RE: Natalya's Wrath

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 26 Next
Just a matter of minutes before the hate mob came in and took the news about Blizzard listening to their feedback and turned it into more fuel for their hate.
Thanks for the response Bashiok

This was the question we Demon Hunters were dreading. Now we can relax.

Many players felt it needed to remain (legendaries should be good, the stats on nats are bad anyway except the bonuses). Nobody wanted to pay money for a set that was just going to get nerfed.

Embracing this change is a good idea. I'm all for buffing the other sets!

Dont just buff the numbers; give them all changes like nats set. It completely changes the way a class can be played!

Sounds like you guys are planning on adding some much needed depth to items!
As a Witch Doctor, I'm just gonna say that if you're going to do this for the Demon Hunters, I should hope you buff the set bonuses for the Witch Doctor set (Zunimassa's).

Demon Hunters get a TRIPLING (from 1/second to 3/sec) of one of their primary resources. What do Witch Doctors get? 10 mana on kill. When any good Witch Doctor has 700-1,000 mana. And it takes me literally hundreds of mana to kill even a white, like an oppressor, in Act 4 Inferno.

If the Zunimassa set bonus tripled OUR base regen rate, from 20/second to 60/sec, then we would really be talking about a set bonus worth having. Not a bull!@#$ set bonus that is literally worse than + Gold pickup radius.
This reminds me of d2's 1.08 shako ... it was better than 1.10 version
I've been waiting to hear this kind of thought process from them for along time now. They are finally listening to the players, I really hope that it's not too late for this game.
06/27/2012 01:02 PMPosted by Bazinga
how is it a bug? the patch had nothing to do with set items or disc regen. yet somehow magically the set bonus got changed? someone changed the values on purpose to test n see how the community would respond for future balancing/legendaries

I agree 100% its not like it was a decimal oops it was flat out value swap.
We're not going to change/correct the set bonus of Natalya's. It will remain as-is.

It's one of a few cases recently that made us really sit and look at how we were approaching a game system, have some serious discussions about what they mean for the game, and where we want it to go. Sure it's one set and set bonus, but allowing it to continue existing, and even now beginning some work to embrace the concept, probably wouldn't have happened if the unintended change to Natalya's hadn't occurred, and maybe more importantly if you didn't offer your feedback (constructively and in calm and reasonable tones, of course).

We are working on Legendary item changes for a future patch, as I'm sure you know, which could change the set in any variety of ways. I don't know what those changes could be yet, but I do know there's no desire to "fix" the set, even in the updated version. But regardless those changes will only affect items that drop after that patch. They aren't retroactive. Any Natalya's items that drop before that patch (ie the ones dropping now), and the set bonus, will remain unchanged regardless of future Legendary item updates.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love you Bash! I'm so glad to hear that Blizzard understands why this set should stay the way it is.

Btw, I very much hope that these serious talks have to do with the fact that items in general are lacking power and viable diversity.

Please see this post! :)

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5911502038#8
Don't think they will change it right away when people can sell it for a lot more on the rmah.
That way, blizzard gets more $$ when it's sold this way =S
=p
Phase 1.. Profit
Phase 2 ... Profit
Phase 3 ... ???
Phase 4 .. More profit and maybe a couple of bug fixes... But only if we don't loose that profit.
BlizzLogic
*waits for the follow up announcement*

All Discipline costs for all Demon Hunter skills will now be 30.

/snark
I'm glad for DH's that they essentially get to run around as a skilless broken class for the foreseeable future and all, but it would certainly be nice other classes got some buffs so that we don't return to the dark old pre 1.0.3 days of 1 god class, 1 demi god class, and 3 also rans.
06/27/2012 12:40 PMPosted by Bashiok
It's one of a few cases recently that made us really sit and look at how we were approaching a game system, have some serious discussions about what they mean for the game, and where we want it to go.

Thanks for the info and I for one am encouraged by these comments. (Yes, I am thankful). With a little course correction D3 could be as fun in the endgame as it is getting there.
06/27/2012 01:09 PMPosted by HotMustard
I've been waiting to hear this kind of thought process from them for along time now. They are finally listening to the players, I really hope that it's not too late for this game.

Agreed. Before the game was released it was "trust us, we know what we're doing" but now it's nice to hear "we're wrong, we shouldn't have veered from D2 and now we want our players back in D3, what should we change?"
We're not going to change/correct the set bonus of Natalya's. It will remain as-is.
But regardless those changes will only affect items that drop after that patch. They aren't retroactive. Any Natalya's items that drop before that patch (ie the ones dropping now), and the set bonus, will remain unchanged regardless of future Legendary item updates.

There is no goal in farming items right now if set and legendaries won't be buffed retroactively. I guess I will wait until the item patch and play something else in the meantime.