Trading exploit

General Discussion
06/12/2012 07:03 PMPosted by Vigilence
May I ask what the item in question was?

Seven Sins, not much
bump
bump
bump
bump
guys, you know right that you can just HIGHLIGHT the price and then click BACKSPACE, then the number goes puff?? its not a script its called basic keyboard proficency. Lol why do you want to find hacks when the fault was obviously yours for not being cautious ??
There he is, potolino, the scammer.

But actually yes, all he does is using backspace. The mistake was done when the trading machanism of Diablo 3 was implemented like this, unsecure.

Sadly potolino scammed me with the same method just hours ago.

Cheers.

Hope you enjoy my Andariels Visage.
Don't use in-game trade: it was coded poorly.

If you have items/money in your trade window and click accept, and the other person changes their items/money slowly, the accept will uncheck.

The problem is: people can use macro's or fast fingers/keyboard skills to quickly change the items/money and the trade will go through before the system registers that a change was made. So it fails to uncheck accept for you despite a change being made. Even if they click accept first, there's a window of opportunity for them to make a quick change after you hit accept.

There is no way around this. It was simply coded poorly. In-game trade is now a scammers paradise.
What Vhlad said. No wonder potolino was asking if his G110 Macro keyboard would be a reason to ban him. He had to check if its ok to use macros for scamming.

It seems to be!
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5795159954

This was what I was talking about. Well ofc, equip swapping is another useful function.

But maybe just to spoof for what he was planning to do.
guys you are really, really far away from the truth of such "scamming", it could be done with pressing simple keyboard buttons (not macros) and simply use the mechanics of the game, no bugs no exploits, you just need TIMING and intuition, or just try to make someone do something that lets you play the trick ;) , the fact is that many people doesnt just accept to be "outsmarted" and rage about hacks and !@#$, when they just got outwitted in a fair game. There are many, many simple ways to trade securely without any risk. As TOS says, blizzard gave you the instruments, use that. I have never been scammed and never will. And i dont scam, i'm in fact a victim of a big conspiracy...

and , btw, i asked for keyboard buttons because it would have been neat to swap equips or register skill combos like i did on RIFT, but it seems its not allowed so i will not.
I like being creative but in the game limits, and without breaking rules. without using third party programs, its just a different approach to the game.
Don't use in-game trade: it was coded poorly.

If you have items/money in your trade window and click accept, and the other person changes their items/money slowly, the accept will uncheck.

The problem is: people can use macro's or fast fingers/keyboard skills to quickly change the items/money and the trade will go through before the system registers that a change was made. So it fails to uncheck accept for you despite a change being made. Even if they click accept first, there's a window of opportunity for them to make a quick change after you hit accept.

There is no way around this. It was simply coded poorly. In-game trade is now a scammers paradise.

im not sure i understood what you mean in this post, but THIS sounds like an exploit, exploiting poor code is a sad thing to do, using the system, working as INTENDED BY PROGRAMMERS (when 2 people accept, they will trade what is on the table, for example), but in a creative way, its a whole different thing imho.