Occupy RMAH

General Discussion
1 2 3 26 Next
This is not some i hate blizzard tirade, i'm here to voice my legitimate concerns with the newly implemented real money auction house.

Here is a list of complaints concerning the RMAH

1. Over-inflation of prices.
2. Minimum price is too high
3. No regulation on Blizzards part to keep Inflation to a minimum.
4. 200$+ items
5. RMAH caters to those willing to farm items all day to sell to buy items on the RMAH
6. RMAH as it is now caters to the lucky, and the rich.
7. Death of the gold AH, by most of the good items being taken to the RMAH
8. Legitimate medium for gold/items farmers to sell and monopolize the RMAH.

Feel free to add to the list (keep them civil please) i would like this to get some blue posts, or some sort of blizzard attention. I'm generally concerned for the well being of one of my favorite series.

Edit: To clarify I'm not petitioning to have it taken out, just better regulated.
Edit: Anything that the posters on this forum/thread deem as another legitimate concern ill be sure to update this list

Signed a concerned player.
I second this.
06/12/2012 08:41 PMPosted by GeorgePatton
thats all we need....fat neck beards occupying a video game. At least we wont be able to smell or see them I guess.

I'm just trying to keep the game i like from dying or taking the wrong direction. Thanks for your feedback (in the most sarcastic sense)
While I think the game has bigger problems than the RMAH, I will admit I laughed with I saw the thread title.

Occupy RMAH, lol
While I think the game has bigger problems than the RMAH, I will admit I laughed with I saw the thread title.

Occupy RMAH, lol

Good! lol the Occupy RMAH was meant as a joke/attention grabber.
Nothing I sell can compete with most things on the AH, minimum prices should be raised so I can actually make some money (since blizzard is @@%%!# me for a dollar and four cents on every 1.25 item I post).
06/12/2012 08:52 PMPosted by Joker
"regulation" is code for "dont let ppl sell items i want for more than i want to pay for them"

Honestly the selling of items is fine! I could care less, but 200$+ is ridiculous, and that most of the good items on the AH are being taken to the RMAH (because who would sell a virtual item for a virtual currency if you can actually make $.)

Also the exclusivity of the upper echelon of items is rather disheartening to your average player.
Then don't use it.
By implementing RMAH, every good item will be shifted there and you will not see any good items on the IGG AH.

This is pretty sad but i guess thats the only way blizzard can earn some money through the game by receiving 'commission' from the transaction.
06/12/2012 08:56 PMPosted by Joker

Honestly the selling of items is fine! I could care less, but 200$+ is ridiculous, and that most of the good items on the AH are being taken to the RMAH (because who would sell a virtual item for a virtual currency if you can actually make $.)

if it was ridiculous, people would not be buying them

all youre asking for is to force ppl to sell items for less than what others are willing to pay because you cant afford to pay what they can

its not altruistic

its pure selfishness and greed

I'm sorry that i think selling a virtual item for 4x the retail price of the game.
I'd prefer if you didn't try smoke screening by blaming me of what you your self are guilty of.
Blizzard should give people the option to sell items for .50cents (because thats what they are worth) and let people sell items for 50-100$(if thats not enough for a virtual item then you might be a bit greedy.)

Don't try to accuse me of greed when i'm not attempting to sell virtual items for 200+ and complaining when blizzard takes a cut.
In theory, it is still virtual money, just a different... currency. Farm some decent gear to sell in RMAH to get your NEW virtual currency.
06/12/2012 08:58 PMPosted by Bunze
Then don't use it.

Thats fine, i can go without using it, but there will no longer be good items on the gold AH because like i've stated prior (who would sell an item on the gold ah for 10mil when they can make real $ off of it)