MF Gear Swap on Elites

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 26 Next
@The OP:

Don't ask if Blizzard likes this. Leave it alone. Delete your original post, and replace with a do not reply message. If people are finding a creative way to succeed then let them have fun.
Damn botters would love to nerf the real human player, they don't want to have to compete with real human players getting better stuff and avoiding their crap! This way their gold can be used to buy and sell more stuff. Stupid botter go away.
Don't ask if Blizzard likes this. Leave it alone. Delete your original post, and replace with a do not reply message. If people are finding a creative way to succeed then let them have fun.

Blizzard knows all about it, has stated that it's not what's intended, and they'll have a blog post about it soon.
It's simple to implement a fix that doesn't make every gear swap lose anything: in any combat the mob starts with 0 MFH (magic find health) and for every HP the mobs loses with MF gear worn, the number increments. For every HP taken with no MF worn, the number stays the same. When the mob dies, the percentage of MFH to mob starting health determines how much of the MF gear worn at death is in effect. If it was worn the whole time, in other words, you get full benefit.

Right. That's average over damage done, mostly.

This math won't work for vampiric monsters, though. If you let the thing hit you in such a way that it doesn't die for a long time, nor does it ever get to full health (because you're hitting it), you can get magic find as high as you like this way.
06/26/2012 03:39 PMPosted by Kathucki
Blizzard knows all about it, has stated that it's not what's intended, and they'll have a blog post about it soon.

Didn't ask... don't care if they like it or not like it. Don't care if they blog it or not. Let the topic die.

@The OP:
Change the thread title to something non-descript so this thread falls to page 11,000 and no one bothers to reply.
06/26/2012 04:02 PMPosted by BossDogg

Didn't ask... don't care if they like it or not like it. Don't care if they blog it or not. Let the topic die.

@The OP:
Change the thread title to something non-descript so this thread falls to page 11,000 and no one bothers to reply.

Why? Its all good discussion. Maybe someone comes up with a creative solution in here. It appears this is a mechanic that Blizzard has not intended, so lets find a better way to do it. I like some of the posted suggestions so far
If someone WANTS to do this, why stop them? It's not breaking anything for me. I think:

"Damn, that guy is getting drops but it looks boring"

and you know what? It sure is.

I don't remotely enjoy playing that way, so I don't, but I don't think it needs to be taken away from MaxGamer Joe. And if you don't like it? Don't do it.
seriously. why do people make topics like this? Is it because of the AH? tough. The AH exists. Use it if you want. Stop relying on it. It's perfectly possible for you to farm your own gear and never use the AH. Will it take a long time? Yes. You don't need to have everything you want right this very second, stop acting like you're entitled to it. You're not. Go farm until you get a lucky drop you can sell for a ton, or until you get enough upgrades to progress.

Is your motivation RMAH? If so, get a job.

Is your motivation simply "Theyre doing something I cant do/am too lazy to do/dont want to do/doesnt affect me in ANY reasonable way but I still want to complain"? Get over it.

Fin.
seriously. why do people make topics like this? Is it because of the AH? tough. The AH exists. Use it if you want. Stop relying on it. It's perfectly possible for you to farm your own gear and never use the AH. Will it take a long time? Yes. You don't need to have everything you want right this very second, stop acting like you're entitled to it. You're not. Go farm until you get a lucky drop you can sell for a ton, or until you get enough upgrades to progress.

Is your motivation RMAH? If so, get a job.

Is your motivation simply "Theyre doing something I cant do/am too lazy to do/dont want to do/doesnt affect me in ANY reasonable way but I still want to complain"? Get over it.

Fin.

People make topics like this because they wonder if Blizzard intended for the player base to gear swap for the best items. And if they intended for us to do it, then they could improve our ability to do so, and not make us waste limited bag space as well.

If they didn't intend for us to gear swap, then if you read the thread, there has been a lot of good suggestions for how to deal with it.

L2Read and Comprehend before responding douche.
06/26/2012 01:58 PMPosted by Fudgymilk
but so long as MF gear exists, people are going to keep using it this way.

Not entirely true. In d2 people just did the whole run wearing their mf gear. I think it has more to do with inferno being so tuned that giving up stats for mf hurts you so much you have to swap or risk hitting enrage timers.
I wanted to jump in quickly to say that this is one of many topics we’ve been discussing with the developers recently, and that we have a juicy blog post coming up that will delve a bit more into some of the MF swapping solutions we’re considering.
06/27/2012 04:31 PMPosted by Vaeflare
I wanted to jump in quickly to say that this is one of many topics we’ve been discussing with the developers recently, and that we have a juicy blog post coming up that will delve a bit more into some of the MF swapping solutions we’re considering.

YES!

Make sure to do this change after significant improvements in loot table or whatever change will happen will negatively effect the economy. MF gear is already super overpriced. I MF swap myself and find it annoying, kind of like dank runs..but it's effective.
Is MF swapping really that fun?
When I see an elite pack, I don't worry about MF gear or how high of quality the loot is that drops. All I can think of is how fast I can get into the fray to kill me some demons!!!
06/27/2012 04:31 PMPosted by Vaeflare
INTO THE GROUND MAGIC FIND GOES

INTENTIONAL DROP RATES