Comprehensive Act 2/Act 3 ilvl 63 drop rates

General Discussion
1 2 3 6 Next
So I just want to state that I have been keeping a detailed log over the past three days of drop rates as it pertains specifically to iLVL 63 gear drop, and let's just say that the results are scary to say the least. Let's get right down to it:

6/19/12: Solo DH siegebreaker runs- 163 rares, 6 ilvl 63 items = 3.7%
Solo DH Azmodan runs - 82 rares, 3 ilvl 63 items = 3.6%
Solo DH Act 2 elite farming - 95 rares, 4 ilvl 63 items = 4.2%

6/20/12: Solo DH azmodan runs - 117 rares, 5 ilvl 63 items = 4.3%
Solo Barb azmodan runs - 91 rares, 3 ilvl 63 items = 3.3%
Coop DH/Monk azmodan runs - 137 rares, 6 ilvl 63 items = 4.4%
Coop DH/MONK act 2 elite farm- 115 rares, 8 ilvl 63 items = 6.9%

6/21/12: Solo Barb siegebreaker runs - 185 rares, 7 ilvl 63 items = 3.8%
Coop Barb/Monk siegebreaker runs - 72 rares, 2 ilvl 63 items = 2.8%
Solo Barb act 2 elite farm - 113 rares, 7 ilvl 63 items = 6.2%
Solo DH act 2 elite farm - 151 rares, 10 ilvl 63 rares = 6.6%

6/22/12: Solo DH azmodan runs - 152 rares, 5 ilvl 63 items = 3.3%
Solo Barb act 2 elite farm- 91 rares, 6 ilvl 63 items = 6.6%

Now, there are two interesting results here:

1. The drop rates for ilvl 63 items in act 3 is lower than act 2 in all of my runs consistently, by almost double.
2. The drop rate on ilvl 63 items in act 3 is nowhere near the stated 8%.

Before anyone cries about "random" I just want to say that this is a fairly healthy sample size and statistics are applicable here. We have reasonably strong data that suggests the drop rate is far below what Blizzard stated and the more concerning thing is that act 2 is apparently dropping the highest end loot with more frequency than act 3. I will be going to farm act 4 both solo and COOP over the weekend and hope to have a sample size of ~1000 rares to see what the ilvl 63 drop rate is looking like, but I'm guessing it just shares the same flaw with act 3.

Thoughts?

NOTE: most kills when playing my DH had a swap of +262% MF, only 15% mf with the Barb kills.
Now how many of those ilvl63 items were of any use/value?
One is all. I got a chest with 130 str, 88 int, 169 vit, all resist +55, physical resist +33, 2 sockets that I sold on RMAH for 115 but other than that nothing worth over 1.5M~ or $5~
What is the sample size? it doesn't say that anywhere.
How many runs what is the mf before 5 valor stack.

After patch i was able to get some very nice item that was impossible for act 1 inferno like lv62 and lv63 item and is also easier. Act 2 is still too tough.
What the hell is going on?
this is a healthy sample size.

please continue to add to this thread to increase it.
i have been tracking all my rare drops in act 2 for past 2 nights and i will note my statistics in this thread as well, instead of making a new one. i think i have a sample of nearly 200 rares myself. i,however, am only farming act 2.
Yes of course.
Don't waste your time collecting data.

1) people knowing it dont need the data, all the players in A3/4 pre 1.0.3 AND pre rmah launch patch.

2) people who didnt play A3/4 pre 1.0.3 will call on you, exploiter, glass cannon blablabla, 1% guy who doesnt the 99% of us to get phat loot, you dont have pre 1.0.3 data, sample is too low, L2RNG and so on

3) Blizzard bloody well knows, as they nerfed it ON PURPOSE. It's not a mistake, it's not an error, it's not something "they will look into" as lied Bashiok.

Why do you even bother ?
06/22/2012 04:18 PMPosted by Grashnak
What is the sample size? it doesn't say that anywhere.

...Add up the number of rares per act.

How many runs what is the mf before 5 valor stack.

After patch i was able to get some very nice item that was impossible for act 1 inferno like lv62 and lv63 item and is also easier. Act 2 is still too tough.

MF is irrelevant as it only affects the magical quality of the item, not the item level.
Was there any Magic Find gear worn on these runs?
Aqueous, disagree about how MF works. I have been testing it like crazy. I have a +262% MF set that I try to switch to before kills, and here's what I've found-

1. With 5 stacks + 262% MF from gear ---> a champion has dropped 4 rares fairly consistently, but has never dropped 4 rares without my swapping to MF gear
2. Without 5 stacks, ALMOST every single elite pack will drop 1 rare by swapping to MF, and there seems to be about 50% that the pack will drop 2 rares
3. After 5 stacks, with swapping to MF, almost every elite pack drops 3 rares. Without MF and five stacks, the trend seems to be 60% 1 rare, 40% 2 rares.
4. I have yet to see any conclusive evidence that MF% is actually increasing the quality of my drops. I have a whole spreadsheet of every rare I've gotten with and without MF, and I see no data to suggest a higher quality of loot.

As for other posters, sample size was 1464 rares.
06/22/2012 04:17 PMPosted by Osyris
One is all. I got a chest with 130 str, 88 int, 169 vit, all resist +55, physical resist +33, 2 sockets that I sold on RMAH for 115 but other than that nothing worth over 1.5M~ or $5~

Fair enough IMO.
Out of 1464 rares I would have liked at least a handful of sellables.... One seems pretty..well...sucky.
Oh, I misunderstood what you were saying. I absolutely agree that MF is increasing my rares. I see almost double the amount of rares-per-run when using my DH and swapping to MF. Kinda crappy that I can't take advantage of that using my Barb and enjoy the higher amounts of rares.
Whatever magic find he DID have on only skews the numbers higher/better.

The rate is very poor... but that's only the half of it...

By then relying on RNG to ROLL the stats on the rare...

Compound RNG makes getting a USEFUL piece.. extremely low.

Even at 8% (farming Act 3) .08

Let's say you have a 1 in 100 chance of rolling a really good item .01

.08 x .01 = .0008 = or about 1 in 1250 chance that killing a rare pack/boss with 5 stack will result in a quality piece.

Which is absolutely hilarious because that number isn't far off from what I actually saw in practice. 1464 rares, 1 good roll. Interesting.
Did you get your total from just rares? For it to be correct you would have to add in grey and whites as well.
I tracked both blue and yellow ilvl 63 but for the purposes of this post just talked about the rare ilvl 63 drops. I didn't log white results.