MF Gear Swap on Elites

General Discussion
1 2 3 26 Next
I watch the live streams of players that run around farming A3 Elites, dishing the pain with their primary gear set, and then once the Elite is just about dead, they pop open their inventory, switch their MF gear on, and increase their reward opportunity.

Is this a mechanic that Blizzard really intended we all do to maximize loot potential? Does Blizzard really want us running around carrying a second set of MF gear, and swapping our armor mid fight to boost our MF for the killing blow?

If that is the intention, I would like to see a way to load a second gear set that could be swapped by hitting a button rather than popping your bag, and throwing a bunch of right clicks to switch gear. At least make it a little more convenient.

If that was not the intention, is there any talk of changing how this works? I bet you if you lost your NV stacks when you change gear, just like when you swap skills, that'd end the gear swap pretty quickly.

Thoughts?
I do this myself. A LOT of players with good MF gear will. It's funny because they nerfed chest loot for this behavior, but so long as MF gear exists, people are going to keep using it this way.
stop complaining and do it yourself?
I always carry another set of MF gear like everyone do.
Dont complain if you dont do that.
Complain yourself being a scrub and dont know about this trick.
Edit:

Lost NV when you switch gear? what a noob idea
If I vs reflect dmg mob, I want to switch my LOH rings and LOH weapon and I will lose NV1?
Are you kidding me?
here is the fix for you blizz.... you lose nv buff when you change any skills, you lose nv buff whenever you leave an act... so why not lose the nv buff when you change gear also, a person can save that upgrade for the next time they get into the next game, and it will prevent this exploit also.
the next patch they will lose me.
Part of the problem I'd imagine is that its nearly impossible to get decent MF rolls on a decent piece of gear.
Its usually like
INT
DEX
HEALTH ORB HEALING +500
16% MAGIC ITEM FIND
23 RESIST ARCANE.

Better to just keep a side set and swap to it when the last elite is almost dead.

MF worked better in Diablo 2 because your stats came from leveling mainly, only a little bit came from gear if any at all. So having an item with +200 health, Faster cast speed and Chance on hit Frost Nova wasnt going to be missed very much when you swapped it out for a 20% Magic find item.
You hamstring yourself too badly using MF now unless you get really lucky and get an AMAZING item with MF on it or one with the perfect stats to consider losing the dps the previous item provided.
This latest patch seemed to nerf this or just drops in general. My swap has about 254 MF and I am now getting 1 rare per pack in act 2 inferno with max NV.
There was a Blizz post several days ago explaining that this was not an intended mechanic, that they did not gear swapping was "fun", and that they did not want players to feel forced into doing an unfun housekeeping chore in order to have the best chance at rewards.

It said they hadn't decided how to address the situation yet but were working on it.
I watch the live streams of players that run around farming A3 Elites, dishing the pain with their primary gear set, and then once the Elite is just about dead, they pop open their inventory, switch their MF gear on, and increase their reward opportunity.

Is this a mechanic that Blizzard really intended we all do to maximize loot potential? Does Blizzard really want us running around carrying a second set of MF gear, and swapping our armor mid fight to boost our MF for the killing blow?

If that is the intention, I would like to see a way to load a second gear set that could be swapped by hitting a button rather than popping your bag, and throwing a bunch of right clicks to switch gear. At least make it a little more convenient.

If that was not the intention, is there any talk of changing how this works? I bet you if you lost your NV stacks when you change gear, just like when you swap skills, that'd end the gear swap pretty quickly.

Thoughts?

So your saying I should be punished for actually finding an upgrade and wanting to equip it....ya...makes sense to me...
That's the point of magic find gear. It was like that for more than a decade in D2 and it should stay like that in D3.
I don't do it, mainly because I don't want to carry around another set of gear in my already too small inventory.

That said, I have absolutely no problem with the people who do. If they don't mind doing it and feel it gives them better drops, more power to them. Even if I'm playing with them, it doesn't affect me in the slightest, so why should it bother me? (and no, the potential competition on the AH doesn't bother me, either.)