Invulnerable

General Discussion
*This is simply a message to the manufaturer and I am not looking for the affirmation or support of tweeny bopper fan boys that don't have a concept of customer satisfaction or have never held a job for that matter. Keep your underdeveloped-adult commentary to yourselves and know that not all of us swallow whatever is fed to us.

Surely I am not the only person exasperated with the affix "Invulnerable". Not only are it's minions ALWAYS in the way and programmed to crowd the rare champ.. but the rare champ will actually try and STAY INSIDE the protection of INVULNERABLE minions.

Not only is this NOT FUN. But it's near impossble to kill with the right combination of affixes to follow. For example: Not sure what this is called but there is a Doom dot skull and cross bones icon that will appear above your head for whatever reason. This affix alone is deadly but when combined with INVULNERABLE it just becomes silly and sticks out as a BLATANT design flaw. I spent 10 minutes kiting a pack of fast, invulnerable skeles and was able to get the Rare down to like 20%. Then this dot of doom kicks in and I die leaving them to fully regen before I could return.

There is no logical explanation for how any monster in this game obtains the level of immunities given to these mobs with the INVULNERABLE affix. If I am not mistaken the game is supposed to be FUN and require strategy at times. There is no fun or strat that can prepare a player for that level of sillyness.

Since you aren't banning the gold spammers and botters that are ruining the playing experience AGAIN for diablo veterans (a fleeting thought of d2 is all we require here) then please consider balancing something as frequent as the KIND OF AFFIXES we encounter...

I would take 10 champion packs All with Vortex, Desecrator, Teleportation and Mortar over just the invulnerability affix by itself in Inferno.

I would also like to know how a monster can be scripted to be impervious to all damage, spam and botting.. but your server as a whole is not? How is this logical? Tell me, "Blizzard", how we are to believe that you design this whole world and script a path for every little chicken, but cannot control the traffic or monitor user behaviors?? Greed.

Just goes to show us all that you have little or no appreciation for the fans that are responsible for your success. Pathetic.
Bump.
Original post
Go cry elsewhere, nobody cares.
It would be best to significantly lower the damage output of invulnerable creatures. If this isn't done, yes, the imbalance is too stupid.
you play wow and you don't know what an enrage timer is?
Blizzard thinks they got the invulnerable-affix as well...i hope time will tell different.
They're aware. For all the effort you spent on this post, you could've just looked up the blue post in which they address this.
06/12/2012 12:06 PMPosted by Drogomir
Not sure what this is called but there is a Doom dot skull and cross bones icon that will appear above your head for whatever reason.

that's the rage timer going off all elites have that.
OP's enrage timer has gone off
Elites with Invulnerbale minions will have their health reduced to make killing them easier.
06/12/2012 01:43 PMPosted by JimmyRussell
you play wow and you don't know what an enrage timer is?

The current tier raid Dragon Soul is nerfed by 25% at the moment. I think people forgot they existed.

To OP, yea the invulnerable minions are very difficult but don't come crying in the forums. Just take them to a far corner and just die. Just park em there.
Have you tried NOT sucking?
There is no logical explanation for how any monster in this game obtains the level of immunities given to these mobs with the INVULNERABLE affix. If I am not mistaken the game is supposed to be FUN and require strategy at times. There is no fun or strat that can prepare a player for that level of sillyness.

Since you aren't banning the gold spammers and botters that are ruining the playing experience AGAIN for diablo veterans (a fleeting thought of d2 is all we require here) then please consider balancing something as frequent as the KIND OF AFFIXES we encounter...

I would take 10 champion packs All with Vortex, Desecrator, Teleportation and Mortar over just the invulnerability affix by itself in Inferno.

Regarding bannings:
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4552181352

As for Invulnerable minions, it really depends on what you are doing, how geared you are, and how many you play with. As a barbarian, I can still handle invul minions on Inferno Act 1 with relative ease. They may be invul but I can still hit them for the purposes of healing. I believe they are also susceptible to some of my stuns or knockbacks. I imagine ranged will have a harder time if the minions are standing in front of the leader and soaking all your attacks.

In the past when I wasn't able to solo it due to poor gear, I had another friend with me. I gained threat on the 3 minions and kited them elsewhere. Meanwhile my friend finished off the leader. Wasn't all too challenging. Just a little innovation.
This was from the reddit AMAA that the devs had. It plans that they're making a few tweaks to some of the affixes in the future patch.

Question: What do you guys think about the current monster affixes and are you going to add more interesting powers or nerf the ones that are plain boring to fight against (Ex. Shielded minions)?

Answer: (Andrew): We think there are some very complicated and challenging affix combinations in there. In some ways this can be a good thing as you can get a feel for how youre progressing as a player, and with your items. Suddenly that insane affix that you had trouble with awhile go is melting like butter in your dpsy hands!!! Thats a good thing, but sometimes they can just be WAY too challenging. Shielding and Invul minions are two of these.

We are making some changes to these in 103. The shielding will cast less often to start with, and for the invul minions, the health of the monster you can actually damage is being lowered.