There was a hotfix

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 20 Next
06/12/2012 02:25 AMPosted by sithren

A blue posted claiming there were no hotfixes tonight.
This is contradictory to the undeniable fact that a hotfix has been proven to have happened (that you must now Click to join General).

Blues can be wrong. Not sure I understand everyone's point here.

Is this the point?

- There where reports of gold duping.
- People flipped out over these reports due to imminent release of RMAH
- Blizzard hotfixed game to remove gold duping
- And, just decided to slip in a hotfix for general chat to cover their tracks?

Is this what people are trying to say? The hysteria on this forum is getting out of hand.

The hysteria? You mean a blue straight up lying to people doesn't make you wonder what else they are lying about? I haven't seen any evidence of duping so far so I will not say for certain it happened but the fact that Bashiok denied several times clearly that there was a hotfix when it has just been proven that there was doesn't exactly fill me with confidence. It makes me more likely to believe those that claim there has been duping going on (especially when you look at how out of whack the auction house is at the moment).
Kripparrian is da bomb

http://www.twitch.tv/nl_kripp
06/12/2012 02:31 AMPosted by Mosin
maybe the developer were just covering his up !@# and didn't let the CMs know. I mean, I wouldn't want someone to know I made a program that depended on a clientside's clock and had to quick fix it.

Internal conflict = their crap

Lying to masses = our crap

Either way, communication on both sides = crap
06/12/2012 02:25 AMPosted by sithren

A blue posted claiming there were no hotfixes tonight.
This is contradictory to the undeniable fact that a hotfix has been proven to have happened (that you must now Click to join General).

Blues can be wrong. Not sure I understand everyone's point here.

Is this the point?

- There where reports of gold duping.
- People flipped out over these reports due to imminent release of RMAH
- Blizzard hotfixed game to remove gold duping
- And, just decided to slip in a hotfix for general chat to cover their tracks?

Is this what people are trying to say? The hysteria on this forum is getting out of hand.

You almost nailed it, but missed 2 vital things.

Blizzard said there is No Dupe, and they also Said there have been no Hotfixes.

Yet we have proof of a Hotfix, so what does that mean in regards to the Duping?
Proof
http://i.imgur.com/u2Iy5.jpg
So pointing out a blatant lie by the people we've invested out money in is causing a problem? Blizzard is causing the problems. People don't like being lied to and no problem or glitch or dupe is worse than the coverup that follows. We as customers have to hold them accountable to ensure we get the best product possible and not a half finished, unpolished game (Diablo 3).
Edit:@Eminoxic
06/12/2012 02:34 AMPosted by CHAOS
So pointing out a blatant lie by the people we've invested out money in is causing a problem? Blizzard is causing the problems. People don't like being lied to and no problem or glitch or dupe is worse than the coverup that follows. We as customers have to hold them accountable to ensure we get the best product possible and not a half finished, unpolished game (Diablo 3)

QFT!!
Bash caught lying again..

Yeah, I mean could be something funny is going on, we'll continue looking into it. This lag=hotfix and live duping on a stream is just clearly not credible, and people are trying to claim it is. We're fully interested in tracking down any issues, as always, though.

06/12/2012 02:35 AMPosted by Kaire
So pointing out a blatant lie by the people we've invested out money in is causing a problem? Blizzard is causing the problems. People don't like being lied to and no problem or glitch or dupe is worse than the coverup that follows. We as customers have to hold them accountable to ensure we get the best product possible and not a half finished, unpolished game (Diablo 3)

QFT!!

Man, it's a sad day when I had to Urban Dictionary "QFT"......

Anyway.

QUOTED FOR THE TRUTH! ;-)
06/12/2012 02:00 AMPosted by TommyGun21
Blizzard implemented the hotfix and rolled their system clocks back, that's how they got it past.

:D
follow the clues and you might not like what you find D3 community

just remember, sometimes you just shouldn't find out whats really going on behind the scenes.

#aware

#hotfix