500 gold each time I'm hit, what a JOKE.

General Discussion
Prev 1 12 13 14
the problem is not the cost of repairs, if you choose to have no survival thats your problem.

the issue is that classes built to survive (melee in most cases) end up spending too much gold on repairs just because they loose durability in combat.

example, and ive actually done this:

found elite mob on my dh, killed with two deaths - 6.5k repair (fine with that, i died twice)
found elite mob on my monk, killed with no deaths - 4k repair costs...

wtf?
Why bother repairing constantly? Just repair once it breaks, then you pay as little as you need to pay...
lets farm naked
+1
my god.

repair costs aren't linear. don;t repair until you are broken.

jesus, the amount of baddies around at the moment....
"Ignores Durability Loss" - most valuable affix post 1.0.3?
500 gold every time you are hit it is. Diablo 3 is the only game where you play to lose. You never play to win.

That's a joke, hahahahahah.

play to lose for sure especially your life(not sacasm)
06/20/2012 07:16 PMPosted by FallenKing
lets farm naked

best post ever
You have to realize I'm 30 years old, probably close to your age. But now they have 18 year-old blizzard developers and project managers that grew up on fancy colors and high-definition graphics. The "the flavor of the week" is the norm to them. I doubt many of the are true gamers.
Barbarian here.

I noticed the costs pretty bad when playing in a group, when I was using my favorite party skill Threatening Shout : Intimidate. This makes everything attack me instead of them. As a result I take a hell of a lot of damage compared to everyone else in my group. I had two 'yellow' repairs in a one game, and only dies once, both cost me 30k. I didnt feel like I was making enough gold to cover that.

Next game I dropped Intimidate, cuz screw rands, they can take their own damage :/

My gear didnt decay nearly as much, so the gold I made covered it, but just barely.

Solo games I have no problem comming ahead of my repair bill with gold drops alone, but I rarely die.

---

I am kind of disappointed now that I cant use Intimidate in a party without costing myself gold, it really gave the game dimension, made it seem like I was acually playing an important role in the party, it worked so well.
AH opens to IRL$ - Blizzard promotes purchasing virtual gold for IRL$, in every aspect. Sad *#!s, completely ruined melee, tanking now costs me a mint. Thanks!
06/20/2012 07:13 PMPosted by AnGrYGruNt
Field tested this, I'm LOSING gold per run now.

then you aren't geared enough for the content, it's pretty simple.
06/20/2012 07:41 PMPosted by Stonk
Field tested this, I'm LOSING gold per run now.

its not the deaths its the loss in general play to taking damage, my monk racks up more repair bills not dying than my dh does zerging, even after the change....
06/20/2012 07:48 PMPosted by Chok

its not the deaths its the loss in general play to taking damage, my monk racks up more repair bills not dying than my dh does zerging, even after the change....

funny, my monk is fine. just the gold drops alone are more than enough to cover my repair costs, many times over.
what does a bee sit on his beehind