Blizzard Stole My Lunch Money.

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
I just wish both the haters and the fanboi's alike would stop posting all this trolling "let's have an argument over nothing" threads to the forums...
an auction house that lines Blizzard's pockets

It only lines their pockets if you're impatient and blow real money because end game isn't coming fast enough for you.

No one ever said this game wasn't going to be a grind. Grinding for a week is not going to get you to end game, unless you're willing to make the extra gold or spend money on better gear items. Otherwise, have some patience and enjoy the game for what it is: a grinding wheel.

<3

What game are you playing?

You cannot grind to progress into Act 2 by playing Act 1. You're forced to play the AH, or worse, the RMAH.

This is what's wrong with the game. This is why people are upset. They could grind for a thousand hours in Act 1 and they still would not be able to get items that would help a Barbarian or Monk progress through the game.

Yes, it's being fixed in a patch.

What do we do until then, though?
06/14/2012 12:57 PMPosted by Olafdog
I just wish both the haters and the fanboi's alike would stop posting all this trolling "let's have an argument over nothing" threads to the forums...

This is not an argument over nothing, this is a perfectly valid position to take. My OP may have been sarcastic/satirical in tone, but everything I posted there were things I've seen posted on these forums in the recent weeks (and years if you count the WoW forums). Did I exaggerate to make my point? A little...but that's the sad part...only a little.

Many of the things I've said were near to direct quotes from various threads.

You go on the forums and lay out your concerns in an intelligent manner. Which I commend you for doing. At no point in this conversation am I trying to invalidate the legitimate concerns that players have voiced on these forums, only their juvenile, nonconstructive methods for expressing those concerns.

You cannot grind to progress into Act 2 by playing Act 1. You're forced to play the AH, or worse, the RMAH.

This is what's wrong with the game. This is why people are upset. They could grind for a thousand hours in Act 1 and they still would not be able to get items that would help a Barbarian or Monk progress through the game.

So the fact that I played a monk through normal, hell, and nightmare without ever touching the auction house means was doing it wrong?

You see how easy it was to lay out exactly what is wrong? That's all that's being mentioned here. It's very easy to simply drop the emotion, drop the temper tantrum, and say what you feel. But a lot of forum posters would rather get on and post threads that make them out to be preschoolers crying because they didn't get the toy they wanted.

And thank you *bow* for actually making an intelligent post, unlike some of the others here who have simply proven the OP's point. =)

As for what we do now, we either set the game down and be patient, or we grind in the hopes that you get something good before the patch.

So the fact that I played a monk through normal, hell, and nightmare without ever touching the auction house means was doing it wrong?

What?

We're talking about Inferno, friend.
06/14/2012 01:06 PMPosted by Pharrett

<3 I also have not touched the auction house, though I'm not as progressed as you are. But I did recognize that it would be a grindfest. =)

Well done.
Diablo III is amazing, even after the rose tinted glasses come off. They listened to all the reasonable feedback from D2 and implemented it. The polish shows, the voice acting is great, the story is.... sorry Blizz I love you but..... the story is cheesy and predictable. But the GAME itself is sound.

Know why "online play is not rated" ? Its because you can't control the factor of different people. The only "flaw" that this game has are the idiot players who whine too much.

Keep up the good work Blizz!
06/14/2012 12:35 PMPosted by Bonegrinder
Thanks for another sarcastic post. The problem is, if it isn't Activision's acquistion of Blizzard that has reduced their gameplay quality, then what is the source of Blizzard's lower gameplay quality. It is speculation to say that it is Activision's fault simply because Blizzard's game quality went down after the acquistion. Personally, I have nothing against Activision (published many great games back in the day, like MechWarrior and Dark Reign) or Blizzard (still love Warcraft 2 BNE and Starcraft 1).

Since the merger (Activision did not buy Blizzard, Vivendi bought Activision and made a new company) Blizzard has released a couple WoW expansions (reached it's highest subscribership ever) and SC2 (wildly successful). Now D3 is out (also wildly successful despite unpopular forum belief) and people think Activision is somehow responsible for some new lack of quality?

Are they even paying attention?
Blizzard has made an empire out of creating games that glorify Satan, it is no wonder they are an evil company. Every game they sell will see its proceeds go toward addicting even more impressionable youth to their nefarious games, leading them on the path of destruction, and eternal damnation in hell.
06/14/2012 01:24 PMPosted by Ptone
Blizzard has made an empire out of creating games that glorify Satan, it is no wonder they are an evil company. Every game they sell will see its proceeds go toward addicting even more impressionable youth to their nefarious games, leading them on the path of destruction, and eternal damnation in hell.

Ohhhh, that's what they're doing? Oh, yeah I'm totally on board with that.
06/14/2012 01:25 PMPosted by Relena
Oh, yeah I'm totally on board with that.

If only that were true.

There isn't a single pentagram in the entire game.
Get to Inferno, where Blizzard says "the game starts," and then come back and try to tell us how amazing D3 is. Otherwise this is like someone recommending a car having only read about it in magazines and having test driven a different model. Your opinion about the other model might be relevant, but your opinion of the car we're talking about is not.

It's certainly relevant, yes. If you aren't experiencing what other players are experiencing then you likely cannot understand why they're providing the feedback that they are.

Lol what?

So If I'm in act 4 inferno I'm providing my feedback better then if I was in act 1? That doesn't make sense.

Erm...yes. Makes perfect sense, especially considering the disparity between act 1 and even act 2 on Inferno. Someone who has just entered Act 1 really still has no idea about many of the problems with the game that surface in Inferno. To pose another analogy, would you consider a review of a house to be relevant if the person never went inside? Sure, their opinion might count for analyzing the exterior, but nothing they say about the interior has much weight considering they've never seen it. The review from the person who has toured the entire house and can tell us that the pretty Victorian exterior does not match the horridly put together art-deco interior is a much more relevant and informed opinion.
06/14/2012 01:27 PMPosted by Epicss
you're embarrassing yourself.

Is that why my underwear is on my head?

Lol what?

So If I'm in act 4 inferno I'm providing my feedback better then if I was in act 1? That doesn't make sense.

Erm...yes. Makes perfect sense, especially considering the disparity between act 1 and even act 2 on Inferno. Someone who has just entered Act 1 really still has no idea about many of the problems with the game that surface in Inferno. To pose another analogy, would you consider a review of a house to be relevant if the person never went inside? Sure, their opinion might count for analyzing the exterior, but nothing they say about the interior has much weight considering they've never seen it. The review from the person who has toured the entire house and can tell us that the pretty Victorian exterior does not match the horridly put together art-deco interior is much more relevant.

You place in the progression of the game is NOT relevant to HOW you provide feedback in terms of being intelligent or being whiny. Your feedback might not hold as much weight being in act I vs act IV, but whether you be whiny or coherent is unrelated to your progression.
So many people who can't think. So disappointing. That's probably why this game came out so bad. The feedback is low quality. The production is low quality.

Diablo 2 set a precedent which Diablo 3 did not meet. Actually, it falls very short of meeting that precedent. Change is good for those who prefer the lower-quality gameplay. Change is bad for those who respected D2 for what it was and wished to see an improvement upon it. There are only two improvements which I've seen in this game:
1. Graphics
2. Skill system

Everything else is on-par or sub-par. Do I have the time to break it all down for you? You might find an in-depth thread lurking around from me, one of these days.