Can we get a blue to comment on the AH?

General Discussion
In terms of incoming/planned changes to the AH, we basically haven't heard anything from blizzard - and it seems like changes to the AH are currently some of the most sought after improvements to Diablo 3.

I personally understand that the D3 AH was no easy feat to create from a technical standpoint, so I am in no way demanding any of these changes happen.

So here are my questions (others feel free to add on and I will try to edit them in):

• What is the current state of improvements for the AH? Is anything currently being worked on?
  • Are you planning to add the ability to search for more than 3 affixes? Most classes look for more than 3 once they hit 60 and can be hard to find the right gear. If not, could there instead be an option to search within results to simulate more filters?
  • Will we be able to watch auctions without having to bid?
  • Will we be able to have a non-roundabout way (having to link the gold stack to chat) of seeing what the stats were on the item we just sold?
  • Will we be able to see how much our item didnt sell for?
  • Will we be able to sort by bid, time left, and/or other stat categories besides dps/armor?
  • Will we be able to filter legendaries by certain stats?
  • Will stats from sockets be removed from search queries?
  • Will suggested items be dependent on our current gold?
  • Will we have a more powerful search tool at any point? Stat/Dps/armor ranges, gold ranges, etc.
  • Will we be able to tab between search affixes?
  • Will we be able to search by ilvl?
  • Its still is hard to search for some affixes - damage range on rings and offhands, block% on shields, etc. Will this be made any easier?

If a blue could comment on ANY of these I would be extremely happy. And if possible, maybe comment on if the reason some of these changes are because of GUI related problems, or technical (servers and such) related problems.

Thanks!
All valid points.

+1
bump
bummmmmmmmmp
these upgrades would make it much easier to use AH would not have to spend 30 mins looking for 1 item!
I'd love a 'search whithin results' option if they won't allow more search criteria.
In terms of incoming/planned changes to the AH, we basically haven't heard anything from blizzard - and it seems like changes to the AH are currently some of the most sought after improvements to Diablo 3.

I personally understand that the D3 AH was no easy feat to create from a technical standpoint, so I am in no way demanding any of these changes happen.

So here are my questions (others feel free to add on and I will try to edit them in):

• What is the current state of improvements for the AH? Is anything currently being worked on?
  • Are you planning to add the ability to search for more than 3 affixes? Most classes look for more than 3 once they hit 60 and can be hard to find the right gear. If not, could there instead be an option to search within results to simulate more filters?
  • Will we be able to have a non-roundabout way (having to link the gold stack to chat) of seeing what the stats were on the item we just sold?
  • Will we be able to sort by bid, time left, and/or other stat categories besides dps/armor?
  • Will we have a more powerful search tool at any point? Stat/Dps/armor ranges, gold ranges, etc.

If a blue could comment on ANY of these I would be extremely happy. And if possible, maybe comment on if the reason some of these changes are because of GUI related problems, or technical (servers and such) related problems.

Thanks!

Thanks!

I'd like to see the stats of the item i sold, to see what didn't sold..so i have a better idea of what to sell for next.
06/28/2012 09:27 AMPosted by Hawksole
Will we be able to sort by bid, time left, and/or other stat categories besides dps/armor?

all great and painfully obvious points, but this on in particular needs fixed ASAP.

should be able to filter on base dmg/armor as well.
liked
bump
Are you planning to add the ability to search for more than 3 affixes? Most classes look for more than 3 once they hit 60 and can be hard to find the right gear. If not, could there instead be an option to search within results to simulate more filters?
- i hope they won't its much more of gambling like it is now, which is actually fun for me. also bot could profit from that

Will we be able to watch auctions without having to bid?
- it is possible right now, if you don't have the gold just bid and you can check under auctions if there is an actual bid on the item. but yea needs to be fixed, count of bids or something would be nice

Will we be able to filter legendaries by certain stats?
- would be awesome right now its still possible to search most of the legendaries with stats by lvlreq and choosing legendary in filter. also you can search working boj shoes: search for armor and lvl 38-39 (not sure right now), ats and legendary
Are you planning to add the ability to search for more than 3 affixes? Most classes look for more than 3 once they hit 60 and can be hard to find the right gear. If not, could there instead be an option to search within results to simulate more filters?
- i hope they won't its much more of gambling like it is now, which is actually fun for me. also bot could profit from that

I think youre one of few who feels this way, and I also dont really think it would help bots in any way, because bots can probably already look for other stats already. If it did help bots in any way, I doubt it would make them more of a problem than they already are.

Will we be able to watch auctions without having to bid?
- it is possible right now, if you don't have the gold just bid and you can check under auctions if there is an actual bid on the item. but yea needs to be fixed, count of bids or something would be nice

I already knew about this, but it doesnt always work and its another roundabout way of doing something that probably should just be offered.

Will we be able to filter legendaries by certain stats?
- would be awesome right now its still possible to search most of the legendaries with stats by lvlreq and choosing legendary in filter. also you can search working boj shoes: search for armor and lvl 38-39 (not sure right now), ats and legendary

Again, I already knew this was possible. Its not really that easy for some legendaries - off the top of my head say I want sage's seekers with str, vit, and magic find - not that easy to search for because all the properties on sages seekers are already found on all other boots. Your way is another workaround, and can return results for other legendaries that also fit your query.
06/29/2012 09:59 AMPosted by Tallenn
liked

Remember to do this if you indeed like these ideas, it will help get CM or MVP attention quicker.