Dear CM

Aus/NZ General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 12 Next
I've got to be honest, i'll be playing wow and D2/D3 regardless of what happens since I've been a Blizzard !@#$% since i first picked up D2 fresh off the shelves when i was 12 (you guys got me young), but if we get servers......I think i'll cream my pants.
06/21/2012 09:23 PMPosted by Arcagnion
What is certain is that even looking into these suggestions will take time. So once we have something more solid then I will definitely update everyone here in the Aus/NZ forums.

Man I been trying to get that question answered for a while.

Thanks Arcagnion.

Can you please give us an ETA on when we should be expecting more information on this? Do we check back in a week or a month?
This has been pretty much the stock standard response since WoW first came out how ever many years ago.

The answer is because we don't want to spend the money to set one up and/or it's too hard.
They clearly aren't serious about the ANZ market otherwise they would have seen the issues with WoW and considered this solution BEFORE releasing the D3 to the ANZ region. Instead they let the market burn.

The real answer is we are not important enough to have a server. The people who are loyal irrespective of this abuse are padding Blizzard's wallet a touch and that's all they care about.
Heh, time. Well I'm honestly not trying to be a drag, but they don't have that much time. I know the au nz market is tiny anyway, so no one will care if it dies. And you have our money already.

I do want to say, I'm honestly surprised just how bad d3 plays even on a very good connection from a premium ISP.
Today I went to EB Games to ask for refund, they said, because it is internet connected and that your game number is attatched to your Battle Account, we can't refund.

The manager understood my predictament, he knew that D3 wasn't going to work under Blizz's servers here in Australia, but he's not in business to tell me that, but to sell me an inferiour game that wouldn't work in an iron lung. I knew that EB has a 14 day return policy, missed that, damn, I will try sending game to Activision here in Sydney (Ryde)?

Wouldn't it be cheaper just to refund everybody, Today, I heard in news that Australias population is 21.5 million ppl

You could fit Aussie Pop in New York City, no wonder Blizz won't set-up servers, not enough ppl, period, lets see 380 million ppl in USA, yep yep, no servers for ANZ.
He/She is just placating you. It's always the same PR fluff as this. Please give direct answers or you know, do something. Actions >>> words.

This is true for the forum rules.
But I'll give a update anyway, just keep in mind this is a exception to the rule :)

Yes, we are continuing to review how to improve the player experience for the Aus/NZ region. So what does that mean exactly?
It means that we haven’t ruled out any option which includes looking into the solution by the original poster.
What is certain is that even looking into these suggestions will take time. So once we have something more solid then I will definitely update everyone here in the Aus/NZ forums.

Good for AUZ/NZ I guess but how bout middle-east? no matter which region we choose we're having the same issue as those guys. Ever since I got back to Tehran (btw it's in Iran) I'm struggling to even finish Hell, I have huge lag spikes that last for more than 60 seconds some times and that's pretty much a death.

There must be a way for Blizzard to implement a feature that the game instance can occur on individual PCs rather than the server server can handle data and log stuff rather than ruin player experience, because let's face it you had plenty of time since release to identify and address this on going issue and you didn't.

I paid 180 euros, bought 3 copies for myself and my brothers but we can't actually play and enjoy what we paid for due to insane amount of technical issues that renders the game unplayable. I was one of the supporters of the idea for diablo 3 being an always online game, because I believed at its worse days it will be like World of Warcraft servers, stable and playable. That's unfortunately isn't true for diablo 3 and I blame it on RMAH and nothing else because you wanted to maintain control on the RMAH and monitor the items that are coming and going and the way they're being obtained. Let's face it Diablo 3 in terms of stability have not lived up to Blizzard's status quo.
Stop feeding this OP who is clearing a troll.
http://delimiter.com.au/2010/10/25/telstra-the-problem-claims-blizzard-on-aussie-servers/

Why didnt Australia get a data centre again? Or shall we continue to blame Telstra?
Lets discuss in another 2 years of no action.
Today I went to EB Games to ask for refund, they said, because it is internet connected and that your game number is attatched to your Battle Account, we can't refund.

The manager understood my predictament, he knew that D3 wasn't going to work under Blizz's servers here in Australia, but he's not in business to tell me that, but to sell me an inferiour game that wouldn't work in an iron lung. I knew that EB has a 14 day return policy, missed that, damn, I will try sending game to Activision here in Sydney (Ryde)?

Wouldn't it be cheaper just to refund everybody, Today, I heard in news that Australias population is 21.5 million ppl

You could fit Aussie Pop in New York City, no wonder Blizz won't set-up servers, not enough ppl, period, lets see 380 million ppl in USA, yep yep, no servers for ANZ.

if your withing 30 days you can get a refund from blizz: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5740845937#1
Today i have been disconnected from server with error #3007 a few times.
Lots of 180-1000 lagg spikes.
RRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr thanx JackL, I read your original post, since I bought retail, I am at 38 days, but, posting it back to Activision in Sydney may be my only way.
we only need a ETA, ohterwise no point to wait or paly and dead again and again in the "GAME"

if you can't improve the game, it will become unplayable, please give us refund. Thanks
We can but hope!
Yer right when pigs can fly!
What is certain is that even looking into these suggestions will take time.
Yes but by then we will all have forgotten this beta game.

Which is what they have been saying since 2007.
Yes, we are continuing to review how to improve the player experience for the Aus/NZ region. So what does that mean exactly?
It means that we haven’t ruled out any option which includes looking into the solution by the original poster.

I hate to be negative but this is the same response I've been hearing for 7 years or more. Maybe they should look a bit harder, you might find the hidden footprints ....