Error 3006: Error switching heroes

Technical Support
Keep getting this error when trying to log into the Diablo 3 client. I can't get logged in. Anyone else getting this?

Thanks
I am getting this too.
i got the same problem just now!!
same here.
same here just now. Can anybody tell me why ?
Getting this now too, my char stopped responding so I alt+f4'd. Now I can't get back in with 3006 error.
Yep, just now.. First I got an error 395000... Now when I try to login, it gives me 3006 error switching hero... I'm trying to log in not switch heroes... Sheesh.
06/24/2012 11:19 AMPosted by SmokeBlunts
Getting this now too, my char stopped responding so I alt+f4'd. Now I can't get back in with 3006 error.

exact same..
Yep, I just got this too. First my game was acting like the server had disconnected me. I couldn't change any of my skills and if I wandered too far off the map just sort of ended. I exited Diablo and tried to log in. After signing in it sat at the retrieving heroes message for about 30 seconds before saying error switching hero. I waited another 2 minutes, tried again and it let me in. Weird.
This just began happening to me over the past 10 minutes.

When logging in, the client will freeze for over 40 seconds at "Retrieving Hero List..." followed by an error window which reads "There was an error switching heroes. (Error 3006)."

I would love to be able to log in and play. A blue response would be appreciated.
UPDATE

After waiting a few minutes and restarting the client again, it appears the problem is resolved. I'll post again if this changes.
Yup right when i was at diablo hell mode, !@#$ign %^-*
Also having this problem.
Fix your crap blizz
Also having this problem.
Fix your crap blizz

I waited 2 minutes or so and it worked.
Same here, after about 15 minutes it seemed to go away. Maybe a backend server that hosts char files crashed. </purespeculation>
I was in Inferno Act 1 and the game froze while just killed. Waited a bit and didn't unfreeze or give an error message so I exited. Now am getting #3006 error. Tried waiting a few min and relogged in and its still giving me the same thing; I get all 3 green arrows but then can't get to the character.
The game totally stopped responding, I disconnected and am now receiving the same error.
I too am receiving the error. Was playing the beginning of hell in a public game, lagged, alt-f4'd, now error switching heroes when I try to re-log back in.

Edit: Same as Mr. Lost but on Hell.
I was playing the game then could not loot or do anything.