WoW MVPs should NOT be MVPs on D3 Forums

General Discussion
Prev 1 9 10 11 17 Next

The WoW fanbase puts you guys to shame, honestly.

That right there is scary...but true. Some posts here are from folks paid to stir up trouble, or those who want to just troll troll troll, but the sense of entitlement and foot stomping is...disturbing. There are many more who quietly post constructive feedback but it gets lost in the clamor.
All the poor color blind people reading the forum have no idea why everyone is getting all upset.

:(
Another point worth bringing up in this thread:

As community managers, we can see your posting accounts when you report a post. If you think reporting every single MVP post will successfully get them banned, you're wrong. We're not going to blindly issue a suspension just because you reported a post. What we will do, however, is check to see if you're just reporting every MVP post you see and then issue you a suspension for that.
06/11/2012 08:11 PMPosted by Joker
and you telling them they are braking it and pointing it out dos nothing but increase that anger.

I mean this respectfully when I say it: but that's not my problem. My problem doesn't involve someone getting mad just because I write "Please don't post titles in all caps."

but what you need to understand is when people brake the rules a lot of time it is out of anger (I have don it my self, have also don it in an attempt at humor)

As a human, I don't think it's cool or funny when anyone talks out of anger. It does no one good. What instead I want to read, and what I'd do something about is constructive discussion. That way, I understand what's going on with them. I can look at what their issue is and ask myself "How can I help this dude?"

Saying "Blizzard sucks" doesn't help me do that for you, and it doesn't help Blizzard create a better game for you.

You have told us already (I think it was you at least. at 8 pages its hard to keep posts strait) that you have a direct line to the CMs, so why not use that and create a thread to talk about problems the community feels needs to be addressed and constructive ways to fix it.

You know what Zarhym does right? He collects the feedback of people on this forum, WoW, SC2 and other places and delivers it to the people who can do something about it. Sometimes (rarely) do we find a thread they may have missed or overlooked. But generally, when we go to them about something they already know.

You guys are all smart people. I think that as a whole the community has the potential to change things they feel need to be changed. But it sort of has to be delivered in the right fashion.

As community managers, we can see your posting accounts when you report a post. If you think reporting every single MVP post will successfully get them banned, you're wrong. We're not going to blindly issue a suspension just because you reported a post. What we will do, however, is check to see if you're just reporting every MVP post you see and then issue you a suspension for that.

Did you see him lay down the law? He is the law-GIVAAAAAAAAH!

Hopefully this persuades snacks and his brethren to hush and stop being so insane. The amount of hate around these forums is mind boggling.
I would rather the game be fixed then worry about who and who isn't a MVP.

Seriously fix the game

As I said in another post that I cannot find, Zarhym, false reporting can lead to account repercussions for trying to induce punishment on false grounds.
My problem with the MVP coming from another game (doesnt matter which) is that some players will see the green thinking they are MVP for D3 and they really dont know anything about it.

They should have different colors for MVP of each game or something.