Blizzard Stole My Lunch Money.

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
Everything Blizzard makes these days is terrible. Why? Because I say so. The other 10+ million people playing Blizzard's games don't count. All that matters is my opinion...because I'm posting here, and that obviously means I care more and therefore deserve more attention.

I'd also like to blame Activision for being a soul-sucking monster that has ruined everything. It certainly isn't my own jadedness. Its far more comforting to blame the "evil" corporation and it's "demonic" CEO. What evidence do I have that directly links Activision to the OBVIOUS decline in Blizzard's quality, you ask? Well, none, really. But I did take a business class my junior year in high school, so I pretty much know all there is to know about the subject.

Speaking of business practices. I would also like to point out that Blizzard ignores all of its feedback. I base this on the clear fact that they don't implement every change suggested by people on the forums. After all, calling oneself a "professional game designer" is really just being stuck up. Game design is pretty simple, I know because...well, because I just do. It's certainly not something that one masters after months, if not years of careful study, practice and learning from mistakes. Oh, and those dozens of people on the so-called "community team"? Yeah, Blizzard just pays them a salary to sit around and placate the masses, because that makes perfect business sense.

Lastly, the Real-Money Auction House is a scam, or a conspiracy. I don't really have any experience, economic or otherwise, that would justify such a claim, but I know its true.

Furthermore, I state all of these things as fact, and not as opinion, because, CLEARLY, EVERYONE knows it (because I say so, of course). Blizzard should just admit to these accusations that I have clearly NOT just fabricated out of a certain orifice, because, duh, we ALL know that the accusations are 100% true.

TL;DR: Blizzard is amazing, and all of you whiney, conspiracy-theory-obsessed losers need to go somewhere else and stop poisoning these forums for those who actually care to provide meaningful, constructive feedback.

P.S. Bashiok is my hero.
06/14/2012 12:28 PMPosted by Relena
Blizzard is amazing

^This. =D

I am LOVIN' D3, and I wasn't even planning on liking it at all. The hard work Blizz has put into this game clearly shows. <3

Now if only I could get the right gear to drop for my monk. XD
06/14/2012 12:35 PMPosted by Bonegrinder
The problem is, if it isn't Activision's acquistion of Blizzard that has reduced their gameplay quality, then what is the source of Blizzard's lower gameplay quality.

No, the problem is the subjective assumption that the quality has declined at all. I'm satirizing the people who state such a thing as fact. Its an opinion, nothing more. I'm not requesting that every person qualify every statement with "In my opinon..." but rather that people refrain from using universal statements of fact to represent an opinion. Statements such as "everyone knows" "the truth is" "Blizzard should admit to these things".
Come back when ur in inferno mid act2. kthx
06/14/2012 12:42 PMPosted by glaise

Because my progress through this or any other game is relevant to my opinion on how people should be providing feedback?

Seriously?
06/14/2012 12:43 PMPosted by Relena

Because my progress through this or any other game is relevant to my opinion on how people should be providing feedback?

Seriously?

It's certainly relevant, yes. If you aren't experiencing what other players are experiencing then you likely cannot understand why they're providing the feedback that they are.
06/14/2012 12:43 PMPosted by Relena
Seriously?

Yea. I'm seriously.
Diablo 3 is a great game for bored housewives with expendable money.
06/14/2012 12:47 PMPosted by hastur

Seriously?

It's certainly relevant, yes. If you aren't experiencing what other players are experiencing then you likely cannot understand why they're providing the feedback that they are.

No it's not relevant, because I'm not criticizing their feedback. Only their conspiracy-theorist methods and the practice of stating every opinion (particularly related to overall quality) as a universal fact, and in no uncertain terms.

It's not about the feedback they're providing. It's about the way they're providing it. If something isn't working, then explain how you think it's not working. But don't whine like my 2 year old child and pitch a fit because things aren't going your way.
Everything Blizzard makes these days is terrible. Why? Because I say so. The other 10+ million people playing Blizzard's games don't count. All that matters is my opinion...because I'm posting here, and that obviously means I care more and therefore deserve more attention.

I'd also like to blame Activision for being a soul-sucking monster that has ruined everything. It certainly isn't my own jadedness. Its far more comforting to blame the "evil" corporation and it's "demonic" CEO. What evidence do I have that directly links Activision to the OBVIOUS decline in Blizzard's quality, you ask? Well, none, really. But I did take a business class my junior year in high school, so I pretty much know all there is to know about the subject.

Speaking of business practices. I would also like to point out that Blizzard ignores all of its feedback. I base this on the clear fact that they don't implement every change suggested by people on the forums. After all, calling oneself a "professional game designer" is really just being stuck up. Game design is pretty simple, I know because...well, because I just do. It's certainly not something that one masters after months, if not years of careful study, practice and learning from mistakes. Oh, and those dozens of people on the so-called "community team"? Yeah, Blizzard just pays them a salary to sit around and placate the masses, because that makes perfect business sense.

Lastly, the Real-Money Auction House is a scam, or a conspiracy. I don't really have any experience, economic or otherwise, that would justify such a claim, but I know its true.

Furthermore, I state all of these things as fact, and not as opinion, because, CLEARLY, EVERYONE knows it (because I say so, of course). Blizzard should just admit to these accusations that I have clearly NOT just fabricated out of a certain orifice, because, duh, we ALL know that the accusations are 100% true.

TL;DR: Blizzard is amazing, and all of you whiney, conspiracy-theory-obsessed losers need to go somewhere else and stop poisoning these forums for those who actually care to provide meaningful, constructive feedback.

P.S. Bashiok is my hero.

Jay, why the sock ?
You're just as dogmatic as the rest.
06/14/2012 12:49 PMPosted by Yseria

It's not about the feedback they're providing. It's about the way they're providing it. If something isn't working, then explain how you think it's not working. But don't whine like my 2 year old child and pitch a fit because things aren't going your way.

People are upset they've wasted a lot of time to get to an end game that's set up in a way to force them to use an auction house that lines Blizzard's pockets rather than progress by simply playing the game.

Hope this helps.
I expected a lot from Diablo 3 and was severely let down. What's the point of this thread?

The game is just plain bad, and I didn't want it to be.
06/14/2012 12:50 PMPosted by hastur
an auction house that lines Blizzard's pockets

It only lines their pockets if you're impatient and blow real money because end game isn't coming fast enough for you.

No one ever said this game wasn't going to be a grind. Grinding for a week is not going to get you to end game, unless you're willing to make the extra gold or spend money on better gear items. Otherwise, have some patience and enjoy the game for what it is: a grinding wheel.

<3
I expected a lot from Diablo 3 and was severely let down. What's the point of this thread?

The game is just plain bad, and I didn't want it to be.

The point is to get people to stop whining like children about things and express themselves in a manner that might...I don't know...actually get things to change.

People pitching a fit and accusing Blizzard of trying to screw everyone over is certainly not going to get someone listened to.

Edit: Said "actually" twice.
06/14/2012 12:51 PMPosted by Wayfarer
I expected a lot from Diablo 3 and was severely let down.

In comparison to you, I wasn't expecting to like Diablo 3 at all, because I'm not used to games of that nature.... and I turned out to thoroughly enjoy myself. The point is that not everyone shares the same opinion. Two people may have similar opinions, but that does not make those opinions more prominent than everyone else's. And it certainly doesn't make it fact. Period.