1.0.3b Delayed (Updated)

General Discussion
Prev 1 9 10 11 26 Next

Wow. If my company had employees that talked to it's customers like this 1. the company would be going down the drain (already possibly happening I guess) and 2. they'd fire them.

No one in their right mind would take the job of addressing this frothing mob (not everyone of course, but you know who you are) without at least a little bit of latitude to use humor to defray some of the incoming shrapnel.

I guess he could simply ignore all red-faced illogical responses. But then he wouldn't be able to answer the underlying, and often flawed, assumptions and the angry folks would feel left out of the conversation.

Humor can be a viable solution, especially if folks remember that voice tone and body language are not readily communicable in type so it is always best to give folks the benefit of the doubt in written communication rather then imagining them as speaking in the most hurtful and snide tones possible.

There would be a lot less shrapnel flying around, had 1.0.3 never happened.

Just a suggestion, in future patches, Blizzard, you may want to avoid ending them in x.0.3 just to be on the safe side.
Is there any ETA on when you are going to fix the ASI (IAS) attributes on legendary items? They haven´t been working since the release and it is... underwhelming :(
06/27/2012 11:50 PMPosted by TekiNinjo
Is there any ETA on when you are going to fix the ASI (IAS) attributes on legendary items? They haven´t been working since the release and it is... underwhelming :(

Believe they said 1.0.4
06/27/2012 11:50 PMPosted by TekiNinjo

They said they'd be doing it in patch 1.0.4 last time I heard. So my guess would be sometime in the next few weeks and before they put out the big PVP patch 1.1.0.
06/27/2012 11:37 PMPosted by Bashiok
Any idea what time the patchnotes for the hotfixes will be out?

As soon as we get into the office, so I'd say about 9am pacific. Give or take an alarm snooze.

Thanks for the quick answers.
There would be a lot less shrapnel flying around, had 1.0.3 never happened.

Just a suggestion, in future patches, Blizzard, you may want to avoid ending them in x.0.3 just to be on the safe side.

LOL, probably true on both accounts.

That said, you catch more flies with honey than vinegar.
Is there any way to bring in a fix to have the news show "in menus" so you do not have to log out and restart to see if a down time has been scheduled in case of an event like this hotfix?
Bash, this is the second time in a row I am going to call you out.

I know, and you KNOW, that when you posted this you KNOW the updates you are going to release. To say ... herp derp, in 5 hours we are going to tell you what we are doing, is just stupid, and only points to the extact problem. You know, but are unwilling to share the reality with us all. You bury the updates in threads like this instead of giving solo threads, with updates as soon as you know them. People have had a TON of issues with the content of your rollouts, but the MANNER of your rollouts are just as problematic.

Crap, this is what I do. I am a PhD student in Poli Sci, and one of my favourite foci for studies is how parties roll out policies and responses. You (blizz) have failed in almost every measure I can come up with ... please, if you are looking to, hire me. I could help you SO fricken much. ... your roll out is possibly the worst I have seen. Worse then coffee table books that didn't sell by Connan ... in all honesty.

We're a global company, and we attempt as much as possible to ensure we release things globally in as many languages as possible. We're not perfect in that goal, but we make a strong effort, because we believe that support of our games does not need to begin and end with one language or one country. The time to translate and coordinate posting of changes takes time, and posting it in one language and region first for information that can be coordinated (and not all of it can) is a disservice to the global community.

But as you're so well versed in such matters I'd be happy to take any notes you have on how to better serve a game, its updates, and surrounding communication simultaneously in 13 languages.

Dude got owned hard.
06/27/2012 08:26 PMPosted by Janix
Any plans on addressing the crazy amount of low level gear dropping in inferno?
Just merchant it. If everything that droped was great, ie over level 60, the AH would be flooded and nothing selling. Good stuff needs to be scarce to be worth trading with other players.

BTW. Where are we supposed to post suggestions?

I would like the devs to consider a 5% non-refundable listing fee on the AH (not RMAH) based on the starting bid price that set. eg. if you want to put a crazy starting bid of 20mill on an item, then you have to fork out 1mill to list it. The idea is to get rid of crazy starting bids, that are driving the AH out of general affordability. Plus it will provide a small gold sink for the rapidly inflating economy.
Any plans on addressing the crazy amount of low level gear dropping in inferno?
Just merchant it. If everything that droped was great, ie over level 60, the AH would be flooded and nothing selling. Good stuff needs to be scarce to be worth trading with other players.

It's a little too scarce when you have to farm 100+ hours to find 1 upgrade.
Plus it will provide a small gold sink for the rapidly inflating economy.

Your idea would throw the baby out with the bathwater. You'd also be punishing anyone who posts an item priced properly to the best of their ability and doesn't get a sale because most ppl won't buy it if it's been on the AH for more than an hour and you're not able to take it down and re-post.

Also, imo, at this point in the game suggesting further gold sinks, no matter how justified you think your reasoning is, is tantamount to trolling.
06/27/2012 09:26 PMPosted by Xigbar
Fix rubberbanding like you promised about a month ago, and maybe take out some of that rediculous IAS nerf. I could care less about drop rates personally, I just don't like swinging slower than my grandma.

Please elaborate on grandma's ability to swing a 70 pound poleaxe around like a flyswatter.
06/28/2012 12:02 AMPosted by Ernie

Main problem with this is I end up feeling like a garbage sorter instead of a heroic adventurer. I'd much rather they decreased the junk-drop rate drastically and upped the gold drop rate a bit to compensate for the lost income. Junk-sorting just isn't fun.
So I have to ask about this.

You could increase the drop rates by ten fold ( 20% chance to get ilvl 63 in act 1 ) and still not have an awesome effect if you lower "Good" drops even more.

Can we expect higher ilvls to be more consistently gear we would use? Or are you just making it so the gear a lot of people are complaining about simply drops more often?
06/28/2012 12:17 AMPosted by Doomdragonz
Can we expect higher ilvls to be more consistently gear we would use? Or are you just making it so the gear a lot of people are complaining about simply drops more often?

And there's the 40 million gold question. It could be that they didn't actually nerf the RNG (though it certainly appears that they did from my end) and that the drastically decreased number of drops of ilvl 63 gear is the reason we're so much less likely to see any of it that's worth not melting. But I'd sure like to know for sure and, if the RNG >was< nerfed, whether or not they are wisely de-nerfing it.
06/27/2012 10:40 PMPosted by Denegroth
dont post until your done ? ... you brought this on yourself .. you hung out a piece of meat .. but did so with an empty table ... now youve got some hungry folks looking at you as dinner

This is typically why Blizzard doesn't post things til they're 100% done. But then people cry about never getting any updates or communication. So he posted, knowing players would want to know this, and he STILL gets harassed...

This community is unbelievable.

Spoiled Child Syndrom.

"In 1989, Bruce McIntosh coined the term the 'spoiled child syndrome'. The syndrome is characterized by 'excessive, self-centered, and immature behavior'. It includes lack of consideration for other people, recurrent temper tantrums, an inability to handle the delay of gratification, demands for having one's own way, obstructiveness, and manipulation."
06/27/2012 11:16 PMPosted by Blayde

Our time machine is broken.

Wow. If my company had employees that talked to it's customers like this 1. the company would be going down the drain (already possibly happening I guess) and 2. they'd fire them.

Blizzard as a company is as broken as it latest offering I guess.
'

Oh no. An employee with a personality. Devastating. How ever will you get by without having robots talk to you?