Blizzard Stole My Lunch Money.

General Discussion

You place in the progression of the game is NOT relevant to HOW you provide feedback in terms of being intelligent or being whiny. Your feedback might not hold as much weight being in act I vs act IV, but whether you be whiny or coherent is unrelated to your progression.

I agree; misread what they were responding to.
<3 I also have not touched the auction house, though I'm not as progressed as you are. But I did recognize that it would be a grindfest. =)

Well done.

Reading some of these posts is just painful to me. You don't need the AH for Normal-Hell! You'll definitely 100% guaranteed need it for Inferno. You can spend weeks farming the butcher but you won't get good enough gear to get through Act 2.
06/14/2012 12:47 PMPosted by hastur

Because my progress through this or any other game is relevant to my opinion on how people should be providing feedback?

Seriously?

It's certainly relevant, yes. If you aren't experiencing what other players are experiencing then you likely cannot understand why they're providing the feedback that they are.

I disagree with this.

Regardless, I've cleared inferno diablo with all 5 classes now and I completely agree with the OP. Your opinions on the difficulty and experience are just that, opinions.
06/14/2012 01:37 PMPosted by Relena
you're embarrassing yourself.

Is that why my underwear is on my head?

Erm...yes. Makes perfect sense, especially considering the disparity between act 1 and even act 2 on Inferno. Someone who has just entered Act 1 really still has no idea about many of the problems with the game that surface in Inferno. To pose another analogy, would you consider a review of a house to be relevant if the person never went inside? Sure, their opinion might count for analyzing the exterior, but nothing they say about the interior has much weight considering they've never seen it. The review from the person who has toured the entire house and can tell us that the pretty Victorian exterior does not match the horridly put together art-deco interior is much more relevant.

You place in the progression of the game is NOT relevant to HOW you provide feedback in terms of being intelligent or being whiny. Your feedback might not hold as much weight being in act I vs act IV, but whether you be whiny or coherent is unrelated to your progression.

Except that the original context here is not the HOW of your feedback but the QUALITY of your feedback. So yes, being farther in the game means you have better quality feedback, even if you present it in the most uncanny way.
Two blizz boys in the same guild, lol.
06/14/2012 01:42 PMPosted by ice
Except that the original context here is not the HOW of your feedback but the QUALITY of your feedback. So yes, being farther in the game means you have better quality feedback, even if you present it in the most uncanny way.

The OP's topic concerns the HOW of feedback presentation. Play again next week.
So many people who can't think. So disappointing. That's probably why this game came out so bad. The feedback is low quality. The production is low quality.

Diablo 2 set a precedent which Diablo 3 did not meet. Actually, it falls very short of meeting that precedent. Change is good for those who prefer the lower-quality gameplay. Change is bad for those who respected D2 for what it was and wished to see an improvement upon it. There are only two improvements which I've seen in this game:
1. Graphics
2. Skill system

Everything else is on-par or sub-par. Do I have the time to break it all down for you? You might find an in-depth thread lurking around from me, one of these days.

A) That is YOUR opinion, not fact. I played D2 for upwards of 5 years and I absolutely love D3.
B) More importantly, you've done nothing to outline what exactly is wrong. "lower-quality gameplay" "on-par or sub-par". These are useless, generalized statements that don't really SAY anything. What is sub-par? How? What's lower-quality?
C) This isn't the point of this thread.

Two blizz boys in the same guild, lol.

Two people in the same guild share an opinion? Must be another conspiracy. Also, she's a woman.

This statement is incorrect.
TL;DR: Blizzard is amazing, and all of you whiney, conspiracy-theory-obsessed losers need to go somewhere else and stop poisoning these forums for those who actually care to provide meaningful, constructive feedback.

P.S. Bashiok is my hero.

What's this feeling I am overwhelmed with? Love? If you're a male let me start by declaring, "No H0mo"

I couldn't agree more. I love you.

No, the problem is the subjective assumption that the quality has declined at all. I'm satirizing the people who state such a thing as fact. Its an opinion, nothing more. I'm not requesting that every person qualify every statement with "In my opinon..." but rather that people refrain from using universal statements of fact to represent an opinion. Statements such as "everyone knows" "the truth is" "Blizzard should admit to these things".

The quality of "fun". is extremely low, my opinion. But hey, i guess the constant threads of people who are not having fun, are only just the small % right?

Even though they have been here since day one. And i am not talking about the same people over and over.

Constantly you see refund threads, and threads just bashing the game because it did not live up to what it should have been. I believe that as a fact. Because it's true.

So much was left out, the story is complete and utter rubbish.

Itemization is a joke

PVP arenas? <---- do i really have to say anything about it?

These are HUGE things.

I don't understand why you can't see that diablo 3 is a dumbed down version of what it could have been.

Factually: There were more than 3.5 million copies of the game sold in the first 24 HOURS of release. You could have 10,000 people on the forums and that is still less than 1%...its actually less than 0.01%. Does that suggest a trend? Perhaps. But it does NOT in any way mean that the game is factually "bad". And that's using numbers ONLY from day 1, it can be assumed many more copies were purchased in the weeks since.

I found the story enjoyable, if a tad predictable, and regardless that claim is subjective.

Itemization has been acknowledged and a fix is in the works.

It would help, in giving feedback, to actually mention something. If you're going to say "PvP arenas are terrible" then, yeah...it would help if you said something specific and tangible that could be worked with.

I don't "see" as such because, holy crap!, I have my own opinion. Gee, I must be crazy.
I think you guys like the game so much because you didn't play the previous ones in the series
So not liking Diablo 3 means we all automatically think it is crap.

Of course it is not crap. It is just very very underwhelming. In fact I might of even say I enjoyed it if it was packaged under any name but Diablo.

Factually: There were more than 3.5 million copies of the game sold in the first 24 HOURS of release. You could have 10,000 people on the forums and that is still less than 1%...its actually less than 0.01%. Does that suggest a trend? Perhaps. But it does NOT in any way mean that the game is factually "bad". And that's using numbers ONLY from day 1, it can be assumed many more copies were purchased in the weeks since.

I found the story enjoyable, if a tad predictable, and regardless that claim is subjective.

Itemization has been acknowledged and a fix is in the works.

It would help, in giving feedback, to actually mention something. If you're going to say "PvP arenas are terrible" then, yeah...it would help if you said something specific and tangible that could be worked with.

I don't "see" as such because, holy crap!, I have my own opinion. Gee, I must be crazy.

the feedback i need to leave, has been left in the thousands of threads i agree with.

The story was sooo stupid, here ill give you an example, and believe me, this story is all facts.

I did not make this, i accept and want no credit for it.

Diablo 3 's story in 30 seconds................
Stay a while and listen ..
-snipped-

Reducing every statement to its absolutely most basic form and then criticizing the result is not a valid argument. Regardless, it is still your opinion and nothing more than that. Certainly not "fact". To continue to think of it as fact suggests an exceptional amount of arrogance.
06/14/2012 12:42 PMPosted by glaise
Come back when ur in inferno mid act2. kthx

Ok, but it's going to be a long time, since I have no desire to rush through content, and buy my gear off the ah.

<---haven't left normal yet.

Hmm, there might be a correlation here.
06/14/2012 01:54 PMPosted by TJG
I think you guys like the game so much because you didn't play the previous ones in the series

They probably did, but it was probably like last month or last year and they don't really take into perspective things like age and archaic past game design/technology.

Diablo 3 probably is a better game then Diablo 2. At least in 2012... but in the same way that something ages.

Diablo 3 was suppose to be a step up from Diablo 2, while retaining core Diablo and Diablo 2 components while improving upon other things.
TYRAEL: WE DID IT BOYS... ANGELS.... AND MEN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you sum up the story in D2 for us, so we can formulate a better appraisal of the D3 story....

Please, I implore you.

Edit: Hint, it's just as shallow.
Excuse me, did we play though the same game?
The story follows that basic inept forum, 100%.

So, yeah.

Buy an authenticator

Irrational hate is irrational. I won't continue to argue that point.