Hardcore PVP, Insane or Brilliant?

Hardcore
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 Next
love this idea. i only bought the game because i found out they made hardcore, i was slightly disapointed when i learned their was no pking or dueling yet. thats all i really did in diablo 2 and thats what i was hoping to do in diablo 3
Okay, lets visualize how this will play out.

All lvl 60 hardcore players get hyped, go into HC arena, And lose. (except a few)
They just lost their character AND equips and now have to make a NEW character to lvl 60.
AND try to buy back their equips from the previous fight. (if possible)

Endgame Hxc players realize the hassle in this. So instead of using their lvl 60, they start using lvl 20's and 30's (easier obtainable lvls) to do HC Arena. They use the gold they got from farming on their lvl 60 to buy lvl 20 lvl 30 equips for their low lvl pvp'er.

End Results?

No one is Pvping with their lvl 60's
HC Pvp will be bland and boring because of the lower lvl skills being used. and weapons.
All lvl 60 battles will be staged, and there will be no real risk.
Everyone will use SC arena, and HC arena will be nothing more than a waste of coding space.

Its obvious what you guys want, and yet you dont even know it. instead of this whole elaborate plan that OP has made. (which btw i doubt he/she will ever participate in)[b] why not just make a simple wager system?[/b]

it gives the thrill you nerds are seeking. While also being realistic in what pvping is about.

Tl;DR
Wager system / not pink slip system
Only idiots gamble when their life(lvl 60 hc toon) is on the line
(believe it or not, there are very few idiots in the world)
Hc Arena will be reduced to just lvl 20's and 30's

Ideas always sound good. So lets start visualizing them before we start approving them.

strongly disagree, people who liked to duel or pk on hc diablo 2 didnt try and hit 99 before they started dueling. ive never had a 99 dueler. ive made anywhere from 9 - 92
D2 already had the "reward" - the player's ear that showed their level and name.
brilliant, it is insane, but brilliant all the same
Perma-death and mandatory loot corpse type feature. This is the way to go. Some D2 duels we'd turn on loot corpse (though sore losers might bail right after death)
permanent death will probably not happen with diablo 3 pvp; I played in Diablo 2 Hardcore USeast and pvp was already rare even with loot corpse and easy leveling back the character in a few hour; D3 you lose everything on death AND leveling takes a lot longer than in D2
I would join this. Hardcore PvP over PvE any day.
Not the whole gear set, but maybe one or two pieces will fall off them & 10k gold or something.

Would Give HC another boost of fun & promote many more HC chars to be made.

I would be lvling alt chars regularly if PVP HC was possible, with the appropriate risks & rewards.
http://www.reddit.com/r/d3hardcore/comments/wyxnw/do_we_know_anything_about_pvp_in_hc_same_as_sc/c5k562o

My thoughts.
Rawitch, why are you dragging up all these old tired pvp/pk threads & flooding the board with them? Trying to build a rep? Hehehe, yep you a real bad hombre. Got the HC streets shakin'.

You need a hobby.
Just wait till someone "drop hack" or "lag hack" you... it's going to happen... it's diablo... they can't stop the hacker, botter, duper, scrip, ect...

lvl 99 HC diablo2 die from drop hack...
pvp will suck, no way to balance these dumb skills
they're never going to reward you for pvp
if by some chance they have any system like that you'll be bent over by someone exploiting lag or just flat out lose to someone who spent 6 months of paycheck on virtual items that will be outdated the moment the beta for an expansion is announced
06/14/2012 11:41 PMPosted by Baze
I can't wait for 2014 when PvP will finally be introduced to D3.

optimist
I've had this idea too, sort of a mix of boxing and ancient rome and those many movies where rich people sit around to watch people kill each other. I think it's a great idea, and would stimulate the hc community even more.

I don't know about item drops(losing items from the world is what keeps the economy going in hc) but the gold that that character collected(either get rid of shared banking or the person will just hand off their gold to a friend or another account) dropping would be nice, especially if we have it live streaming to a bunch of softcore/hardcore players that can bet real money on the fights like the rm ah.

Imagine it, the clans getting their best fighters and rising in the ranks(a pvp ladder would be awesome, but there still isn't a regular/hc ladder so I'm not holding my breath for any of this), and each win the participants(yes, even the loser gets a lil, for the loss of gear/gold) having like their friend there for advice/to watch since 4 ppl are alloed in(again, like boxing) with each kill counting towards like some sort of bounty system, which would bring the risk/reward ratio down for newer players, since if they choose to go up against the best they'll at least get some money from the bounty or betting odds or whatever if they lose.

Thumbs up, its a great idea and I know it would work as people sit there and make money with live streams all the time with them just playing a game, neverind a live service of people dualing hardcore oldscool style, like ultma online, everques wow and any other game with pvp.
I think your gear should be on the line ( only the stuff you have on )

i think your gold should be safe.

and i think we should have the option to pvp for practice or with out gear on the line, provided the other team has chosen the same.

This would be an excellent way to work hardcore pvp.

requesting sticky.
Good lord I can't believe how many people are supporting such a terrible idea that virtually nobody will use. Use your brains for half a second and think of what would actually happen if you lost all your gear upon losing a pvp battle.

Answer: PvP queues would be so incredibly long NOBODY WOULD PVP.

Unlike all you ignorant people, Blizzard realizes this and won’t spend their time and effort to implement something that effectively won’t be used anyways. In addition your idea isn’t new, nor is it Brilliant. It’s been suggested multiple times before the game was even launched and lauded as a very bad idea every time.
08/03/2012 03:29 PMPosted by BazDefunct
Unlike all you ignorant people, Blizzard realizes this and won’t spend their time and effort to implement something that effectively won’t be used anyways. In addition your idea isn’t new, nor is it Brilliant. It’s been suggested multiple times before the game was even launched and lauded as a very bad idea every time.

You, sir, seem to be lost.

Perhaps I could redirect you to the softcore forums?

I am sure that your equally child-like friends are missing you
In D2 you could get their gear if both players turn on loot button. So, D2 already had this idea, just need Blizzard to add this in D3. If i rememebred correctly, anyways this would be fun..
You, sir, seem to be lost.Perhaps I could redirect you to the softcore forums? I am sure that your equally child-like friends are missing you

Good argument, you seem like you'd actually be at home on the SC forums from that comment.