pure dps worth it?

Demon Hunter
is going pure dps worth it??

like forget about vit and resistances??? go fully crit, speed, dex, etc
Kill it before it kills you. Period.
Unless you have access to BIS gear, that's the only way to go. Only way to increase survivability atm is SS, Vaul, Tactical Advantage, Movespeed, Chance to Stund, Chance to Chill, Chance to Fear.
how do i know whats is BIS gear?
This isn't wow. BiS wishlists seem stupid to anyone that doesn't play 80 hrs/week. With all the randomized gear stats, its more a priority system for your playstyle and adapting to what your gear allows for. JMHO
06/03/2012 08:55 AMPosted by Isaru
This isn't wow. BiS wishlists seem stupid to anyone that doesn't play 80 hrs/week. With all the randomized gear stats, its more a priority system for your playstyle and adapting to what your gear allows for. JMHO

thats what i tough
yes oure dmg is worth it.
in fact it's the only way past inferno act 1 imo.
i made the mistake of not wanting to be ohkoed.
yeah, so i still get ohkoed but my damage sucks.
now i'm desperately trying to get my damage back up but it takes like forever.

and don't specificly gear for dex, pure damage and attack speed increase are the way to go.
additional dex is just a bonus.
Saying that you don't need resist is just lame, I have 500+ all resist, 25k dps, 30k health and I solo act 1 act 2 like cake. Killing every elite of course. My gears are not even considered that good. If you can't even take a hit from monster, that's GG for you. Corpse have 0 dps.
Get vit and all resist in slots where there aren't many DPS stats. E.g. leg armor only has dex as a possible DPS stat unless it's a legendary, so you might look for dex / vit / all resist.

Unless you are poor right now and can't afford the higher priced items I don't see why you wouldn't... especially with the way itemization budget works in this game (similar to WoW).

After the inferno spiky damage nerf it'll probably be even better to have some resists.

For the equipment slots that have multiple DPS stats (like rings, amulets, gloves) I'm still focusing on DPS stats though.
I went pure glass cannon because I have a Wizard in Inferno with 400 Res all, 32k hp and I still get 1 shot through my Force Armor in Act III and Act IV, so I knew no matter what happened I was going to get 1 shot as my DH because I dont even have FA or anything similar. I'm now farming Act III Inferno with 90k dps (with SS) and about 21k hp and it's kill or be killed.

It definitely makes you a better player knowing you have to dodge every single hit and projectile coming your way. So long story short, you are going to die in one shot no matter what,(unless you just build crazy stupid tank style and do no damage) so you may as well max your damage out.
06/03/2012 04:57 PMPosted by Israfelle
Saying that you don't need resist is just lame, I have 500+ all resist, 25k dps, 30k health and I solo act 1 act 2 like cake. Killing every elite of course. My gears are not even considered that good. If you can't even take a hit from monster, that's GG for you. Corpse have 0 dps.

Once you get to act 3 and act 4 unless you have 50k health your going to get one shotted so you might as well get good at being a glass cannon early. I did exactly what you did and had to re gear to do more damage to do solo beliel and act 3. Now i have 30k health 130 resist and 45k dps before ss.. dps is the only way to go

Sorry but 25k dps is !@#$... act 1 and 2 are easy... now in act 3/4 with 25k u will get 1 shoted no matter what

I have tried this...In Act IV I had a set that gave me about 700 all resists and like 55k HP, still one shotted except with all those defensive stats my damage was so low that I couldnt kill stuff so they just eventually always hit me. In Act 1 and 2 you can generally get enough Resists/Vit and keep enough damage to get through but Act 3 and 4 are a very different story.
Yes, 25k dps is clearly not enough to confortably killing all elites through act 3, not to say act 4. but still I dont think resist is useless. I didn't say I have good dps yea? I have already solo till the end of act 3 skipping fast/jailer/etc, so i know trash range mob won't one shot me in act 3, that's something. I don't need to progress further until I have better gear isn't it. Why rush it if I can farm act 1/ act 2 efficiently for a few million loot drops. Does your DPS really suffer that much for a single resist property?
Speaking from my experience, a tanky dps DH build is viable in a2 inferno but considerably more difficult thereafter. I soloed belial for the quest with approximately 50k dps and hp and 200 all res. With the same gear i was hit for 60~70k by the casters and soul rippers in a3. It is certainly more cost effective when buying gear to go glassy. In order to continue the tanky dps build into a3 and a4, it seems to me that you would need vit and all res as well as life% and/or +armor on every piece. Accompanied with dps mods, you'd likely spend multiple millions of gold on every piece.
06/03/2012 07:44 PMPosted by infinite0
In order to continue the tanky dps build into a3 and a4, it seems to me that you would need vit and all res as well as life% and/or +armor on every piece. Accompanied with dps mods, you'd likely spend multiple millions of gold on every piece.

Yeah, anything with all resist instantly costs a ton more from what I've seen.
Yea go pure dps, but dont get crit chance(unless you can spend 20mil+ on gear), just use sharpshooter for crit.