100k hp with 2k health regen

Witch Doctor
03/18/2013 11:32 PMPosted by Skamp
I cant stress enough that 120k dmg wd with infinte mana ( constant dmg from most powerful skills ) will out do a 190k wd with low attack speed and low mana regen.

lol. by using just regen helm and you wanna talk about being good at mana regen?

but I handle mp10 with efficiency at my 120k dps. and often carry whole teams.

another lol. apparently state of efficiency is very much relative. at my dps i dont even call myself efficient for mp10 farming

and you dont call yourself a tank at mp10 with that kind of all resist and armor. ehp is better than stacking health
if you want to see a real tank I got my ultra tank gear on atm. usually go with ss and sos for 57% melee dmg reduction + 14% eletie reduction + 6% ranged. reduction.

just the melee reduction gives me an equivalent ehp as an extra 1k resist
if you want to see a real tank I got my ultra tank gear on atm. usually go with sos for 57% melee dmg reduction + 14% eletie reduction + 6% ranged. reduction.

just the melee reduction gives me an equivalent ehp as an extra 1k resist

that's one of the craziest things i've ever seen!!! lol!!! that's right up there with a barb i saw once with like 70% block or something dumb, plus 11k armour and 100k health.

what am i doing over here in the WD forum?? maybe i should breath some life into my old WD....
So I decided to take advantage of a lot of our health regen perks.

I figure as I gear up more I'll peak around 150k hp with 3k health regen. The idea is that you can take quite a few hits in inferno still survive and kite to regen your life. I have 20k dps atm, but should go up quite a bit once I get more gear. The key obviously is getting the right combination of stats.

I'd rather play poorly and survive rather than have to play perfectly to kill stuff faster.

Shabob, having 80k life looks great on paper, but you'll have to raise your dps significantly to be effective. 27k dps ain't gonna cut it

I can not speak for the others but I handle mp10 with efficiency at my 120k dps. and often carry whole teams.

No you don't...

no WD (regardless of godliness) can handle mp10 with efficiency
you only have 272k+ EHP, you need to increase your AR and Armor, LOH/LS and DPS with that HP

http://d3up.com/b/432468
I stack regen, but not directly for my own survival-- it's for my pets and thus indirectly for my Witch Doctor. Do you remember how Wizards would use a combination of low life, Force Armor, and high regeneration to be invincible back when the game was released? The goal was to have all damage reduced to a point where it was all but instantly regenerated, and Force Armor ensured that even the biggest hits were capped at 35% of HP.

Pets have a form of force armor that is based off of your Armor and RA stats. If you combine this with high regeneration and Fierce Loyalty, they can pretty much face tank MP8/9. The one downside is that extremely large hits such as the sacrifice goblins in act 3 can do enough damage to one shot them. However, if a foe can't one shot your pets they simply won't die.
I didn't read this whole thread since I don't have time at the moment but you will need to get DPS. You can pretty much handle anything coming at ya with 50k life if you can get up around 80k DPS with life steal and some LoH stacked on too. Big stinker (gas cloud only) and leeching beats adds to regen + life regen gear, about 4K armor and 600-700+ AR. Also, using gruesome feast not only stacks your INT for DPS buff but also buffs AR. You would be able to handle incoming damage at an MP10 level with that except 80k won't be enough DPS for killing things efficiently. Life steal and bears / Acid Cloud + frogs for LoH does some nice return. Aside from that is 0 dog.
The statement about my mana regen being from helmet only is clearly in-accurate. i have higher than 90 mana regen per second from gear bonuses alone. check the set bonuses.my all resistance is 700+ including intelligence. and Ehp. lmao. with 100k health and my lvl of mitigation my ehp isn't even worth discussing. its ridiculously high. I utilize much more than just health as all the other players, took the time to read my original statement, andchecked my profile, have not just recognized an accurate 92% dmg mitigation on my part but mathematically broke it down so that people like *pBeybq* could understand the intricacies of why my build works. I apologize if your offended *pBeyq* that many of us don't meet the standards you've set before us. ( as high as they may be)and your left fielded remarks only degrade conversation. always read before you jabber off a bunch of insults, with no basis. if u want to "challenge" my tankiness. lets have a mathmatical breakdown of your superiority and right to chastise good conversation. if u have higher than 92% dmg mitigation and over 99.2k hp, then by all means sir, run that mouth
i suggest one reads previous pages. in their entirety. before quoting them
any other caster's out there with high mitigation and high life? lets keep this convo moving in a healthy direction. im looking for other wd's tanks, variant builds, and stat breakdowns. with the theme of 100k health, 90+% dmg mitigation while maintaining a decent dps.
armor(1-0.55)* all res (1-0.7)* lifelink (1-0.1)* jungle fortitude (1-.15)* badmedicine (1-.20) = 0.0826 = 8.26% damage received active dmg mitigation

edge of 100k health with 99.2k life.

WoS + BEARS including infinite mana capabilites ( higher than 90 passive regen on mana plus the effects of RoE ) hit like a bus on fire. and heal like powdered unicorn horn. with a minimum of 3% lifesteal.

the above is non-debatable. what is debatable is my 120k dmg little over 30% crit chance, 500%ish crit dmg and 1.93 attack speed. while that seems low. it works well with 3 bears per volley. 4 spirits per barrage. at almost twice the normal attack speed, with no mana issues, it makes for a constant flurry of death. i can pump out both moves ( leftclick-rightclick-repeat) for eternity. and stand to take the pain ( all 8% of it )
Well, my above post talks about using regen to enable face tanking pets at high MP levels.

I have about 700 RA, 4k armor, 3.3k HP/S, 900 LoH, 64k HP. The key is that you don't need to use Leaching Beasts just so that the dogs have a chance at survivng at MP7+. Because of this, I can use Life Link for 30% extra damage reduction while these guys still face tank Champs/Elites at high MP levels. Also, the WD is a class whose actual DPS far exceeds the sheet DPS-- particularly with layered AC bleed procs and Humungoid.

I think what people are trying to point out is that high hp and regen is best used in conjunction with high AR, Armor, and LoH/LS. And I would totally agree. I wouldn't sacrifice the layered stats I have for 28k more hp just for the sake of seeing 100k hp when I hover over my bulb.

PS-- I just realized this thread was necroed...
03/19/2013 12:59 PMPosted by JuliuSeizure
The key is that you don't need to use Leaching Beasts just so that the dogs have a chance at survivng at MP7+.

I jumped over to a 0 dog and ended up spinning up another doc to move some of my old gear to so at the moment neither of them is where I want them to be but good enough for now. At it sounds like you are doing what I was with mine. If I take my best pieces and combine them I would be around 148k DPS and 67K life, 3K life regen, 4k armor, over 90 mana regen, 2.8 LS, 500 LoH and using fierce loyalty for pet tanks. It was working really well that way. I think my EHP was over 550k last I calculated it.

I'm not sure if the calc program compensate for life regen though especially with monster attack speed. I would often regen as fast as I was hit. Gargantuan - Big Stinker gas cloud would add quite a bit of life steal to a point I could stand in a horde of scorpians and not do anything. Differences with life link dogs and leechers depended on MP level. Anything over MP8 the life link helped quite a bit with damage reduction.
BTW, it might be different with 1.0.7 if anything has changed but I had tested a ton with pets life return. With fierce loyalty leechers returns on life steal / LoH for both attack and thorns damage. Gargantuans don't return ANY life on their attack. The only thing that did was the poison cloud aura on Big Stinker. Also fire dogs and rabit dogs but depends on the LS and how much damage you do.

That said I mostly used life as a buffer for how much of a hit I could take and regen life almost immediately to full.
I'd hate to be the one to point this out but this thread was necroed from 9 full months ago. I'll bump it to the top anyways :)
Too funny.. I never looked at the post date. :)
03/19/2013 02:06 PMPosted by Shockwave
BTW, it might be different with 1.0.7 if anything has changed but I had tested a ton with pets life return. With fierce loyalty leechers returns on life steal / LoH for both attack and thorns damage. Gargantuans don't return ANY life on their attack. The only thing that did was the poison cloud aura on Big Stinker. Also fire dogs and rabit dogs but depends on the LS and how much damage you do.

It's funny how similar our paths were on these regen/Fierece Loyalty builds. I tested the same thing and incorporated Thorns into my build for this very reason as I switch over to Leeching Beasts when my friends want to play MP10 with their glass cannon characters. I end up being the tank/distraction.

I'm also hoping for a buff to Thorns in the future, which apparently is in the works, and Regen/Thorns gear is under priced on the market.