Stuck at level 13, but...

Technical Support
According to blizz post:

"As of patch 1.0.3, when purchasing a digital version of Diablo III through the online store or your Battle.net Account, players are restricted to the Starter Edition for the first 72 hours (sometimes less). Players on Starter Editions have the following restrictions:
Act I up to the Skeleton King is available

Level 13 cap
Matchmaking available only with other Starter Edition players
No Auction House access (Real Money or Gold)
Global Play is not available. Players attempting to connect to Diablo III Starter Edition in a region other than their Battle.net Account's home region will receive Error 12.

See the Global Play support article for more information."

I CAN access the auction house, I CAN invite my friends to my game, BUT

I cannot pass level 13, or the skeleton king.

I cannot trade... anybody. On their end it says player is busy (im not). On my end, trade is grayed out.

My friends who experts at this game are baffled as to what's going on with my account.

It seems like I have to wait up to 72 hours... except that the payment for the online version of the game was verified THIS MORNING. Not too long after I actually purchased the game.
Did it say verified? Mine shows:

PRODUCT LEVEL
Diablo® III Standard Edition
ACCOUNT STATUS
ACTIVE
REGION
Global
it says completed, so im assuming yes.

PRODUCT LEVEL
ACCOUNT STATUS
ACTIVE
REGION
Global

same here.
Product Level

Account Status
Active

Region
Global

Can't level past 13, not even on my main acct that has lvl 60's on it........................
Read somewhere that it's an anti fraud thing. They review the account etc...

Is this confirmed? Makes sense of the problem if it's true... Just doesn't make sense to do it....
Yes, Blizzard posted that from now on new purchases will have a waiting period until the charges clear to prevent fraud. They have been having a lot of issues with people getting the game and then the payment method failing. They were banning those folks, but then that caused another issue of upsetting the player and having to undo the ban once the payment is fixed. Here is the post about doing this to prevent fraud http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5888808976#4

However, last night there was an issue where a lot of OLD digital accounts were flagged as starter but they patched it..and a password reset fixed it for them.

Sounds like something it still "off" with the system.
I have the same problem except that ITS ON MY SECOND CHARACTER. I already have a level 24 wizard on act 3, and I started up a monk with a friend who just got the game today. We both got to skeleton king, beat it, but then got stuck after beating it. What gives? I bought the game last week, bought a hard copy version, and I already got past the skeleton king on another character.
bump........ Been WAY over 72 hours on both accts I have, neither can level a char past 13.............. w t f
I FIXED THIS PROBLEM BY CHANGING MY PASSWORD!!!
Crappiest purchase experience ever. I've been playing on a starter account for a week. Got to 13, upgraded and now Im stuck not playing with the friends who gave me the code. FOR THE ENTIRE WEEKEND?! I had even bought a second copy. I'm already considering asking for my money back.
Is this for real?!

LAN party officially ruined. 5 People at the LAN here purchased accounts today, it's now 3am and we can't get past level 13? WTF!?! To rub dirt in wound we are in Australia so paid a lot more than the US version! This is not going to go down well in the ausgamers community http://www.ausgamers.com/
06/20/2012 10:08 PMPosted by Leadamse
I FIXED THIS PROBLEM BY CHANGING MY PASSWORD!!!

YOU SIR ARE A LEGEND AND YOU HAVE SAVED THE DAY! IT WORKED!
can anyone tell me how to get past level 13 with my female barbarian
all i wanna know is how in the heck do i get past level 13
Buy the game and register the game code ?

... and next time, don't necro a 5-year old thread.
This thread is 5 year old. It would have been wiser to open your own new thread.

If your caracter is capped at level 13 it's because the game thinks you have the discovery version (the free one).

So either :
- you need to buy the game (if it is not already done)
- you need to wait for the paiment to be done - might take up to 3 days (if paid online on Blizzard webstore)
- If both suggestion above is OK (and you do have a valid licence shown on your account management) then you can try to modify your password for enforcing an account refresh that might validate your licence
kingdiablow,

As previously mentioned, this thread is several years old. I am going to go ahead and lock this. If you continue to have trouble I suggest you create a brand new thread with the issue or contact support.