Can't get Liquid Rainbow.

Aus/NZ General Discussion
As the title says, haven't been able to play the last 3 weeks because my net cable got cut when footpath work was being done.

After coming back finishing the game reaching lvl 60 etc I went to look for the liquid rainbow but those ghosts and the merchant aren't spawning wasted a good 3 hours yesterday on my monk and just tried on my WD that is still on Normal mode and having the same issue WTH is up?
Foibles of the RNG.

Took me about 15 minutes to get it last night and about an hour to get all the items (already had the plans).
Liquid rainbow took me about an hour to get, it was the one that took the longest amount of time.
oh god this thing, liquid rainbow was the worst for me, the worst thing is when the guy spawns but then their is no chest in the cavern.

Keep at it mate, random is random.
I got LR first time...but it took me about 10 hours to get the Gibb. Stone...
Mushrooms, why do I have slots full of mushrooms!! I found Liquid Rainbow the same way. Just kept sticking to the inside of my inventory before I knew what they were!!!

Then a friend said hey, what are these plans for....dunno....
god i'm in the same boat as you mate, i still haven't found the bloody thing yet :/
I have 2 of everything in my stash except Gibbering Gemstone, that's a pain in the !@#$ to get.
Read recently for gibbering to dismiss any followers and have all other herding staff items you have in your character inventory. Read that last night whilst game down, tried it tonight and got gibbering first attempt. Had tried many times prior, so seemed to work for me, might be worth a try.
Got it!
06/20/2012 05:04 AMPosted by Hypatia
Read recently for gibbering to dismiss any followers and have all other herding staff items you have in your character inventory. Read that last night whilst game down, tried it tonight and got gibbering first attempt. Had tried many times prior, so seemed to work for me, might be worth a try.

you got to be kidding me. after trying to get the liquid rainbow for an last hour i came here and read this. first attempt after trying it and now i have the liquid rainbow. i don't know if the stars just happen to align and the RNG gods smiled kindly on me or if it was doing what was described here. either way i finally got it =)
still RNG sadly... tried for about 2 hours before reading this ... and took another 2 hours after trying the change - no luck. but couple of the other pieces (including gibbering) I got on first try ... so anyone reading this, just keep on trying!
You'll get it eventually, there are twos pots where that guy spawns. One is when you take the waypoint to the oasis just head east and when you hit the first bit of shallow water head south and he will spawn there. Also he can spawn on the far east side of the map. not sure exactly where but i remember seeing it in youtube. He might have spawned for you in the second spot and you never actually new.
Keep on trying, it will drop eventually. I think it was about three hours of trying when it dropped for me.

The level of sparkling happiness and rainbows awaits you!
Whilst you can RM a game quicker if you only farm the bottom cave, I spent an hour farming that cave, then decided to run up to the other spawn location and got it that time.
Gah... I have played THREE STRAIGHT NIGHTS hunting for the Gibbering Gemstone... STILL no luck!
Keep on trying, it will drop eventually. I think it was about three hours of trying when it dropped for me.

The level of sparkling happiness and rainbows awaits you!

i love u very much.
Just keep trying. Random actually means "almost never" in Blizzard speak.
Mindless grinding is what they want. When you get all the staff, you will have spent 150,000 gold pieces in Normal. The Whimsyshire is so nerfed, it will take more weeks of grinding to get your money back.
Took me approximately 2 days to find Liquid rainbow....by the way I never found the merchant at the place near the waypoint...rainbow was probably the most frustrating of all materials to get for the staff.