Auction house still down?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 17 Next

*puts fingers in ears and closes eyes* NO! YOU STOLE MY ITEMS AND YOU GIVE THEM BACK NOW D; D;

why do people do this?
^
Just please tell me we haven't lost the items we had up for auction or we're bidding on (allong with our gold)!
06/26/2012 12:03 PMPosted by OnionKnight
OMG am I going to lose all my lewt I put on the RMAH? I had a sweet 1 hand crossbow that I can't afford to lose. It was going to be my car payment this month.

Pretty sure that most collection agencies will accept D3 gold now.
06/26/2012 11:51 AMPosted by Firemaster
People, stop being sarcastic and saying Blizzard isn't able to do good work, because WE ALL know they can, if they didn't we wouldn't have so many great games. Wait won't kill you.

Games were awesome before and we didn't had to wait.....

*puts fingers in ears and closes eyes* NO! YOU STOLE MY ITEMS AND YOU GIVE THEM BACK NOW D; D;

why do people do this?

Make these comments or actually put their fingers in their ears and not listen to what's being spelled out right in front of them?
Is it so much to ask that the server status page actually reflect the status of the servers? AH has been down literally all day long, and the server status page still says it's up.
WHERE oh WHERE in the patch notes did it say you would be TOUCHING the auction houses?

why do people do this?

Make these comments or actually put their fingers in their ears and not listen to what's being spelled out right in front of them?

Looking at the replies in the post, not reading what's being told in the post.

Looking at the replies in the post, not reading what's being told in the post.

Ahh, search me. I'm afraid I've just seen too much of it and I'm having a hard time holding my tongue :/ People just need to chillax a little bit and give it time to come back up.
Okay, instead of logging off and on I completely exited the game and restarted. Seems to have worked as far as getting my auction house button working. Still slow and can't move items to stash.
I just lost everything.. I Sold all my best items pre patch day Because i was unsure or the market value of the item after. Now i am broke and starting from scratch with no gold and no items.. HC was awesome.. now i wanna cry.
Why Are We Still Not Allowed To Cancel Auctions
? Why Are We Still Not Allowed To Cancel Auctions
? Why Are We Still Not Allowed To Cancel Auctions
?

One could easily assume that it would be very demanding on the cluster running the AH. If people could cancel auctions, they'd keep resetting auctions every time they saw a lower price from another person.

The only way to possinlyallow it would be to limit the amount of cancellations per day (or whatever) and only after the item has been up for a certain amount of time (a few hours).
Oh, man...I had some pretty valuable items up on the AH last night, too. Serves me right for not waiting until after the patch to post them. Gah.
Folks, the issue may not be testing the patches, the issue may be testing the patches under load and real world conditions. It's virtually impossible to replicate because without having all players switch to a test environment which has been cloned exactly from the real world environment.

That being said, there should be a mechanism in place to be able freeze state of the auction house prior to a patch and to roll back the state of the auction house if something goes awry.
I'm sure part of the reason auction house has been shut down is to fix the issue and possibly roll back the database.
06/26/2012 11:46 AMPosted by Inígo
I don't suppose there's any ETA on getting the AH running again?

06/26/2012 12:15 PMPosted by Feanor
Is it so much to ask that the server status page actually reflect the status of the servers? AH has been down literally all day long, and the server status page still says it's up.

The auction house issues should be resolved now. If you're still experiencing issues, will you verify what those issues are?

06/26/2012 12:18 PMPosted by Kazzerigian
WHERE oh WHERE in the patch notes did it say you would be TOUCHING the auction houses?

It was an issue that came up as we were bringing our services back online. It wasn't related to patching.
Your items should be fine if "lost"...

Backup databases are there for a reason.
Thanks, Zarhym!