Observations so far..

Aus/NZ General Discussion
Ok, no latency talk... yes I have it, but I'm hoping tonight's maint will Improve it...

Drops: I've a lvl 60 Monk primarily.

I've found no legendary's or items that I've used for more than 1 night in a drop.. too few?

I've just gone through the Terminus lvl's on Hell and the best weap. I found was a 250 dam. crossbow, which I can't use. I understand Leg. and high stats have to be rare... but, how bout just one... I don't know the Leg drop algorithm but I'm pretty sure it hates me..

Getting owned by Blue/Gold:
I was getting spanked in the late Nightmare/early Hell levels.
You just don't pick up enough high DPS, high resist, whatever... do get you through without getting smashed by mobs(latency is a factor, sorry I said I wouldn't mention it)

I didn't buy much at the AH cause I wasn't getting the gold drops and didn't really want to spend hours just doing gold runs..

At some point you have to drop large at the AH, to progress.

Ah, I know this may be premature, but when do we see new lvl's... If your on Inferno, that means you've done each Act, what, 4 times already, plus any farming...it's been a little over a month since release, what's everyones opinion on new content?

Please, not a flame fest on everybody's, ability, motives, patience...
The only advice i can give about the item problem, if like me u dun feel like using AH, is to play multiple chars at once. the 250 dps crossbow can be used on ur DH, and i bet you'll find a 250 dps sword on ur DH that ur monk can use, and vice versa. The more chars u have, the less this phenomenon will hit you. I am playing all 5 chars at once, with 2 cycles (one in hell act 1, 1 in normal act 2 atm) yes it takes time and patience, but i know ill be playing all 10 slots anyways in the end, and there is no rush to inferno particularly when the lag (ops i mentioned it as well, sorry) and difficulty in inferno has not been rightly fixed. Theres also tat rumor the blues had about giving the bosses past nightmare the first kill rare drop, so killing them now is not exactly smart (unless the system will not recognize the kills u already did when the system does come online.....)

I dont see myself needing AH until late inferno.... but time will tell. And yes it means i already played thru act 1 15 times. :)
Yeh good point on multiply char, I'll have to lvl up my DH... only 27
Well it has to be biased away from your character, to give you a little nudge towards the AH.
06/12/2012 03:03 AMPosted by RufusSpudnut
If your on Inferno, that means you've done each Act, what, 4 times already, plus any farming

That is a self caused problem.
Though I have also done the same, I wouldn't mind new content already. Considering I have a level 60 monk in act 2 inferno, and my level 54 wizard will be there within the week aswell, I am starting to know the acts like the back of my hand.

I want to take a break so it feels more fresh. But I dont want to take a break because I love diablo. Haha.
Yeh i knew that kind of sentiment will be there, whether or not we wanna conspire against blizzard for this. So i figure out this way of countering it when i was in beta. IF you have all chars, and u pick up something useful, it will bound to be useful to you. No more monk getting bows and DH getting fist weapon and go "ARGH!!!!!!" Sure im still only in hell act 1 coz of it, but i dont see the point of rushing to inferno just 1 month into game release.......... for me D3 is going to be the game i play for a decade.

Ok maybe a year.
Anyone remember Baldur's Gate, now I may be wrong but I remember spending AGES playing that game, and I played more hours per day when that came out, now it's just at night after work... and not every night..
if you hate farming...equip minimum 150 % GF and your set till hell, you dont need AH items in normal OR nightmare...once you reach hell (or i have) ive saved up about 3 million, that is with 150% GF and NO farming (just selling ingame items)..!
Gidday Rufus, I'm 60, just shuffling along in game, ummm, whats it mean,

You have to drop large at the AH to progress?

And DH?

Got my first Legendary drop tonight, a bow from Monk Lvl 20

How can u play 5 characters at once? I'm confused?
I meant, you find so few high damage items for your character in game that you have to spend lots at the Auction House (AH), buy your gear, instead of find it...

DH... Demon Hunter.
I don't hate farming, you just gotta be in the mood for it.. you know..

Right tonight, I'm jst looking for max gold and a leg'.

Other nights I want to get into the storyline...

I know this is starting to look like newb idjit thread... whatever... ;)
I meant, you find so few high damage items for your character in game that you have to spend lots at the Auction House (AH), buy your gear, instead of find it...

DH... Demon Hunter.

diablo is all about the AH...what you see selling there are people who get it from either hell or inferno mode...therefore for those playing in normal or nightmare buy of the people who are on higher levels

And DH?

Nice, at least you got one... congrats

And DH?

Hahahahaha, laughed my *** off. How on earth did you manage to bait somebody into falling for this troll?

Awesome.
I've somehow aquired 4 different legendary items, 2 items I got in 1 sitting... LOL!..
I'm in Inferno up to Act 2 with my Barbarian, but I'm having alot of trouble trying to get through even the first part of it. So I've just started leveling a Demon Hunter which is lvl48 at the moment, once she is 60, I'll be able to use one of the Legendary items I've picked up.. which is a pretty pimp Quiver..
One of the Legendary shields I picked up sold for about 350k which was good..
But yeah farming the hell out of Act 1 Inferno at the moment, had some decent stuff drop that I might sell on the AH soon, but other than that, really enjoying the farming for gold and items.. It's actually quite exciting having about 15 rares sitting there after one run and slowly revealing each one, hoping for it to be the 'one' that can get you really rich or pimped out real quick! lol..

And DH?

Hahahahaha, laughed my *** off. How on earth did you manage to bait somebody into falling for this troll?

Awesome.

Takes all kinds...
06/12/2012 03:03 AMPosted by RufusSpudnut
At some point you have to drop large at the AH, to progress.

Flat out untrue and I'm calling BS on it. As a monk in act 3 inferno no less. You don't NEED to go to the AH and if you do it doesn't have to run up a tally into the tens of millions or more. I don't want to go all elitist here, or sound like I've got my rose tinted glasses on because I'm aware there's plenty of flaws in this game, but the truth of the matter is plenty of people have made it work legitimately and so can you.

If you're dead set against using the AH then more power to you, get your grind on and have fun. Otherwise, farm for gear, use what you can and sell what you can't. I truely do not understand the argument that loot shouldn't be this hard to find. What's the difference between doing 20-30 inferno butcher runs, selling the drops you find and buying ones that suit your purposes and doing 20-30 runs with an almost certainty that the gear you need is going to drop?

And the argument that you need to spend ungodly amounts of gold on the AH on gear from later content to see any sort of progress doesn't hold water either. Granted there's an absolute ton of items on the AH that are horribly overpriced but you don't have to buy them. The economy is very young and there's a lot of clueless individuals out there putting wild prices on things with no idea what they're worth. You just have to know what you want and check back on a regular basis.

I've managed to gear my monk for a3 progression using not a single piece over 500k and every piece is a1-2 loot with perhaps the exception of the weapon which is possibly an ilevel 63 drop I can't remember. And not all the pieces are AH bought either.

It's really not all doom and gloom as everyone makes out. Its very much possible and all that aside what's the hurry to clear the game? What are you going to do them? Go farm loot upgrades? Wasn't that the complaint to begin with?
I have found 9 legendary items and I have 0 MF gear on....

1 was very decent level 60 hellrack that I sold to a friend for a nice little sum of gold :) AND I found said hellrack in a "tool rack" in act 1 inferno...

My only advice is looooooooot everything and everywhere leave no stone unturned cause I never really checked tool racks as they are always white or grey items....well so I though :P