Dear CM

Aus/NZ General Discussion
Prev 1 10 11 12 Next
Posted by Arcagnion

Well the current situation is that nothing major is going to happen before the end of the year. Really wish I could just say 'Nothing is ever going to happen' but it’s not like that.

It's now April, Arcagnion.

Still waiting.
Because we are continuing to research the viability of all options and we won't count anything out at this stage. Once there is some solid to say either way then I will posting it. In the mean time I need everyone to give honest feedback in the sticky so I can continue to feed it back to the global team each week.

Okay heres the feedback.

We want Aussie servers because we are sick and tired of bad lag and latency.

We want to know why they havent been implemented, we want to know when or if they will be, and if not, why not.

Take that back to whoever you talk to, and ask them for an honest reply to these questions.
Remember that drawing board that arc said everything is still on it?

Think the dev team threw it out the window........

Arc, come on man, just tell us it aint happening.
There never was a drawing board. I was there at WoW retail and the WoW beta when the first "Need Aussie Servers!!!" Threads appeared. Blizzard have only ever given us exactly what happened in this thread, the run around.

This is the true story of how it went down at blizzard :)

1) low level CM gives feedback about the demand for local server support. Gets told it will be investigated.
2) low level CM follows up about the investigation, gets told its still under investigation.
3) low level CM tries again, still under investigation.
4) Many months later low level CM knows nothings gonna happen, asks again anyway, gets this exact email reply "Still under investigation ;) "... low level CM never asks again.
Diablo III was broken on release due to server issues and I quit the game for 6+ months only to come back and still have to put up with 230ms of latency best case scenario because I am a Perthian.

I enjoyed Diablo II because 90% of the time I was playing offline single player not because I wanted to but because I was sick of the lag on closed Bnet.

Online only was a #*!%#*!* move to your loyal customers and it's obvious it was motivated by corporate greed at its worst.

I won't be buying any future Blizzard games if playing on online international servers is mandatory.

I will never play hardcore nor spend money on the RMAH because frankly I don't want to reward Blizzard for creating a game that is crippled by latency issues.
OK so I know they haven't said it in here, but I'm pretty confident that the reason they don't have an Aus server is the same reason they've never had them in their other games: it's way too expensive.

Based on my discussions with staff for other online games, they tell me that cost per GB data usage on a server rental is enormously high in AU/NZ compared to the US or Europe. We're talking like 20x the price. The simple answer is that unless that price drops dramatically, I doubt it will ever be worth their while to introduce a regional server here. The cost simply wouldn't justify the amount of extra money they might gain from customers here.
yea why are aus/nz players and servers always overlooked in any online gameing community. pc , console doesn't matter there's always that big lag gap between countries. Any big companies out there that can fix this issue and bring all gamers in the world together at the same table will win the nobel peace prize in my books anyway lol need to kill me sum yankie scum in black op's 2 hehe joking luv ya usa : )
still nothing arc?

seems like im gonna lose even more priority on net access in the next few months...... gonna have 1000+ ms lag everyday till god knows when....... plz blizz cant u consider offline play?
Nearly one year on and still no answer....
The blue response was just the same as they have always said which boils down to NOTHING! It gives no more information than has ever been given before and is just leading us on like always. From release to now the same old response and come back at any time from now and it will be the same again. They have your money thank you very much enjoy your ping whatever it is, and forget Hardcore. Man this makes my blood boil.

Online for teh win!
This is true for the forum rules.
But I'll give a update anyway, just keep in mind this is a exception to the rule :)

Yes, we are continuing to review how to improve the player experience for the Aus/NZ region. So what does that mean exactly? It means that we haven’t ruled out any option which includes looking into the solution by the original poster.What is certain is that even looking into these suggestions will take time. So once we have something more solid then I will definitely update everyone here in the Aus/NZ forums.

Edited by Arcagnion on 6/21/2012 9:24 PM PDT

You've had eight years and done nothing. You intend to do nothing. You do not care for your oceanic customers provided they keep paying. All you care about is the money.

If you cared, Arcaignon, or if the people behind you cared, you'd have posted. Been over a year now and no response.(today being 28 June 2013)

Yes yes you are looking into it, they are in a meeting, the check is in the mail,they are in conference, the person we need to resolve this is out of this office or is in a very important telephone call........

Spare me.

BTW No I dont play D3, I'll play it the day you get us a PC offline version, until then I dont see why I have to log on and be single player online 24/7. You have an offline console version but not an offline PC version..why is that exactly?
Oh look, a zombie....... thread.

Sorry, i just had to do this. Yes i am persistent. Yes i am still playing the game anyway even tho the ping has not improved. Yes i am a big Diablo fan, so i will still buy RoS even if there is no AUS server.

I dont know blizz, i feel the aus community deserves a little recognition, a little reward so to say. The year had almost past again, and the drawing board had not been revealed. Not even a decision of "no you wont ever get it". An expansion have been decided, and the ping situation cant even be addressed.

I think alot of us who are pushing will as much appreciate a "no" than a "yes" at this point. Just tell us, squash our dreams. We are still going to buy RoS anyways.
Seansky: speak for yourself.

I am not buying another Blizz product. WOW is it. If what they sell isnt offline, no sale.
I'm able to play fine with 170 - 200 ping. I don't notice any lag or any game breaking rewinds. However, I'm only playing MP2 and have Diamond Skin cast 90% of the time so my play style doesn't require a tiny ping.

I'm in the central North Island (NZ).

Haha, tiny ping.
I too am able to play on 200ish ping, things get a little or very hairy in the fields of misery with a screen full of crit hits going off, but whats really annoying of late is the copious network disconnects i've been getting lately :(
yeh as i said, it is "playable". most of the peeps still here just cling on the hope it can be "better". Maybe then when we run pass a zombie, you wont get hit after running 14 yards past him. Maybe then we wont have as much lag spikes. Maybe there will be less chance of dying for us less "responsive" players who seem to always hit the key a millisecond too late........

Just maybes. But no matter what, a definite answer will always be more appreciated than the years of waiting, clinging on thin hopes. We will feel gutted if blizz just says it wont ever happen, but at least we know, and alot of us will just get on and kill some more monsters anyways.
On the bright side some of us may even have fibre connections by then. I only need to wait 4 years before the area I live in will start to be considered for the upgrade. Wonder what ADSL 2 will be like then - unless (company of massive snowstorms) put the servers here at my place..... Hope!
•Using the words "Blizzard," "Blue," or any community team members' names in a thread topic is frowned upon.

Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that; however, use of such words in the subject line does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion.

This is true for the forum rules.
But I'll give a update anyway, just keep in mind this is a exception to the rule :)

Yes, we are continuing to review how to improve the player experience for the Aus/NZ region. So what does that mean exactly?
It means that we haven’t ruled out any option which includes looking into the solution by the original poster.
What is certain is that even looking into these suggestions will take time. So once we have something more solid then I will definitely update everyone here in the Aus/NZ forums.

Still waiting for improvements in order to even play, let alone play as intended.
I would love to see an update on this topic. Though I enjoy the game at the moment, I can only imagine how much more enjoyable it would be slaying hordes of undead in a lag free environment!
10/14/2013 05:21 AMPosted by Mawtook
I would love to see an update on this topic. Though I enjoy the game at the moment, I can only imagine how much more enjoyable it would be slaying hordes of undead in a lag free environment!

Good luck. It's been over a year since Blizzard have commented on servers for AU. "Weekly meetings". Yah huh.