The script writer of followers

General Discussion
Must be a different one from the script writer of the villains, especially Azmodan and Diablo.

Followers, they all have unique personalities(some say Templar is annoying, but I think that's just how the character is designed, I'm not a big fan of religious fanatics either), quirks, and interesting character developments throughout the game, and we get plenty of clues that more will follow in further expansions.
And I absolutely love the banters and chit chats followers have with the player characters and with each other! Some of them are absolutely hilarious, some rather touching.
Now, that is the kind of professional writing work I expect and admire.

As for the villains, I don't know who did the character designing and script writing of those guys, but as an amateur writer, I think I can do a better job than that person. Besides the looks, I see practically no difference between Diablo 3 villains and the Disney villains.
Hell, even Scar from Lion King had more cunning than Belial, the Lord of Lies.
I agree, the followers ere so much better written than, well, 85% of the lore in this game. I liked the Maiden of Lust though. Of course someone like that would be following you spouting gibberish. Like any other sin, there's no rational thought involved.

Hell, even Scar from Lion King had more cunning than Belial.

Of course he did, Scar had an unfair advantage. He was Claudius with fur and teeth!
Always thought that the scripts written were absolutely amateur. Now that you mention it, the followers do have better dialogue than the heroes or villains in the game.
I agree, the followers ere so much better written than, well, 85% of the lore in this game. I liked the Maiden of Lust though. Of course someone like that would be following you spouting gibberish. Like any other sin, there's no rational thought involved.

Of course he did, Scar had an unfair advantage. He was Claudius with fur and teeth!

Seriously, some lines from Azmodan and Diablo are painfully cliche that I actually cringe.
In Act 3, Adria says that Azmodan's cunning is beyond imagining.
Oh lawd.
"we thought that we would pretty frequently have diablo or azmodan pop up on the screen and say something like 'i'm gonna get you, you wascally nephalem' ...it was pretty frequent and pretty darn annoying AND THEN WE DOUBLED IT"

-Blizzard
Followers need to attack goblins more often and train my follower into large mobs more often. YES GrEAat idea.
The only well written one is the Scoundrel. Both Templar and Enchantress are godawful.

Yeah, I want something like that. A villain who's just damn vile and viscous. Diablo villains, they are rated E for everyone.