosses which is the easiest part of the Acts and then claiming you didn't have any problems.
The major problem with the barbarian is that it's so gear dependent compared to the other classes. But it is possible to "clear" Act 4 with a barbarian, and you don't need "Act 6" gear to do it. And while I have some nice legendaries, all but 2 of my pieces are from Act 3 or below!

I hope this video will dispel the notion that the barbarian is a hopelessly underpowered class:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKySUl3gJ1I

In the video response I have my full inferno Act 4 farming video. I can kill over 90% of elite packs in act 4 and also solo diablo.

My advice is to be patient. Gear will become more abundant and therefore cheaper, and soon you too can do this sort of thing :D
05/31/2012 04:36 AMPosted by Ishamæl
Requiring Act3-4 Inferno gear to beat act 2 is imbalanced.

Ive CRAFTED some really good all resist gear in ACT 1. Nobody seems to talk about that.
I don't see anything wrong with what the op had to say. Hes correct as far as I'm concerned. You guys can hate gear checks all you want but they aren't going anywhere soon. Just meet the stats required to stay alive and deal with the horrible dps if your gear isn't quite up to stuff.

At the least we don't have to rely on broken mechanics to get by. If you guys think demon hunters are actually having fun being so dependent on smoke screen then you are sorely mistaken. No one wants to feel forced to play the game the way it currently is now.

And the needing act 3 and 4 gear to do act 2 nonsense needs to end. There are only 3 tiers of gear in inferno. Act one drops the 1st and rarely drops the second while a2 drops the second tier pretty regularly, though you wont see the 3rd tier very often if at all. Acts 3 and 4 are pretty much where you get the last tier of gear. Most people aren't even close whatsoever to having a full set of act 3 and 4 gear, even the ones who exploited and got fed gear, since most of those exploits would only net you gear from act 2.

Lastly you do not need all resist on every single piece of gear to make it though act 2 at all. I actually found higher damage made a2 a breeze compared to building up my defensive stats when I first tried to make it though. Act 3 is a whole different story though.