Ideas to Make Diablo 3 Survive for a Decade!

General Discussion
Prev 1 9 10 11 14 Next
^
^
still no reply from a blue
Well I'll be. I do believe that you've just fixed the game for me. Very impressive stuff.
^
I agree. Blizzard please listen to the community and give us an awesome game that can survive for 10+ years.
1. Login
2. Stare at my toon and think “Man, he basically looks like every other Monk i’ve seen”
3. Check Auction House
4. Frown
5. Start a game or join a public game if I’m feeling saucy
6. Kill 5-10 Elites
7. Get 7 Level 55 Rares and a bunch of trash blues.
8. Don’t even bother with a boss
9. Die, because I’m bored and not paying attention to Arcane lasers
10. Look and my repair bill, and then just exit the game.

this is how most of my games go aswell :/
but that's not all. there is really no customization. you might move a skill or a passive around and that's supposed to mean something? i feel no connection with the character i made. i'm simply using it.
1. Login
2. Stare at my toon and think “Man, he basically looks like every other Monk i’ve seen”
3. Check Auction House
4. Frown
5. Start a game or join a public game if I’m feeling saucy
6. Kill 5-10 Elites
7. Get 7 Level 55 Rares and a bunch of trash blues.
8. Don’t even bother with a boss
9. Die, because I’m bored and not paying attention to Arcane lasers
10. Look and my repair bill, and then just exit the game.

this is how most of my games go aswell :/
but that's not all. there is really no customization. you might move a skill or a passive around and that's supposed to mean something? i feel no connection with the character i made. i'm simply using it.

QFT
Good Read.
Great read, blues should give this a look at.
Just finished reading all three documents and watching/reading most of the supplementary links (except the PVP section, I skipped that because I don't like PVP personally but I'm sure it was equally stellar.).

I do hope Blizz sees this and uses it for a roadmap. I was on the brink of just giving the game up for dead. But people with ideas like this so far beyond what I could have personally thought of just blow my mind and give me a bit of that twinge of excitement over the potential of the game.

I'm afraid my hope isn't that raised though, it's just that I'm reminded there are people out there with amazing ideas and all the passion and drive to put them down on paper so that maybe, some day, somewhere, they will be taken advantage of.
Very nice job !!!
^
^
The game is good but your right i dont want to work up to lvl 60 then get bored until expainsion..
good read, +1
Just awesome, let's make this post appear in the popular topic !
Excellent! Read through all the documents as well as the blog by Brother Laz. Very interesting to hear from the perspective of someone who has effectively designed an expansion/variant to LOD and what he learned about itemization over the years. Nice to see an acknowledgement that people cried for rares to be better than uniques, but as soon as he made it that way, everyone went "ok but how do I now show off that I have the Cool Thing that other people don't?" Because no one has any idea what stats "Harbinger Devil" has (or even if its armor or a weapon); but everyone knows what Azurewrath is. Randomness doesn't generate Prestige.

BTW does it annoy anyone else that rares in D3 don't ever tell you what the base armor/weapon type is? In D2 when you had a rare it would be "Superlative Anarchy Templar Coat" so you knew exactly what the base armor was. In D3 you just get "Extensive Fallout" and you have no idea what it is. (I know you can look at ilvl but that's lame... why should I have to look in a separate place to try to decide what kind of armor it is? And why have cool names for all that type of gear if you are just going to reduce everything to a number? Gear Score, anyone?)
06/30/2012 12:02 PMPosted by UniiTy
Just awesome, let's make this post appear in the popular topic !

Yes! I love this man's enthusiasm!