Starter Upgrade Thread

Technical Support
Prev 1 7 8 9 15 Next
I wouldn't be so frustrated had there been a clear warning before I purchased the game. Even after I paid it didn't mention any restrictions - I had to waste my night finding out why the game still wanted me to upgrade after I'd paid for it.

This isn't ok. I wouldn't have bought the game if I'd known. As far as I am concerned that money has left my account. I didn't keep my money for 72 hours before "reviewing" whether or not I should pay you. Don't punish your legitimate, paying customers.
Note: Most World of Warcraft and Diablo III Starter Edition restrictions will remain in place until payment verification is fully complete. This may take up to 72 hours.

Guess some people just can't read.
Blunder in then complain on the forums about something they didn't see because they were too busy thinking the world is perfect.
Where does it say that? It's not on the "Buy Now" page on the Diablo III website, it's not on the page where you select which product you want to buy, nor is it on the page where you enter your payment details.

It's not even in the Terms of Sale - take a look for yourself: http://eu.blizzard.com/en-gb/company/about/termsofsale.html

The EU store doesn't even link to the Europe terms of sale, it goes to this page:
http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/termsofsale.html
which is the North American terms of sale.
Note: Most World of Warcraft and Diablo III Starter Edition restrictions will remain in place until payment verification is fully complete. This may take up to 72 hours.

Guess some people just can't read.
Blunder in then complain on the forums about something they didn't see because they were too busy thinking the world is perfect.

None of this was there when I paid for my brothers copy yesterday, nor was it there after I paid. the only place they MIGHT have it is int he updated terms and agreements that are only shown when you try to log in
See my post above. It's not in the terms of sale and it's not on the payment details page. The only place I see it mentioned is here on the forums (In a post half way down the page titled "Stuck at Level 13? Digital Purchases Info") and on this support page linked in that forum post: http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-starter-edition-guest-pass

But who is going to come to the technical support forum or Blizzard's support article on guest passes before purchasing the game? I would hardly call that clearly notifying their customers of the restriction.
lol what a joke, have to wait 3 days after purchase to play the game is this a joke?
Outside of the issue that we fixed, digital purchases do require a review period before they kick over from Starter to Full editions. We apologize for the inconvenience, but it is a necessary step to combat fraud and other malicious activities that can weaken everyone's play experience.

The delay is no longer than three days, and is often much quicker than that. Hang tight. :)

I'm sorry the only thing you are protecting is your balance sheet. This is freaking incredible, I don't know how many more ways you all can screw this pooch. Really.

1. You all build a game that smells like Diablo around a RMAH (pretty sure the RMAH was first).
2. Crap content, lame story line.
3. Nerf drops and gear and all we here is "We don't want". Trying to force everyone to play like little Blizzard lemmings
4. Now you make on-line purchasers wait 3 days for the privilege of playing this piece of garbage.
I thought to wait a month or so before purchasing D3 for the usual fixes, patches, and potential problems that typically occur whenever a game expands or in this case, launches in some way.

Heard all the pros and cons, and the cons seems to be winning the argument against purchasing Diablo 3. (although there seems to be some agreement that the game is fun getting to level 60...but that's it)

I have to wonder at who to blame here.

This is the company that gave us World of Warcraft?

It all seems rather unpolished, as if quality assessment never went any further than Act 2 of Inferno with the "end game" being glossed over. For the most part, it looks like a downgrade from Diablo 2. Itemization blows...and the storyline I read is a joke.

$60 bucks for this?

I'll save my money for the pandas. Hopefully the team of jokers responsible for D3 wasn't involved in any way with Mists of Pandaria.
How is this even legal? I realize now it says the obligatory "Note: Most World of Warcraft and Diablo III Starter Edition restrictions will remain in place until payment verification is fully complete. This may take up to 72 hours."

But that surely wasn't there before.

How is it even legal to advertise and charge the amount of a full game, but then withhold it for up to 72 hours? Blizzard has messed this up so bad. I really hope they are punished in some legal manner. Not because I hate them, on the contrary, because I love them. I'm willing to let the horrible creative problems (little replayability, horrible item system, etc.) go, but their technical and business decisions...they need a swift kick in the balls regarding issues like this so they don't happen again in future games.
I really wish there was some way I could protest against this kind of nonsense. But as it's not a monthly fee, it wouldn't make any difference to them if we all just stopped playing in protest. They already got our money, and that's that :/
Just wondering, does anyone know how we will know when our accounts move into full game mode? The only way I know how to check is by beating skel king again, but it takes time to keep going back to him =[
06/21/2012 06:13 PMPosted by pandarren
Just wondering, does anyone know how we will know when our accounts move into full game mode? The only way I know how to check is by beating skel king again, but it takes time to keep going back to him =[

Lol that's true, didn't think of that. So they say "up to 72 hours, but usually less than that," but the only way to find out is to see if you can proceed beyond the Skeleton King...fail.
I kinda lucked out with this one, I guess. I bought the game close to release, so when I got through the Skeleton King my first day and disconnected to get some sleep, Error 37 prevented me from connecting for the next two days. Dodged a bullet there!
Why is there a review period at all? Are you trying to combat botters and credit card fraud? If so, why do you not do the same thing for WoW? Why are you doing this for D3 and D3 alone, now and not at launch?

This has not affected me, it can't, but I'm still pissed about it due to how bad someone at Bliz wants you to look. You already have a ton of image problems with D3 and then you go and prevent LEGITIMATE, PAYING customers from using their product not through an unfortunate tech issue, but by shear, heedless thoughtlessness. WHY?
So how are we supposed to know when we've actually been given the item promised?

it's deceitful that delivery time for a digital download is 72 hours
The waiting period for digital purchases is bull. I kinda want my money back.
It's funny how Blizzard are ready to fight bots and chinese gold farmers so hard that they go to the mild degree of forcing new players (that pay more on their online purchase service than they would in a real game store, mind you) wait for up to 72 hours before they can enjoy the product that they paid for.

RMAH is the cancer of this game, and is something that is starting to seriously cloud my judgement about Blizzard.

I played World of Warcraft for many years, and as soon as they started to sell those glittering ponys and transparrent tigers for real money, I thought "Well, this is the start of something bad.." and see, I was right.

I am sad to see that the game I've been waiting ten years for is starting to give me a bad taste in my mouth because of money. Money money money.
I'm just going to go ahead and say it here since this seems to be the relevant place: someone who paid $60 for the game deserves to play their damn game. Go ahead and get your fingers out of the pot and do your creepy review or whatever WHILE they play, if you really have to do whatever it is you insist on doing.

To be honest, it's none of your business. It's their money, regardless of whatever legal mumbo jumbo you want to throw on top of it to justify this behavior. Give them the product and back off.
Just adding my disgust to the pile accumulated here. Like others I would have sought a physical copy were I warned about this 'cooling-off period'. I'd be less insulted if this measure actually inhibited gold spammers and bots, clearly not. Instead of Blizzard alienating and infuriating its paying customers by sin-binning them in a most underhanded fashion, why not a few Capta-Codes? This is all falling on deaf ears but Blizzard should take record of how annoying this is.
Does anyone know if we can take any legal action on this? I am really frustrated.