1.0.3b Delayed (Updated)

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 26 Next
06/27/2012 09:05 PMPosted by SDCrippler
+1 for the transparency, thank you for keeping us on the same page! This is how we progress together as a community. You have my gratitude and support. Now, off to Sanctuary!

And thanks for making sure the drop rates got pushed through this week, even if the rest of 1.0.3b didn't. I appreciate you doing your best to stick to that, even though it was just a maybe.
where is the pvp?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
06/27/2012 09:07 PMPosted by Ashdorzeth
Will these hot fixes bring us back to play again or make even more people leave. It's not mentioned as to what changes your referring to only the drop rates. I like to know more please.

He just said they are posting the changes tomorrow before the restarts...
We’ll also be updating the June hotfix blog with specific changes (including new drop rates) tomorrow morning after we manage to wrangle up a cup of coffee.

Make sure you double the scoops.

Back on topic. Glad to see some of the more requested changes are being hotfixed in ASAP!

Looking forward to seeing what actually changed.
06/27/2012 09:07 PMPosted by Ashdorzeth
Will these hot fixes bring us back to play again or make even more people leave. It's not mentioned as to what changes your referring to only the drop rates. I like to know more please.

Hey guy, if you read the whole thing you'd see he said they are going to update the hotfix notes in the morning. I can copy/paste that part for you if you'd like.
06/27/2012 08:23 PMPosted by Ragnarokchu
Let me guess the issue was the patch made the game more fun so you had to fix that,

My monitor thanks you for the tea shower it received when I read this.
What time exactly will the hot fixes come in? And which hot fixes other than increasing act 3 / 4 - and hopefully turning pony land back to its former glory...
I'd say thanks for the update but you really don't care. So I'll remind you that the people that quit really do not care what you patch to this game. You have already made them quit, they are not coming back no matter how many rainbows you promise. You made the game awesome for gold selling website and annoyingly bad for the casual gamer. You keep hammering away the gamer.

Blizzard people buy video games to chill out and be challenged not to goto a website to spend real money to buy video game gold just so they can repair bad equipment. They have bad equipment that needs to be repaired because they keep dying because you've made it imposable to progress.

You can't do stage 2 unless you have stage 4 items. No you cannot, it's impossible. So how did they get to stage 4 in the first place? Well when Blizzard launched this game they made it very easy for gold selling website players to advance. Once all the gold selling websites collecting enough items and gold Blizzard closed the doors to stage 2.

This is what Blizzard has done with most of their games. Friends, family and internal testers all know the secret ways to beat the game and they supply everyone else with table scraps.

You as a dev cannot begin a new game of and successful play an enjoyable session. You can't. You won't even bother trying. This game is not enjoyable, especially to you the one who worked on it. It's tedious, repetitive and boring. Doing the same thing over and over while getting the same result is not fun, no it's not fun it's crazy.

You can't advance to stage 2 until you have completed stage 4. That's stupid. It's a stupid design. When you try to explain to everyone that it's not stupid but instead it's your brilliant plan to make the game enjoyable to everyone you lose credibility. You're lying. We know you're lying because there's only so much you can tell us while you pee on us, "it's not what you think, it's rain and it's good for you". You're lying Blizzard.

You promised many things before this game went live and you retracted nearly all of those promises.

Two percent chance of finding the correct level item, zero percent chance of finding the item you can use. Then what's the use of playing? Look at your data. You know it's been a month of doing the same run over and over. The human mind can't do that Blizzard. Read a book about how fragile the human condition is. You're dipping into torture, you're making us do the same thing over and over for hours at a time with no reward.

Nobody wants to buy what I find because they all find the same thing I do and it's all really useless. What's the point then? Well that's Diablo isn't it. Hey that's no excuse to produce an inferior product. You have competition now and when you make a fool of your customers they get offended.

Here's your list of things to do:

Stop torturing your clients.
Stop insulting your clients.
Stop offending your clients.
Stop annoying your clients.

That's your starter list, you have a long way to go but for now work on that. If this list seems completely unfamiliar to you then quit your job, it's time you took a permanent vacation from the video game industry. The guy in the cubicle next to you gets paid to play Blizzard games, no matter how terrible the game may be he will still play it. The guy at home looking for fun doesn't need your crap.
This game is nothing like d2...So sad, shouldn't of let blizzard north go...Was the only good team at blizzard.
06/27/2012 08:21 PMPosted by Lagnap
hopefully you wont be nerfing more stuff, and take out the the stupid enrage timers .

I concur. "Enrage timers", as it's called, is a WoW mechanic. This is Diablo.

There's so much WoW in this game already. AH, "dumbed down" skill system (suppose D3 skill system is the beta test for MoP), etc. It's about time they start removing some of those WoW mechanics from Diablo, even if it begins with enrage timers.
It's not the drop *rates*; it's the quality of the items that do drop. I wish someone would speak to that.

Edited for punctuation, as usual.
I'd say thanks for the update but you really don't care. So I'll remind you that the people that quit really do not care what you patch to this game. You have already made them quit, they are not coming back no matter how many rainbows you promise. You made the game awesome for gold selling website and annoyingly bad for the casual gamer. You keep hammering away the gamer.

Blizzard people buy video games to chill out and be challenged not to goto a website to spend real money to buy video game gold just so they can repair bad equipment. They have bad equipment that needs to be repaired because they keep dying because you've made it imposable to progress.

You can't do stage 2 unless you have stage 4 items. No you cannot, it's impossible. So how did they get to stage 4 in the first place? Well when Blizzard launched this game they made it very easy for gold selling website players to advance. Once all the gold selling websites collecting enough items and gold Blizzard closed the doors to stage 2.

This is what Blizzard has done with most of their games. Friends, family and internal testers all know the secret ways to beat the game and they supply everyone else with table scraps.

You as a dev cannot begin a new game of and successful play an enjoyable session. You can't. You won't even bother trying. This game is not enjoyable, especially to you the one who worked on it. It's tedious, repetitive and boring. Doing the same thing over and over while getting the same result is not fun, no it's not fun it's crazy.

You can't advance to stage 2 until you have completed stage 4. That's stupid. It's a stupid design. When you try to explain to everyone that it's not stupid but instead it's your brilliant plan to make the game enjoyable to everyone you lose credibility. You're lying. We know you're lying because there's only so much you can tell us while you pee on us, "it's not what you think, it's rain and it's good for you". You're lying Blizzard.

You promised many things before this game went live and you retracted nearly all of those promises.

Two percent chance of finding the correct level item, zero percent chance of finding the item you can use. Then what's the use of playing? Look at your data. You know it's been a month of doing the same run over and over. The human mind can't do that Blizzard. Read a book about how fragile the human condition is. You're dipping into torture, you're making us do the same thing over and over for hours at a time with no reward.

Nobody wants to buy what I find because they all find the same thing I do and it's all really useless. What's the point then? Well that's Diablo isn't it. Hey that's no excuse to produce an inferior product. You have competition now and when you make a fool of your customers they get offended.

That's your starter list, you have a long way to go but for now work on that. If this list seems completely unfamiliar to you then quit your job, it's time you took a permanent vacation from the video game industry. The guy in the cubicle next to you gets paid to play Blizzard games, no matter how terrible the game may be he will still play it. The guy at home looking for fun doesn't need your crap.

You clearly don't care about the game.

Replying just so you know someone read this. I don't agree with you, but I read it.
For what it's worth, tomorrow's hotfix is going to get me back on Diablo 3. Just wish we had an idea of when it's going live, since there's nothing under Service Status for a restart in under 8 hours.
When can we look forward to some game mechanic fixes ?

All we see is economy related fixes .. and for alot of us .. we just dont care

EDIT : this is what people complain about when it comes to communication

you make a post about a big change to the game plan .. then turn and walk away to let the community guess at the answers to their questions ?

and you wonder why people think Blues disregard the community >_>

WTF is wrong with you? They said that they will post full details tomorrow morning.

They could have not posted this at all. This is basically what you want. Them communicating with the fans, but you throw a tantrum when the list isn't compiled right this minute?
Fix rubberbanding like you promised about a month ago, and maybe take out some of that rediculous IAS nerf. I could care less about drop rates personally, I just don't like swinging slower than my grandma.