I Miss Diablo 2 Loot.

General Discussion
There I said it.

I get that they don't want people running around in the same unique/sets...but is this any better?

People running around in...well, the same few legendaries (much fewer and less interesting than D2) and rares with the same stats, hunting for rares with slightly higher numbers of the same stats.

I miss:
- Lower level uniques dropping and being strong enough to last for 10-20 levels. You could also realistically expect them during farming sessions.
- Varied affixes on uniques that made them fun to collect and experiment with.
- Runewords added a totally different type of item. Without dupes and stuff Enigma and crap would still have been rare.
- Gear that allowed us to specialize into a build. Pure cold sorc? WW sassy? Straferzon? I miss you.
- Enough uniques that you would see them drop semi often, but very seldom see them all drop.

Anyone else?
I know what you mean.

Especially
People running around in...well, the same few legendaries (much fewer and less interesting than D2) and rares with the same stats, hunting for rares with slightly higher numbers of the same stats.

Waiting for 1.1.
Actually I think this thread sums up one of my bigger gripes with this game.

The. loot. isn't. cool.
I know what you mean.

Especially

Waiting for 1.1.

1.1 is just a buff for existing legendaries. The rest is 'well, we want to do this. sometime. Probably the 2015 expansion'.
That's what happens when the game is designed around the auction house instead of the other way around.
my biggest gripe is how they made The Oculus into a worthless off-hand and i highly doubt it'll be better than a good rare after the patch. it was AWESOME and was a #1 main hand in D2 for sorcs regardless of the build.

and that vamp gaze/shuko... /drool.
A major issue is that equipping a good unique was like WOW this is a totally different feel for my char. They were OP, but in a good way - and with enough, and a bit of balance it would be great.

Instead we have:
- Main stat
- Vit
- Allres
- IAS/Crit
- LOH.

Mix and match slightly and that's the game. Enjoy!

- Main stat
- Vit
- Allres
- IAS/Crit
- LOH.

Mix and match slightly and that's the game. Enjoy!

meh
my biggest gripe is how they made The Oculus into a worthless off-hand and i highly doubt it'll be better than a good rare after the patch. it was AWESOME and was a #1 main hand in D2 for sorcs regardless of the build.

and that vamp gaze/shuko... /drool.

Unless you play hc then occy = death.

Hoto/Eschuta/Fathom lmk wug
Runewords were one of thhe, if not, the greatest invention in computer gaming.

Collecting runes then assembling them in a weapon in a certain order to transform it into a powerful unique! epic gaming.

it should have been in d3
They need to remove or replace all the junk affixes (e.g. extra health from health globes, pick up range, gold find - yes, you'll never compete with the farm bots, lifesteal %, individual resists etc.). The only things these affixes do is ruin an otherwise nice piece of loot.

And on the other hand, if an item doesn't have one of the must have affixes, like resist all and critical bonus, then NO ONE wants it. Which means that 99% of the things you find will be crap just out of hand.

It's a terrible, terrible system that only rewards the bots that can churn out hundreds of items per day.

If the game had better affixes, and was more forgiving towards alternative gear/skill setups, then there might be a demand for niche items.
06/15/2012 04:49 AMPosted by Aeroh
They need to remove or replace all the junk affixes (e.g. extra health from health globes, pick up range, gold find - yes, you'll never compete with the farm bots, lifesteal %, individual resists etc.). The only things these affixes do is ruin an otherwise nice piece of loot.

Try playing with your gold ranged pickup at point blank range, it's irritating.

In D2, try playing in a dungeon with no or negative light radius, it's irritating.

We need more of this, not less. THIS is how you balance items, not the almighty DEE-PEE-ESS
Runewords were one of thhe, if not, the greatest invention in computer gaming.

Collecting runes then assembling them in a weapon in a certain order to transform it into a powerful unique! epic gaming.

it should have been in d3

100% agree.
At the very least they could limit that particular affix to gloves or something, not pants, hat, and chest. Besides, once they release the pet scrolls that auto collect the gold, that affix will be even more useless.

06/15/2012 04:51 AMPosted by MattFoley

Try playing with your gold ranged pickup at point blank range, it's irritating.

In D2, try playing in a dungeon with no or negative light radius, it's irritating.

We need more of this, not less. THIS is how you balance items, not the almighty DEE-PEE-ESS
At the very least they could limit that particular affix to gloves or something, not pants, hat, and chest. Besides, once they release the pet scrolls that auto collect the gold, that affix will be even more useless.

dafuq is this?

dafuq is this?

It was in beta, was cut for release but they said it would come back in the future.

No, I'm not joking.
<deleted>
Really feeling this at the moment.

I miss farming uniques and sets that

A) Were unique.
B) Were interesting.
C) Actually dropped without weeks of grinding.
D) Had a meaningful effect on our characters skills.
06/15/2012 04:45 AMPosted by BlizzFanBoi
Dr StabGuy says: 'What you really miss is playing an actual real video game.'

Also this.