A new patch is available - Workaround

Technical Support
Prev 1 14 15 16 26 Next
07/10/2012 07:27 PMPosted by Error3007
THE LANGUAGE THING DOESN'T WORK... JUST TRIED SWITCHING TO KOREAN TO ENGLISH NO LUCK #@$#@ THIS GAME!

mate, do you have the DVD to reinstall?

basically the language fix is NOT the best method, this is why,

if you selected any language besides English, it will force a 2.6gb download

trying to patch to the latest version AFTER that will incur another 2.6gb file download

so if you do have the DVD, it is quicker to start fresh again and do the method above that i posted
Followed the workaround and it didn't worked for me.
I got stuck at "updating files" and when I tried to restaure the old files, I got the error message "unexpected error occured..." when he tried to patch the game again.

Now uninstalling and re-installing the game...

Why is this happening in the first place? My computer is 100% dedicated to Diablo (I'm not even surfing here on the same computer) and I'd like to be able to avoid this kind of issues. :/
DUDE!!! Did you think this solution up yourself? thanks so much

worked perfectly for me!! would have had no idea myself..

many thanks
"Failed to download required file. Please check ur internet connection."

How now brown cow?

which method did you use, and what have you done so far

details mate
Problem happens when u want to change the language and the launcher will patch a 2GB ++ files
how about mac how to fix it?
which method did you use, and what have you done so far

details mate

I've changed the diablo III exe already... And also i tried changing the agent.db step but it failed so i continued to the next step..
if you guys own the DVD, I hope you'll just forget about language switching or whatever else and try this now,

I mix method 1 and 2 to reach the latest patch!

easiest method for me,

1. Uninstall the game

Re-install it, during re-installation it will download the previous patch which is fine.

2. After installation close launcher, you will find that in C:\ProgramData\ there's no battlenet folder (this is normal for fresh installations so no need to search for it)

Go into C:\Program Files(x86)\Diablo III\ (or whatever folder you chose) and delete the following,

Diablo III.exe
Diablo III.mfil

Go into C:\Program Files\Diablo III\Data_D3\PC\MPQs\

check EVERY folder and subfolders for any file that contains -10235.MPQ and delete them at all (there should ONLY be 2 of these files for a fresh installation)

3. Load .agent.db in main Diablo 3 folder with wordpad and change patch URL to the following,

"http://enUS.patch.battle.net:1119/patch",

save and close

4. Final step is to download the old Diablo III.exe file provided on page 1 of this thread,

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21864092/Diablo_III_exe_1_0_0_8370_zip

stick it into your D3 folder, and load Diablo III Launcher.exe first. It will only give you an option to Install. Exit once!

Re-load launcher.exe again and IT SHOULD DOWNLOAD a very small update file (this file is much BIGGER if you are using another language besides English so be warned),

Once ready to play, launch the game and in your login screen, look at bottom left screen and check the version,

1.0.3.10485 <- it must be this number otherwise you will get login error again

Now you will be able to login as normal!

*note*

Although there are 'easier' methods that involve language switching (do remember language pack downloads are 2.6gb a piece and MIGHT NOT WORK, because it did not for me) and/or something else besides re-installing, I still think this is the fastest and painless way to update today, so please try it!
Hey Barthus worked like a charm. Thank you!
P.S. has Blizzard offered you a consulting position yet as you seem to be able to fix their game?
=)
patch_url changed to enUS, agent file is deleted and the new patch is now downloaded and ready to go !
Many thanks for the help
the first solution OP posted worked for me. thanks.

if Barthus isn't a blizzard staff, that just shows how poorly D3 is being handled by this new team.
This works! thanks so much
Thank you very much for this, very helpful.
it still doing a loop even after i tried method 1, keep saying theres new patch available, click ok go back to launcher, game is up to date, click play, and the same thing happens again

my friends now suggested me to delete the whole battle net folder in program data...
lets see if it works

it works like a charm...easier way of updating!
OMG! thanks a lot mate!, blizzard should hire some people like you to provide immediate sollution to customers problem. again keep it up!
Followed the workaround and it didn't worked for me.
I got stuck at "updating files" and when I tried to restaure the old files, I got the error message "unexpected error occured..." when he tried to patch the game again.

Now uninstalling and re-installing the game...

Why is this happening in the first place? My computer is 100% dedicated to Diablo (I'm not even surfing here on the same computer) and I'd like to be able to avoid this kind of issues. :/

I'm having the exact same issue. Why is so many people in this thread able to solve the problem? Can Someone help us lost folks please?
Do you have a solution for Mac users? I'm currently running Snow Leopard. Had no problems with previous patches, but this one is doing the exact thing you described - saying the game is up to date, but when I try to log in, it tells me I need a patch and just exits the game.

I'm now on version 1.0.3.10235.

My game is based off the US client I think, but I'm playing from Asia (Indonesia). When I play on bnet, I'm always on the US servers.

Please help! I haven't been able to play since yesterday!
Dude, you are a legend! Thank you so much for providing easy-to-follow instructions for the fix :) You totally rock ... now if you'll excuse me, I need to kill some things ;)